Splitting the case

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anything i should look out for when re-assembling the engine?, do i need to re-adjust the valves?

shouldnt if it ran fine before. the kick start spring can be tricky.

Is there anything i should look out for when re-assembling the engine?, do i need to re-adjust the valves?
after re-assembly turn the engine over by hand and dont force it to make sure you have the timing right..
then thats it you can re-adjust the valves while the engine is on the bench also because you may aswell..

Is the clutch nut meant to be very tight?
i would do it nice and snug, and then tight it really does not matter that much but when they come loose you need to go in there and tighten them again

tightness affects the operation of a centrifugal clutch not these manual ones much

ya prolly need to put a screwdriver dead flat into your clutch bell gear to stop it turning so the shock is transfered without any baffle of movement

i got the mechanism jammed up already, i put a bar through the head studs to stop the piston from moving.

i undone the oil slinger and took the spring retainer off, the clutch nut on the clutch basket just keeps turning without undoing anything.

you will need to jamb a rag in between the gears on the back of the clutch and the crank gear, to lock the motor up first.
using a screwdriver or other to do the same job might chip a gear or damage it...

if its cracked and not moving anywhere then try to pull it off, or split it in half with a screwdriver and alot of force because the threads are stuffed hopefully on the nut itself you will have to replace it

yeah if its spinning doing nothing may aswell try
lets just hope its not the shafts threads that are buggered

something wierd just happened, i started hitting it with a screwdriver and hammer coz i was out of ideas and the nut had resistance and unlocked and fortunately the threads are perfect, i got the whole clutch basket off, what do i do from here? (a picture would help alot as i don't know the name of any parts from here)

Post up a pic, there is a kicker gear held on by a circlip remove that.. post a pic and i can highlight stuff for ya if you dont know the part names

the gear above the kickstart needs to come off, undo the circlip and slide it off.

now remove the sprocket/retainer off the driveshaft other side of motor,
and above that there is a rubber plug, take that out and undo the bolt holding the shift drum to the case.
once this is done, the cases should be able to be pryed apart carefully.

Latest posts

Back