Splitting the case

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, should I also change the shift drum? Or just leave it and take the chipped bits off?

Got the bike back together a few days ago and everything is running fine, starts up 1st kick everytime :). looking for a new set of bars, are these suitable for a klx 110 style bike? IMAG0483.jpg also why has the forum been down the last few days :(?

i would be getting a new shift drum for that one mate.. dont want that pin falling into a moving engine.. i have a yx 160 shift drum if thats any use to you mate il donate it to ya

should be mate i have a 155z with a few other yx parts on it so i dont see why not.. where in oz u located all i need is postage paid an its your mate.. no doubt someone on here will comment an let us know if they are interchangable..

il have to set up a paypal account an go post office see what postage will cost an let ya know mate.

no dramas man
parts i dont need to be lugging around when i move anyways

Should I change out the whole shift drum or just the star and retainer plate with the screw?

You should replace whatever is warn unless it is something you can get to when the cases are assembled (eg shift star)

Yeah its behind the clutch (you do mean the shift star with the roller arm that holds the bike in gear yeah?)

I just received a 14mm kick starter from dhz, it slips on fine without the bolt and when i put the bolt in and start screwing it starts pushing the kick starter out? i believe the bolt is eating the shaft while screwing in.

can you post a pic looking in through the kickstarters bolt hole,
with the new kickstarter lever sitting on the shaft.

the bolt hole needs to line up centrally on the curved cutout of the kickstart shaft.

Last edited:
I got it on, is it meant to hit the peg when I kick it over?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

can you move the top of it further forward ?
you'll have to take it back off the splines and move the top around a few more splines

they travel pretty far around when you kick them over,
a few bikes i've had have hit the kickstart lever on the peg mounts.

all good,
you better post up a pic of the new kickstart lever all fitted up now too.

Latest posts

Back