SSR 125 budget bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your carby problem's sound's like the pilot jet is blocked, or that the pilot jet circuit is blocked.
Might just need to be stripped down and blown out with compressed air.
Check the hole's through and across the jet are all open and not gummed up, also check the hole at the bottom of the thread's where the jet screw's into is open.
Might be dirt in the needle and seat too.

This carby look's like your's, i'm not 100% sure though
PZ-27 27mm carburetor with hand choke.

4Stroke_Carb_PZ27_HandChoke_logo.jpg

Be aware riding in sandy conditions that you use a quality and well oiled air filter .. sand may of made its way through to carby .. As l find riding in these conditions l drain regularly and blow out with compressed air.

As far as your rear end ,they all seem to ride harsh without a linkage set up..

Agreed ^^, toss that mesh filter and replace it with an oiled foam filter like the Uni Filter

Yeah l cringe when l see a mesh filter.. l bought a 110 quad of a friend a while back. It genuinely had only been ridden for 1.5 hours on a grass paddock. When l took over the quad l had carby problems and removed half a tea spoon of sand from the carby intake .. Women's stockings would of done a better job..

Yeah, the first thing I thought was something might have blocked the pilot, so I disassembled the carb and cleaned everything, even used some small wire through the pilot. Didn't make any difference. I'm concerned that the float may be allowing too much fuel into the carb and causing some problems. It's really strange, because it acts exactly like a restricted pilot circuit. Is it possible it isn't clean enough?

When you cleaned the pilot, did you blow compressed air in through the pilot circuit port on the air filter side of the carby?
You also need to remove the mixture screw when you do it as well

Yup, I did removed every possible removable part and soaked the whole carb and jets in cleaner, then went through the jets with wire, rinsed it all off with carb cleaner, then finished it all off with compressed air, same as when I first restored it early last year. I'm sure there's something in there, I'm just worried that I'm chasing my tail here since I know that the gaskets and o-rings are old. Also it's still missing that tiny little washer that goes with the air screw spring and o-ring.

Latest posts

Back