somthing's not right

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minibiker05

Reaction score
ok so i put my engine back together and it had no spark so i tested the voltage coming out of the red and black wires coming off the stator and it was only reading 1.4v when i was kicking it over i think its supposed to by 12v so i got another stator and it is still the same ive tryed swapping cdi's, coils, plugs, coil leads and still nothing this is really anoying considering i just spent over a grand on the bike and i carnt even ride it plz someone with more knowledge than me plz lend me a hand cheers Mitch AKA minibiker05

dunno if you need 12v and i dont think they are

have you got it all set up and are you getting spark at the plug

Blue to red?
Green to Green?
Black gets earthed. Have you tried it with kill switch not connected to make sure its not faulty?
Tried with a new plug or 3? New plugs can be faulty

there is plenty of info on this forum to show you how to test the stator properly.. checking for voltage output isnt one of them.. the amount of voltage output depends on how fast the engine is turning over..

look in the tech section...

and like i said in your other thread, these stators/cdi's have an awesome life...

now im going to guess that before you assembled your engine it was all running.. ie.. had spark..
but now it hasn't...

check for broken wires. stuffed kill switch etc

damo i must have differnt wires ive got green w stripe to green w stripe and black to black and red to red ive tryed 4 diff plugs even took the one from a running bike

sean it was working before i pulled it down and ive just tested the loom and cdi's and did an ohms test on the stators and both were the same so idk

ok here they are:

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0810.jpg

IMG_0811.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

hope thats what you needed

no wonder you dont have spark it's not on the bike??? :)

terry may be right pink to blue

i'll have to check them tonight against mine

IDK if they were connected before if that's what needs to be done ill check this arvo just seams weird to connect two different colours and I sware to god if it fixes it ill roundhouse kick myself

Latest posts

Back