Snapped Fame !

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hahaahahahahah lol lucky wife lol NOT uno wat i find funny my mum hates bike wit a passion but she lent me $300 to get my dhz and now me lil bro and my 10 yr old bro are getting bike wtf hows dat work lol

Borrowing money? how do you afford to keep your VLT running?:p ;)

dude im 16 atm its all apart in the shed getting respray and all turbo gear put back on and shit like that im only doin it as i get money and nice and slow not rushing ill give u the link to it on calais turbo if u wanna see

dude im 16 atm its all apart in the shed getting respray and all turbo gear put back on and shit like that im only doin it as i get money and nice and slow not rushing ill give u the link to it on calais turbo if wanna see

what id do for a manual vs (i.r.s) manual...

ill get it 2moz man im offf 2 bed getting tired cya guys its a converted turbo man nuttin special in shed in pieces for respray its all undercoated atm just waiting for sum more $$$ to cum in that i dont spend on me dhz lol bye

DHZ Monster frame ......

yeh the orange one is the monster i think not 100% positive

Yes it is , but they do have very slight differences . The orange colour is a hell of a lot brighter and better looking than it appears in the pics on DHZ's listing.

1) They take a 12 mm swingarm pivot bolt - it's easy to fit 12 mm bearings into a stock DHZ swingarm but the stock spacers would need to be drilled out to 12 mm .

2) The stock 280 mm length rear shock (Fast Ace etc) will work OK .

3) The frames are slightly longer (5 mm) - the tank sits about 20 mm further forward - closer to the steering head . The seat height is 80 mm taller at the front which would give a heap more leg room .

4) The frames weigh 6.5 kg compared to the standard DHZ cradle frames which weigh 5 kg but they look to be STACKS stronger with their twin trellis rails .

5) They take 44 mm O/D steering bearings and they are best suited to the 700 mm Fast Ace AS-O2's or DNM's . The steering head is the same length as standard frames (160 mm) .

6) The cradle section is 5 mm thick versus 4 mm . There's a stack more welding all over the frame and the swingarm pivot bush is fully welded to the twin down tubes from both sides . :)

yea crazy thats what i think i aint bagging the frame in no way at all it was just shit happens lol

no drahmas i like the look of the new frames anyways so now the wife wont bitch coz lil zac will talk her round toeasy

Unfortunately it IS a design weakness in the frames !!!! I have 2 new DHZ twin "pipe" cradle frames that I bought 4 months apart . One is exactly the same as yours but the other one has what appears to be a length of flat bar (210 mm long x 20 mm wide x 5 mm thick) welded under the bottom tube from the rear down tube and along both sides to in front of where the top engine mount bracket bolts to . On closer inspection , I don't think it's solid bar but pressed out metal ...... LOL .... They haven't welded across the front of it as that would weaken the frame and cause a stress riser ....... defeating the purpose of having the gusset there in the first place .

The mount bracket holes drilled thru the frames severely weaken them - that's why they eliminated them on the "monster" frames ......... the "flat bar" gusset is an attempt to spread the stress over a larger area to prevent a tear from starting .......

Your frame can be easily repaired by pulling it back together using a looped chain attached to either side of a bolt thru the swingarm pivot and a piece of pipe placed thru the steering head with another length of chain attached to it . A screw tensioner attached between the two chains will pull things back together pretty easily ....... then the split can be welded up and maybe diamond gusseted both sides and the flat bar gusset tacked and welded in place under the bottom tube ..... just the same as how the manufacturers have done it ...

thanks jack was waiting for your imput
i'll go the first frame for zac and shall look into the orange frame for myself

cant see the point in fixing something that is a lil on the soft side so ill go new

im pretty sure the grey ones take the 700mm longer forks as well
might have to ask about it, it will change the way the bike feels too, so you might wanna ask zac about that as well, and it will also be higher so if he doesnt have any more leg length (sorry about the word use) then he might find it difficult to ride the bigger bike, all things you will have to determine

shitpics008.jpg

Looks like Zak needs to lay off the Mc Muffins lol iwas waiting to see a pic of these "Cromo" frame broken coz "Cromo" or recycled baked beans cans :D don't make good frames...

