Shearers backyard 50 track build'n

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks darude for kind words :) .Have heaps of fun with my track setup! Playing around racing mates

This pic was last weeknd Just few hours before midnight! Stay'd up riding till like 1am was heaps of Fun.

Lucky bastards, ride whenever you want, that's hell cool

Got bit of rain this week. Got track dam full , so heaps of water now! for me watering system. :)
My dog "Sprocket" Loves the water :)

Just read this thread from start to finish, and the track is incredible!!! Funny how one man's vision can lead to so much enjoyment for others. I really like how ya used the rig and equipment to build the track, otherwise it would've been a backbreaking job. Hey, all ya need now is a trials riding area, and I have just the photos to inspire you in that department. You're a truck driver, so I reckon you'll appreciate these shots, LOL. Just visit this web page...

"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Then click on Page 11 and go to Post #102, Lone Pine Revisited: Part 1---The Alabama Hills. Those photos will surely give you some ideas about building a trials riding area next to the existing track(s), LOL. Never in my life have I seen one hand so devoted to riding that he put so much work into building a track, entirely at his expense, just so he and his mates could have a blast riding it. The sound system and the lights are heller cool, just like skateparks back in the old days... I gotta hand it to ya, Mr. Shearer, you are one committed rider, and one hell of a track builder. Judging by some of the replies in this thread, there seems to be a real need for decent tracks in Australia. Maybe you should design and build tracks across the continent, you'd probably make some good money and have a blast doing it too. Just my $.02, from an old OTR truck driver, 10-4???

Last edited:
Just read this thread from start to finish, and the track is incredible!!! Funny how one man's vision can lead to so much enjoyment for others. I really like how ya used the rig and equipment to build the track, otherwise it would've been a backbreaking job. Hey, all ya need now is a trials riding area, and I have just the photos to inspire you in that department. You're a truck driver, so I reckon you'll appreciate these shots, LOL. Just visit this web page...

"Got Chrome??? How about Armor???"

Then click on Page 11 and go to Post #102, Lone Pine Revisited: Part 1---The Alabama Hills. Those photos will surely give you some ideas about building a trials riding area next to the existing track(s), LOL. Never in my life have I seen one hand so devoted to riding that he put so much work into building a track, entirely at his expense, just so he and his mates could have a blast riding it. The sound system and the lights are heller cool, just like skateparks back in the old days... I gotta hand it to ya, Mr. Shearer, you are one committed rider, and one hell of a track builder. Judging by some of the replies in this thread, there seems to be a real need for decent tracks in Australia. Maybe you should design and build tracks across the continent, you'd probably make some good money and have a blast doing it too. Just my $.02, from an old OTR truck driver, 10-4???

Thank you so much for such a positive reply :). Made my day!
A lot of people quick to criticize and pic out faults with negative attitube. So always great to get positive feed back! Mite think nice things but not say them! but if thoughts where bad! get ear full then lol.

Well the idea of trails track riding area is new idea!. Haven't had that one before. Be bit hard on minibike trails id say. Our place is very flat, Could near farm every acre of it. the dirt used was all carted in pretty much.

Watt can i say i love me dirt bikes! Everyone thats came out to ride or come to one of my Shearer's Fun race days! All had a blast! Some people evan gone as fair to say Best weeknd away riding they ever have had! :) . So touch's me heart to think ive had that sort of in-packet! on other fellow dirt bike fans! Dose make it all the more worth while!

Oh, I was just kidding about having a rockpile taller than the Alabama Hills... truck driving humor, 10-4??? I know these little minis don't have a whole lot of clearance or travel, but I still think it would be cool to have a little trials riding area, a place to test the trials riding skills of those willing to go for it. Maybe even put a big berm in there, like the infamous "Wall of Death" back in the day, LOL. When we were kids here in Coronado, my friends and I built a primo BMX track in a grove of trees down by the bay, and we did it entirely through backbreaking labor, using only shovels and whatnot. Too young to even have licenses, you understand. Once we got the track through the trees up and running, we extended the trail out toward the beach, where the old dirt parking lot ended and a long straight dirt embankment dropped down about 8' or 10' to the beach below. There was a hard dirt trail that ran along the bottom of the embankment, then nothing but soft sand. We dug a huge curved berm into that embankment, like a big ol' bowl at the end of a burly snake run in an old school skatepark. Thing was a monster, and it took us several days to complete, but it was totally worth the effort.

The dirt parking lot above was bordered by old utility poles laid lengthwise in the dirt, running parallel along the edge of the embankment but a few feet removed from the lip, so we built a jump on the far side of one large utility pole. Riders could haul @$$ on the trail through the trees, rip out into the dirt parking lot, pedal for all they were worth and hit that jump, then sail through the air for a considerable distance before landing down near the bottom of that huge curved berm we dug into the hillside... or those riders could skip the jump, duck through a gap in the utility poles, and take that big ol' curved berm at speed, pulling a roundhouse carve down to the trail at the foot of the embankment. In hindsight, I reckon that jump was pretty dangerous, and some kids wouldn't even try it, it was that intimidating, but it was a great thrill to pull it off, once you figured out just how fast you needed to go to make the jump, LOL. The first time I tried it, I sailed too far, clear across the gaping berm like a canyon jump by Evel Knievel... did a big ol' endo on the far slope, with one bike pedal whipping past my ear as I took the tumble, but the landing was on downsloping dirt, so I escaped serious injury. The bike whipped past so hard that it did two or three end-over-end revolutions before coming to rest at the foot of the embankment.

