Splitting the case

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
progress update 2:
opened the engine and removed the kick start gear after 45 minutes of stuffing after with a oily cir-clip now i put the kick start gear on the new kick starter, got the 2 halves and the gear shift shaft/fork and the new kick starter in place on the clutch side but i got no idea how it goes on the magneto side, can anyone help with that? also what does the gear shift fork hold onto?

the forks slip over the recesses on the 2x gears,

then the shafts sit in and go through the 2x bearings

don't you just kind of turn it in, eg; do it while it's under preload
sometimes a large flat bladed screwdriver will help, by giving you the leverage required.

when pulling the cases apart, try to get the gasket to sat on one side, you may be lucky and be able to use it agin. if not gaskets are pretty cheap to buy anyways.

I got a spare gasket kit from when i done my top end, so far i have understood that i gotta get the kick starter spring in place, put the case together, put the gear fork in, put back the kick starter gear with the cir-clip and then do the clutch, is this right?

Last edited:
yeah, it's the reverse of what you did to pull it apart

does the spring go this way? IMAG0436.jpg or that way? IMAG0437.jpg*ignore the 3rd img*

Attachments

• IMAG0434.jpg
    IMAG0434.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
just bend it flat, its to stop the gear selector from coming off the drum
edit, on second look i dont see why it has to be flat as it does not hold much other than the drum on

sorry mate not off the top of my head, been lucky and not had to split a case in like 2 years

cant you refer to the pics you took before pulling it apart?

I couldn't take a photo of the bottom of the kick starter as it came out when I split the case.

I've done that and it's still jammed, even hit it with a screwdriver and hammer and its still not coming out.

Latest posts

Back