Ssr build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honda998

Reaction score
So a guy owed me some money and has been hesitant to re pay me so as partial payment I took his ssr off his hands which is gonna be a build from scratch type job lol the frame is pretty solid dosnt seem to be tweaked or cracked anywhere other then then going to need a lot of help on what's going to fit it , I want to upgrade the forks on it to zokes if I can find a decent used set or the fast Ace ones I seen , this bike is going to be for my gf it has a 140 motor with it that has compression but missing stator cover and all the wiring is hacked up so may just sell the motor and buy a lifan 150 or something I like the motors with removable oil filters also the rear shock on it is way to small as you can tell by the picture how do I figure out proper length shock I need I made a list of part I need if anyone reads this and has them and would be willing to ship to Canada I will gladly cover shipping thanks guys

Parts needed

Front adjustable fork with clamps
Rear shock
Motor 140-150 complete wiring carb
10 inch rear rim
12 inch front rim
etc
3a5eququ.jpg
jedy6a6u.jpg

ze3yzy9e.jpg
4epazuhy.jpg

Got some work done one the ssr sandblasted the frame and triple clamps and primed the frame last night and started the triple clamps going to start painting the frame tonight

looking good so far.

how much was the sandblasting worth over there ?
it would have been at least $45 here

I did it at my work so free lol I'm a tool and die /protyper for Ford gm and honda

I do all my own work at our shop cnc milling etc

Yea has a lot of perks I'm going to be using the cnc to make my own triple clamps for my lxr eventually also going to making my own bash plates and hubs

unazymut.jpg

Got a little more done today hoping to have subframe and rear swing arm on my end of night be glad to hear what people think so far this is my first 50 buikd

Thank not bad for a spray can job it's the gf first bike so not dumping to much into it

Well it's not that cheap I have to buy my material but other then that it's free lol

It's 1130 pm here in Canada and I just drove a hour to go pick up a gold chain and 2 new rims running a 12/10 combo also need a rear shock but don't know what length I need I'm running a mx style swinger

padabeva.jpg

Picked up this carb for free today are they any good compared to the mukuni vm 26 I have which I think is actual fake even though is say mukuni on it

the Molkts are a bit hit and miss,
the copy Mikuni would be better, but are harder to adjust with the mixture screw being underneath at the front
is it the one with the choke butterfly ?

Okay so which one would you suggest to keep as I have a guy coming to buy my old 140 motor and I don't want to give him the better carb

What do yiu guys think of the lifan 140 it came with this bike it needs a new stator and wiring loom so my buddy is grabbing one of those cheap ebay irk kits from his work the same ones that you see on ebay do they actually do anything ? Also they come with a little red box which is the cdi I believe so does it delete all the old wiring ?

they are junk, tell him not to bother
you should be able to find a new stator kit with flywheels etc for about $30
a new loom would cost you under $10

if you want better performance than stock, then buy an adjustable Lifan 150/Daytona style outer rotor kit, they sell for $65 here atm.

Latest posts

Back