Man, those were the days... the bayside BMX track is long gone, of course, as that whole area has been developed over the decades. You are lucky to have your track on your own property, where nobody else can mess with it or tear it down... keep up the good work, Mr. Shearer, you are doing a stellar job in the track-building department. I may be relatively new to this monkeybiking business, but I'm no stranger to dirt biking, and I can see straight off that you are a credit to the mini-riding community, a real hand when it comes to making things happen and keeping the sport alive. Moi, I'll be posting a few trail-riding shots here shortly, just to share some pics of lesser-known riding venues here in my home county and neighboring counties. Hey, I get to order parts for my bike today, WOOHOO!!! I already feel like a kid in a candy store, LOL... probably won't be so enthused when the time comes to settle the bill, but I reckon it'll be worth every penny once my bike is up to speed and running those trails I mentioned. Wait till you see the shots of Carveacre Road, the Valley of the Moon, and the Santa Rosa Mountains... those will be some cool shots, and they'll give you and your mates a chance to check out some of the more obscure venues here in SoCal.

Last edited:
Anther pole going up! :)
With 3 x 250watt HID flood lights

Oh yeah I can't wait to come race, it's going to be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got Some Black & yellow Caps now! Shearer's with the winkie face! ;)
I reckon they neat as Me! I needed a new hat so thought Make some up for Fun ;)

started reading from start to finish at 11:30pm - 12:20am and couldn't sleep until I finished it.
Truly amazing track and all your hard work and commitment shows. good to see so many people supporting you, having some good legal fun. Im new to the mini scene or motorbikes in general and its good to see people keeping it alive. what a legend, keep it up. 10/10
definitely jealous of having land to build these things on, ... I might have to go exploring in the bush on the weekend :grinning-smiley-003

Glad you enjoyed checking my track building! I enjoy my bikes heaps keeps me going to work. So can play around go riding with mates! :)

How about on board with Paul go pro video ;)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yMSVI7K-ve8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome video, youse Crusty Australian Demons O' Dirt & Monkeybiking Heroes are OUTRAGEOUS, LOL. I like the pass on the jump, while Pablo and that other rider nearly pranged their bikes on the wall of that tunnel. I really need to get one of those cameras, but I have my heart set on a new motor first, and the thought of paying $400+ for a camera doesn't sit well with me anyway, I need to find some knockoff for about one-third of the price (cheap b@stard, as y'all know). I'd love to have one of those cameras for riding in "The Valley of the Moon"---ah, well, at least I'll take some more still shots, but the trails in the Valley itself are great, you can really haul @$$ on 'em. The 2-mile entrance road, not so much, it's more rugged, but the Valley floor is relatively flat and many of the turns already have nice berms worn into 'em, so it's WIDE OPEN CITY, LOL. :banana::banana::banana:

Of course, I've shamelessly ripped off your collective mini-riding style, it's SAFER to know how NOT to wipe out and CHEW DIRT, you understand. No future in chewing dirt, my dental plan doesn't cover the gravel bits and larger boulders. Alright, Boyz, I'm off to buy some C6HSA spark plugs, I believe the C7HSA plugs that came with the bike may NOT be the correct plugs for this 72cc Lifan motor, I'm gonna try the C6s and see how things go. Had some sooty carbon deposits on the other plugs, and I wanna eliminate that problem. Y'all be good, and keep posting those pics & videos: one day, I'll catch up to ya and pull a 150' WHIP on my little offroad thrasher (8" wheels included), LOL. :jumping-smiley-011: :jumping-smiley-011: :jumping-smiley-011:

Last edited:
Got to love Night ride sessions on 50 in summer time! :) So much fun

Nice... somehow that shot reminds me of riding skateparks at night with friends back in the late '70s. Not what passes for skateparks nowadays, but gnarly skateparks with heaps of vertical... some even had overhanging sections to ride. Those were the glory days of skateboarding, with parks lit up at night and skaters tearing up the runs, bowls & pools. Sadly, most of the friends with whom I used to ride have already passed away, they died weird untimely deaths due to unrelated causes. Tommy ("T-Bone") is still around, but there are times when I feel like one of the last survivors aboard a life raft in the middle of the ocean.

Oh, yeah, there IS one modern park that looks cool lit up at night: the Extreme Skatepark in Louisville, Kentucky, that park is awesome and has plenty of vertical and overhang. I did read somewhere that construction crews were going to move the full pipe and flanking bowls, something to do with upgrading or replacing the old bridge above the park (I-65, if I remember correctly). Hopefully they rebuild the 24' full pipe and flanking vertical bowls even better than they already were... that whole setup was primo when I last visited the park. You can probably Google the "Extreme Skatepark" to see shots of the original 24' pipe and sweet flanking bowls.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back