Snorkel Problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
Hi so i put on a snorkel on my dhz 140 but when i tested it out it ran fine but once i hit high revs it konked out starved of air. Is there away of fixing this like diff jets( i run a oko 26mm will #96 main and slow jet #36. Or is it the air screw or maybe the needle position. Coz i really dont wanna have to get i different tube coz i cant find any that has the right bend

Thanks Dunny

try moving the needle clip up to the top notch to see if it runs better, if not solved try a smaller main jet

what do you mean by snorkel? and if its what i think it is maybe at high rpms its sucking the snorkel closed and choking the engine...

i doubt it would be sucking it as its pretty tuff stuff and i put a metal ring around where the filter connect

what do u think a good main jet would be?

also when i had it in neutral i went full throttle and it was shooting flames which it has never done

mate shoot a pic up on here so we know what we are dealing with...

and when you say tuff stuff, what is it made of? is it like radiator hose?

is it shooting flames under acceleration or on deceleration?

its like this but it goes smaller towards the end of the pipe

20080205-IMG_1322.jpg

this isnt my bike just one i found and its when its accelerating

yep exactly as i thought.. radiator hose... it will be sucking it closed for sure..
best thing you could do is find a radiator hose that uses the inner spring to stop the hose from collapsing.

seen this problem many times..

fakes, copies & imitations are never as good. The genuine "Hillz Snorkel kit" is the only way with special wire bound hose & super sticky water proof race tape.

1vac.jpg

1gaffa.jpg

see your local distributor for prices & a free demonstration!

mate use a vaccum hose and make sure you find a big one, a vaccum hose shouldnt collapse

If the hose is colapsing you see it when you rev it out in neutral. If it does just just get a coathanger and wrap it around a broomstick to make a spring, and just untwist it up to the size of the inside of your hose

If the hose is colapsing you see it when you rev it out in neutral. If it does just just get a coathanger and wrap it around a broomstick to make a spring, and just untwist it up to the size of the inside of your hose

the **** people think of good idea but i think its too small of a pipe anyway so im going to get the vacuum hose but ill use the spring in it

thanks

Latest posts

Back