Splitting the case

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your saying its jammed in the crankcase yeah? that means you need to pull your flywheel off and have a look (its behind the stator plate)

how did you end up putting the springs on?
Im sorry to hear all the bs your having go wrong/ frustration remember next time it will be a piece of pie

you need to have the spring under load when its put back.

Back open the engine goes!, also the bikes not switching gears, i returned everything just like it was in the photo before i started taking things out, anyway ill take a photo of the insides later today.

Last edited:
the gearbox should drop in nice and easy, make sure its in neutral and check for endplay and whatnot

yeah make sure its in neutral man or it wont work right when you put it back together
took me afew tries the first time too..

I just opened it up, the gear shaft transfers motion to the shiftdrum but it doesn't move.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fixed this! gears are switching now, problem was the jammed cam chain! just gotta redo the kick start spring and i should be good.

its tricky.. i found pliers and the kick start on the shaft for leverage was the best way..

Does it matter if the top of the shift drum is half broken? the gear shift fork still holds onto the drum like normal.

I'll have some tomorrow, also where can i get a cheap 14mm kick start lever? And is the stock brake fluid in the rear brakes decent or should i get it swapped out because my back brakes just lock up.

Last edited:
the end retainer plate on the shift drum could be easily taken off, and dollied up flat again.
it is hard to say if it will foul and bind up, but there is a chance ?

personally i would be more worried about the damage that has been done to your kickstart gears !!
eg the chips in the kickstart driven gear(behind the clutch), and the wear in the teeth of middle/idler gear'
i think you should buy a new set very soon, just incase ?

should i just take the chipped piece off just encase it breaks of and gets caught in the gears? Also could you please link me to a new set of gears?

Last edited:
it also looks like there is some wear on your gearbox shaft/gears and bearings too.
there seems to be a gap from the outer edge of the bearing to the casing?
this will allow the gearboxs' gears to move in and out a little on the shaft, and may wear things out over time.

if you pull on the clutch basket, away from the casing, then push it back towards the case, can you see the shaft move in and out ?

Latest posts

Back