so.. your into RC's huh....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a HPI FireStorm Flux? If so wanna tell me about it..Ive been doing a fair bit of research and i think thats what i might get....???
pleasee...

The thing with 2wd's I have found is that the handling goes out the window..

being brushless as well, its going to have a far bit of power and is going to end up all over the shop.. Is it going to be a basher? might also get stuck of sticks and stuff..

I would go for an e-revo or something more like a monster truck.. or a nitro buggy, I have always been a fan of nitro buggies and cars, I refer the smell and the noise to a electric buzzing bee kind of sound..

I have a Thunder Tiger EB4.. best money I have ever spent on an RC.. Option of .21 and .28 motors, Mine is the .21 which is very strong, my buggy has been though a lot and it still pulls out on top, jump it as high as you want, flat land, everything, only thing I have upgraded is the tyres to a more chunky set as the std go bald quick, I paid $500 bucks for mine. My mate has a GV nitro buggy, same size engine, but sh!t quality.. I leaned out his car a hell of a lot and mine was still running a healthy rich air mix, and it few past it like it was standing still in a small drag race..

The thing with 2wd's I have found is that the handling goes out the window..

being brushless as well, its going to have a far bit of power and is going to end up all over the shop.. Is it going to be a basher? might also get stuck of sticks and stuff..

I would go for an e-revo or something more like a monster truck.. or a nitro buggy, I have always been a fan of nitro buggies and cars, I refer the smell and the noise to a electric buzzing bee kind of sound..

I have a Thunder Tiger EB4.. best money I have ever spent on an RC.. Option of .21 and .28 motors, Mine is the .21 which is very strong, my buggy has been though a lot and it still pulls out on top, jump it as high as you want, flat land, everything, only thing I have upgraded is the tyres to a more chunky set as the std go bald quick, I paid $500 bucks for mine. My mate has a GV nitro buggy, same size engine, but sh!t quality.. I leaned out his car a hell of a lot and mine was still running a healthy rich air mix, and it few past it like it was standing still in a small drag race..

yehh thanks mate for opion, always good to listen to what people have to say..
Yeh its gonna be a bush buggy for sure, thats part of the reason why im looking at it, it is as strong as all hell, nothing seems to break them, they go well with all kinds of terain, and have the HPI reliablity and quality..
Im staying away from nitro's this time (i think) as i have had 3 nitros a 1/5 scale and 2 on road 1/10 scales.
Im sick of mucking around with them, dont get me wrong, when they are good there bloody awesome!! but i think that i am going to go for a (hopefully) reliable little buggy that can take just about anything, and the new brushless motors they reken that they are just about maitnes free!!!!!
Of course i will still be checkintg everything and cleaning it after every use but i think i might stick with the electric for this time???
Another reason i have choosen to go with the FireStorm Flux is the incredible brushless motor that it has. I think i will be going with a Lipo 7.4 volt batttery to give it just that little bit more power and performence.....

Anyone recommend another brushless of same type, that they believe is better?

i have got 1 of those cheep nasty atomic nitro warhead things of eaby.
i broughet it in march and used it for 40 mim. does any 1 no were i can get a
new gearbox :(

these are my two, and they are for sale if anyone wants to make me an offer.
this savage has twin LRP race motors and twin disc brake and heaps more
RCcars019.jpg
RCcars015.jpg

and a Revo with a race O.S motor that flys
check out the shock system on this thing
RCcars018.jpg
RCcars004.jpg

lol my dog tries 2 rip up my rc car but it is 2 quick 4 him,anyways i have 3 rc cars i got 2 get some pics 4 use.

My Fleet

Like others have said RC can be expensive. My DF-03 car has cost me more than restoring one of my ATC70's

I prefer electric cars as they upset the neighbors less and they are almost zero maintenance and with the big capacity batteries and fast chargers they can give almost continuous running

I would love a 1/8 or 1/5 nitro car but dont really have anywhere to run it

Here's my list

Tamiya DF-03 Keen Hawk

Mamba Max brushless motor
2.4 ghz radio
Many alloy suspension parts
Lots of busted parts from jumps like this

IMG_0777sm.jpg

Tamiya TamTec Mini Fox

Sports motor
Full Ball Bearing Kit
Upgraded oil shocks
Bumper Kit

IMG_0781sm.jpg

Tamiya M-03 Mini

Monte Carlo Race Body
Full Ball Bearing Kit
Sports Motor
Alloy shocks
Big Off Road Wheels

Tamiya Blazing Star

Fully upgraded to Top Force spec including,
full carbon fibre chassis
full ball bearings
turnbuckle suspension

IMG_0623sm.jpg

IMG_0622sm.jpg

Tamiya Super Astute (Vintage)

Looking for top body shell

IMG_0622sm.jpg

Size Comparison

IMG_0783sm.jpg

Last edited:
more pics of the mo3 :) mine was runnin a modded 11x2 in the end.. :lol: alloys, sways, alloy knuckles, rear toe, so should of put TL arms on it and rallyed it but! pics in first page i think ;)

at the moment i have a losi strike, brushless e revo, savage x ss and an hpi e10. i used to also have a jato, rs4 and revo 3.3 but i sold them. ontop of cars ive owned about 10 different rc helicopters but i got out of that because i couldnt handle the precision involved, i just love being able to pull a car out and thrash it. i will throw some pictures of my collection up when i find my camera

the trucl is Oh so sweeeet!!! custom chassis? peek under the sheet metal!?

I know there are more of you out there with RC's(looking at you sheepy and firstimer...) Show ya selfs!!!

couple more of the 'savs'...

will try and hunt out a video from a bash session...

27022008567.jpg

27022008569.jpg

27022008566.jpg

27022008573.jpg

Hi i used to have a savage a few year back, they are great for jumps and flips.
mine had a roll cage which saved me lots of $$$$ in repair.
its highly recommended.
But now i have moved on to 1/5th scales with 2 stoke 23cc-30cc engine, cost of running the nitros are too high.
i will find a few pics of my 1/5th scale and post it up for u guys to have a look.

p.s. i still miss my savage though gr8 truck.

Last edited:
My FG 1/5th scale

here are my 1/5th scale MT Brand is FG, from germany.
hydrobrakes-1-1.jpg

hydrobrakes-6-1.jpg

here is a pic of the hydro brake
hydrobrakes-13.jpg

and here is my 4x4 MT comp.

4wdfg-1.jpg

2nd-1.jpg

hope the pics worked
Enjoy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back