Splitting the case

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chickenwingz

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've dismantled the engine from the frame on my pitster pro x4r and was wondering where do i start off with splitting the case, i've got to install a new kick start shaft so help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

the clutch cover needs to come off, then the clutch and related parts
the cam chain, the head and barrel need to come off too.
i have split a couple of lifans, i didn't need to remove the flywheel etc

but take pics as you go, they will help you to reassemble the engine

here is a link to splitting a YX motor, basically the same
http://www.scribd.com/doc/45909077/yx140-engine-split

is it a 155z ? iv split mine so many times mate..its pretty simple if you have abit of mechanical knowledge..

wait, do you actually need to split the cases to do that? I haven't split a china case yet but all the others I have done (except for my XR600) it will just pull out from the clutch side. What is your engine?

both my 155z an yx 160 had to be fully split centre case an all to remove my kickstart..

I have an 155 zongshen too, just take off head,cylinder and all clutch side stuff. Ignition side stuff can stay. I personally recommend having a big table to work on, put some paper on the table and put all bolts and stuff next to each related part, make a logical system, so you will remember how it was before, maybe even take pictures before deassembly :)

yep big table with a sheet over.(sshhh dont let mum find out)
i didnt take any pics the first time an then regreted it later.. iv done it so many times now it only takes me about 2-3 hours to do a full tear down..

Don't forget copper ring gasket between cylinder head and flame pipe, with the old one if you don't get it into right position it will start taking extra air and you wonder why all those bangs from exhaust and sloppy running.

i never even use a clutch nut tool.. if its really that tight just hit it with a flat head screw driver an a hammer an it will come loose.. yeah all you will need other wise is a 8mm n 10mm socket set an dont foirget the two 8mm botls that go down the side of the head from the timing sprocket cover or you will never get your head off..lol

Hehe yeah sorry for my sloppy english :) In estonian we indeed call it leegitoru which in straight translation is flamepipe.

:thumbup:, well it does carry the flames out of the motor.

^^ never cease's to amaze me!
Unless you jag'd that they actually call it that there, in which well done also! :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back