Ssr build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you could always do the engine silver or gunmetal grey ?

i don't mind the look of it with the 14/12's
i like the white frame, my Fuses' frame is white too.

I don't like the 14/12 I think the 14 makes the front fender look way to small I would run 12/12 but I really want 12/10

is that Duplicolor Candy paint you have used ?
same as Gottagetacheaperhobby has used on his sons bike build

yeah that's the same one we have here too.
it looks pretty good for what it is
but i don't like their yellow/gold

Yea if you do it right it almost looks like the real thing I'm going to be doing my rear hub tomorrow

are4a3uq.jpg

Started working on my rear 10 inch hub today

Before
sudusese.jpg

After (just waiting for them to dry)
epy2ure5.jpg

Yea I'm pretty proud of this build saved my self 400 bucks for rims patience is the key which I have very little of so this has been hard lol but it will look awesome when it's done

Top work bud.

Coming along very nicely.

You going to true the wheel yourself?

Yea I've been building and lacing my own wheels since I started racing my dad always told me you don't have the luxury 9 having a factory team behind you so you should know how to do it yourself

Can you explain your method of doing it?

Man I tried but it was such a pain in the butt. Ended up taking mine into a mountain bike shop and they did it on there jig.

I have a jig to but I have done it on the bike before I tape two cards on the swing arms and spin the wheel and look for wobble from side to side you want the cards to sound like you did when you were a kid and put them in your spokes on a peddle bike , if it's not a consistent sound all the way around unloosen the spokes and start with your inside spokes 1/4 turn each , I learned of YouTube myself and my dad helped a bit but really didn't get the hang of it till I went to school for my motorcycle mechanics license once you do it you can do it with your eyes closed

i learnt to spoke wheels 21 years ago, i used to work at a bike/wheelchair shop in the city
i had to assemble all the wheel chair wheels, by the end of the day my fingertips caned, and after a week of doing it i had callused fingertips too.
not a fun job.

you can clamp the axle into a vise and have something sticking out almost touching the rim,
then spin it to check it is true etc
it's not that hard to learn

Latest posts

Back