sparkplug decompression(has got a point)

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byh0005

Reaction score
not sure where to put this thread (mods if its in the wrong section feel free to move it) and yes it does have a point but has anyone had any experience with the spark plug type decompression systems cant remember where i seen it but it look like a sort of valve thing that goes on the spark between it and the head and opens a valve when you push the button im considering getting one if they work
just found it again
http://www.tboltusa.com/store/ez-de-comp-by-frd-brfits-all-pit-bikes-p-1304.html

Last edited:
there only needed on hi comp and 140+ engines...

post some proper information up regarding this item theres a few out there at the moment...(pics,links,etc)
this has been spoken about alot of times on here but there is no dedicated thread towards it...

yeah iv heard good and bad about them...
they take a special spark plug so you cant just go down the road get what you normally would.

there is another option which is the same as SAGAONE has just fitted to his yx build..
0593.JPG

so which kinds is better or are they about the same

both be same concept ..

1 you can swap it over on any bike you want but have to use the special spark plugs.

2 you can run normal plugs , but have to get your head machined for it to fit , and can only use it on 1 head.

The spark plug is worth $11US ... the decompressor valve is worth around $20 US ... so you're basically paying $108 US for that little piece of aluminium ... The guy who makes them reasons that it can save you for the cost of kicker gears , a right side case half , plus the labour time and cost to do the repair ... Note that the decompressor valve allows dirt , water and crap to be sucked into the cylinder thru the hole in the valve ... so you should avoid starting a motor (that you value) in wet , muddy or dusty conditions ...

A bottle of panadol can stop a headache and allow you to get a good nights sleep ... and that in turn allows you to front up to work the next day ... which in turn allows you to earn a days wage ... so how would you feel if the chemist charged you over $100 for a bottle of headache tablets using the same logics as FRD ? ...

IMO the decompressors are waaaaay over priced unless you REALLY need ONE ...

^^^^ exactly how i feel on about them...
i would much rather get a decomp cam as you get an aftermarket cam profile and decomp for roughly the same money and dont have to worry about dirt and sht getting sucked in the decomp mech...

pitser pro oz on ebay has these cams at a lower price now. pretty sure it was $125 plus post, so do the maths..which is worth the coin and which is a rip off...

on a side note if i was to purchase a manual decomp then it would be the TB one tht requires head machining, it looks nicer and actually looks like its worth the money.

Latest posts

Back