SLY 50 160 CC BILLITFRAME

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really I'm not going to say its a bad bike but looking at the parts i don't know how it could of been 1800 bucks its only my opinion really but i have that exact model fast ace rear shock on one of my bikes and i find it to be crap but the other shocks by them i have heard to be good.

I haven't heard much about those fast ace front forks, but some people think there not the best but i wouldn't know because I've never used them. The engine is nothing special and that's along with the stock bars

the frame is good. My friend has one and its awesome. The bike will be awesome to build up with a new engine as you said and some good bars rear shock maybe front forks and it would be pretty damn good

and... I'm not here to start a world war 3 over a bike company but buzz bikes have a good reputation for ripping people off.

I'm not saying its a bad bike i just personally don't think the price is really what it should be.

because you could of got a dhz outlaw 160r for 1,750 with a 160 in it and allot better quality parts
or maybe another brand bike with good parts

I'm not here to tell you what to do I'm here to tell you whats best for the next time you go out choosing a bike.

And then again. the next time is still your choice at the end of the day.

this bike is a motovert outlaw pro

they were worth about 3500 brand new I think

there tuff but heavy providing it's the one i'm thinking about

it is second hand price is dear but you paid it so thats ok

a decent motor will make a bike of it

this bike is a motovert outlaw pro

they were worth about 3500 brand new I think

there tuff but heavy providing it's the one i'm thinking about

it is second hand price is dear but you paid it so thats ok

a decent motor will make a bike of it

yeah fair enough i should of remembered about the retail price haha i reckon new rear shock and engine would be awesome with 160ho

1800 for that!!! you gotta be kidding.. and now your about to spend 700 odd to get a new 160 put in it..

lol i got one of those frames, and i bought the whole bike for $100, obviously all the parts on it are different but still..
i can get a new frame/swinga like that for another 100...

should of just bought a psto/new motovert or lxr or done more research

1800 for that!!! you gotta be kidding.. and now your about to spend 700 odd to get a new 160 put in it..

lol i got one of those frames, and i bought the whole bike for $100, obviously all the parts on it are different but still..
i can get a new frame/swinga like that for another 100...

should of just bought a psto/new motovert or lxr or done more research

I'm glad someone said it

greg is a ok bloke but he does take advantage of the stupid and where he's located he gets alot of that

yeah fair enough i should of remembered about the retail price haha i reckon new rear shock and engine would be awesome with 160ho

thats what im saying the bike is new ( at the bike shop ) . the bike in the picture is my bike . it currently has a 140 cc engine in it . the bike shop is putting a brand new 160 ho in it cos he said he could do that. for 1990$ . its a mad bike. he has pit pros their an atomiks . this bike looks absoultely nothing like them. different frame altogether. for a 160 atomik he was asking bout 1300$ , i thought screw it ill get the same engine size but a better quility bike and heep better ergos. cant wait to get it an do a reveiw cos it doesnt appear u have these bikes in the states, its def not an atomick with a different stick kit lol

Its 12 - 12 wheels in a cramped crf50 style chassis ..

Its a wannabe midsize ..

It aint gonna have good ergo's compared to the rest of the midsize field ..

Dude, do yourself a favour !!!

Buy something else, you will be glad you did !!! There are much better bikes out there and some are even cheaper then your willing to pay for this !!!

I'd almost put my left nut on it that the frame is not billet !! it may have some "billet" bits on it but it's got a lot of cast bits on it that have been machined to make it look like its billet !! cut the frame in half and I bet it hollow !!! also whats really the point of a billet frame if it's welded together !!! it's then only as strong as the weld !!!

if they are AS03 forks which it looks like they are, they are crap !! if there AS02's then there a little better but still crap... Rear shock isn't to bad if setup right !!!

And 12" wheels Front and Rear is just wrong !!! I've never ridden a bike with 12/12" wheels that has handle even decently let alone good !!! I don't know why that is but it's just want I've found !!

You can even see that it should have a 14" front wheel cause the bike leans forward (is lower in the front...)

And just a personal thing is that crf50 plastics on a twin spar frame don't look right the plastics or to small....

I know some people drool over that frame but it's looks (to some) is all it's got !!! personally I think it looks like s#!t...

buy something like this !!!
DHZ OUTLAW 160R, LKI Sticker, New Release

It's a much better bike, cheaper, has much better ergos then the one your looking at and IMO looks way better !! DHZ are also awesome to deal with !!! you'll have no problems with after sales service etc.... BuzzBike's web site don't even work right !!!! LOL

You'll be glad you did I'm tellin ya !!!

Anyway's dude, ultimately it's your decision !!! The guys here are just trying to point you in a better direction...

I think you need to do some research. There is some good bikes out there for a realistic price and I got a feeling your jumping in without research and getting rorted.

ok well i went to a different bike shop today. an they had the new model motorvert 160 R their for sale 2,800$ their got on sale atm for 2,000$ . same price as the other bike. heeps better bike an a full mid sized bike. thats the bike i have bought . thank you all for enlightening me on making a better discision

awesome decision mate...

that is a race proven bike.

if the original bike you were looking at was around the 1100 mark then you would of been close to the mark... very out dated bike...

anyways have fun on your new bike and make sure you look after it because it will only without good maintenance like any bike it wont last long

Latest posts

Back