RP Kurri kurri Round 1 count down of AWESOMENESS

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He told me that next round will be a double header lakes Saturday kurri on the Sunday.

it has nothing to do with the track being wet. it is the fact that there will be no racing after a 10 hour drive or longer for some.

Yeah mate that's why I've been ringin crew turning em around ...hopefully most have'nt left or gone far yet. I think Kurri was the only track with a shot in this weather ... but with record rainfall there's nuthin Brad could do.

We havent had any rain for the 3 mouths at home, just get rain over on coast when wounta go riden :(

if there are any QLD's down there would someone be willing to pick up a stocker off Rach and bring it up to Nerang? i will pay em $100 to get it here.

Anyone that i know keen for a ride at my backyard track let us know?. Have ride day at my backyard track. (if kurri gets canceled)

the race has been canceled i am so sorry but the weather has flooded the track to the point that excess water cannot get away and if we could no telling wat the weekend will bring with rain as it is still to rain till monday.calling it now was the only thing i could do to help all the interstate riders.wat we r planning is to race maitland august 20th as sheduled and then at lakes on september 10th on the sat then the next day race kurri september 11th,i wil confirm this in the next day or 2

Dear Brad.
A phone call, text or even email would have been nice BEFORE I left work early and drove from Canberra to Sydney for absolutely no reason whatsoever! And even then I only found out when I phoned Shearer to find out where he was camped.
I can accept the weather is out of your control, what I find TOTALLY unacceptable is your method of notification - writing it on a forum less than 24 hours before race day.
C'mon, fair go. The last 6 hours driving have been a nothing but a total waste of time and money.
Ben

Brad is trying as hard as he can so how about thanking him for the effort.. i dont think it would be easy for him to call off yet another event for unforeseen circumstances.

you cant really expect him to txt or msg every individual person, placing the bad news here on the forum is probably the best way to get it to the people...

also, maybe the track is capable of clearing up with less than 12hrs of no rain hence the so called late notification...

Brad cancelled the event by giving notice on the exact places he advertised the even to start with so he did everything right I believe.

Yeah i agree with sean and dhz , i was checking the weather every day to see what it was like . Can't put all blame on one person, you knew they had recors rain fall ! It was on the news

no doubt a lot of effort goes into planning and cancelling these events, and that it would of been a difficult choice. I don't dispute that, and respect Brad for it.

I do however expect a promoter of any event to make a reasonable effort to get in touch with pre-paid attendees. After all, what is the point of putting our contact details on the entry form to begin with?

I don't blame you for been upset and wasting allot of time in travel.
Brad called it off as early as he could to avoid this from happening to interstate rider's.
Keep in mind that Brad had to travel and spend a night away from home to be at the track to make a decision to call it off or not so don't be too harsh on him. He gave it his best to do the right thing by every single rider the best he could.

Brad is the only one that puts these races on, to come on and slam him for the "late cancellation notice" to me is ungrateful and disrespectful. With his own money and rep on the line im sure he made positively sure it was a no go before he pulled the pin. Also don't forget, he uses other clubs tracks so footing the blame on him when it could have been the clubs call is just crap. If i was brad and read this id tell yas to shove it. He has copped far to much of this the last few race attempts and its just not fair on him.

Brad, you got my number mate. Txt or call if you need any help.

Wayno spot on. Plus the late notice was because he tried everything to keep the event on! He didn't want to cancel but it got to a point where the weather was totally unbareable! I say good on ya brad for trying to keep it on for as long as you did and all your efforts for keeping it on!!

I don't want to harp on about it... Like I said, my only beef is with the notification. If you're going to cancel an event <24 hours before it starts, I expect the promoter to make a reasonable effort to get in touch with the attendees to who pre-paid months in advance. Posting it on a forum doesn't cut it in my opinion, especially when all our contact details are a mandatory field on the entry form.

Latest posts

Back