yes i have thought of leg lenght as the bike will sit a lil higher but he's growing so that should be ok

my biggest concern is the fork length i realy dont want to haVE to buy him new forks as well so if anybody knows for sure that the stock forks will fit that would be great

also i figured if the bike is to hard for him to ride ill swap it with mine so that should be ok

LOL hillz Mc maca's oi i dont expect much for the bucks i spend
but it's only his step up bike i wont let him ride a 125 till he gets this down pat

im just glad i didnt bomb 3,500 on a crappy lil bike that will only get him half way to were he needs to be

LOL hillz Mc maca's oi i dont expect much for the bucks i spend but it's only his step up bike i wont let him ride a 125 till he gets this down pat

you wouldnt want to fork out big bucks on a bike which you know he will flog as he is still learning!

well i emailed Ken

took him 6 mins to answer me WTF i want better servise than that (J/K)

he asures me that all of zacs bits will fit this frame
untitled-8.jpg

so im getting 1 for him to swap these bits over
PIC_0091.jpg

looks like it will be fun
zac said he'll do the fridge run for me to keep the fluids up

so now i got to pick a colour for it he has the dc red and white sticker kit for it and my bike is full of red bits .So i was going to spray his bike sky blue and then blue bits for his as we go along what ya recon ,havent told zac my plans yet but meh he's just a lil kid

oh and this is the frame im sending to flazz (promised he could have it when the time was up)
so times up here's ya fricken frame so stop bugging me hehehe J/K
shitpics001-2.jpg

and dont tell me to just swap bits to that frame for zac ,he dont want it he dont like it so what he says goes as he's just a lil kid ya no

Last edited:
oh and this is the frame im sending to flazz (promised he could have it when the time was up)
so times up here's ya fricken frame so stop bugging me hehehe J/K

and dont tell me to just swap bits to that frame for zac ,he dont want it he dont like it so what he says goes as he's just a lil kid ya no

Stop bugging you? Ahahha I sent you about 2 PM's and said I would wait untill you have it, haha I know its a joke.

Putting the parts on that frame would change the shape of the bike, and you would have several problems anyway.

I think the one for 130 would deffinately be the best option as it would keep the shape of the bike.

Oh and changing frames is lots of fun! :D Ive done it 4 times.

The frame broke mainly because of a design fault ...... they altered the original SDG design (which has a welded bracket gussetting that area) . They removed the gusset along with the welds and went to a bolt on top bracket when they fitted the cradle ...... obviously assuming the cradle would take the weight of the engine and rider off the back bone and concentrate it onto the down tube . Whenever you drill holes thru something you weaken it due to loss of section .

The Honda design was crap in the first place ....... designed for casual smooth road riding ....... from an engineering stand point , hanging the engine and rider off two mounts at the rear is a ridiculous idea for a dirt bike ... LOL ...

Even WITH a cradle ..... the top mount and engine cases are still copping most of the shock of impacts ... metals have a certain amount of elasticity that only people in the metal fabrication trades will properly understand .

The frame weakness has been rectified in current models ........ but as everyone knows ...... you can't expect a lot for the price paid ....... and the frames are cheap and easy to replace . The main safety factor with ANY design is that it doesn't suffer from sudden TOTAL catastrophic failure as in the Motovert frame snap incident .......

Good designs give warning as in ....... they start to bend first and still hang together when they DO fail ...... look at how many chromoly chassised drag cars suddenly let go ....... snapping in half in a split second and totally destroying a mega buck car .... not to mention injuring the driver .........

jack exelent post as usual and very imformative

i totaly agree and was very happy to see the way it broke and didnt colapse as that would have been very bad

am impressed with the break tho it broke but broke safely

ken just emailed me again told me he would send me the frame for 100 bucks posted

awsome so zac an i are doing a bike build this weekend

Latest posts

Back