Stunter in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^yeah the bar clamps are genuine, but i'm still sus on the actual triples themselves... thumpstar ones are bigger, triangular shaped, and mount the forks further forwards... Plus that front brake rotor is all wrong for a thumpstar... should be a bigger diameter round rotor, not an offset wave rotor...
this one is starting to confuse me.. ha ha...

This is what a thumpstar frame should look like... sorry it's massive, but i figured it would be easier to compare this way... see how the top of the backbone has massive box section bracing?? Keyswitch mount underneath the headstem on the right hand side, as well as the ones on the upper engine mounts... Battery box on the right hand side, (which yours has)...
Dont have any pics of the thumpstar triple clamps, so will try and get some up later.
Picture036.jpg

Sooooo thump are you selling that ???????

Whats the deal with the upper shock mount.... are they all like that to get a little more height to the bac?

lol hey woggy-tracks... was wondering why a noob was posting all over the place... Hillz was taking the frame, dont know if he still wants it now though... may have to ask him. ha ha..
the rear mount on mine is a highly technimical custom job.. ha ha ha.. i moved the mount back down the frame 40mm, balances it out really well, and effectively stiffens the rear shock quite a bit...
totally worth doing if you have an 04 thumpy...

*UPDATE*

well i bought a dhz 110 for 400 bucks, originally i was gonna use the engine for the thumpstar and sell that roller.....

well the dhz was in mint condition and i thought i cant sell this, so im keeping the dhz and building that instead

the thumpstar roller will be sold but first i got a mate that may be interested if he dont want it then i will put it on here for sale or will part it out it all depends.

well heres a pic of the dhz....

PC180101.jpg

the frame colour bored so i painted it

PC190100-1.jpg

lol, snot green is a good look... heh heh, nice work PBK...
what else you got planned for it?
If you say Monster sticker kit to match the green frame, i'll ban your ass... ;)

well i was thinking of monster you know not the old ones but a new one lol

nah you wouldnt see m with monster it would of turned a peice of art to a peice of poo....

frame does look a lot lighter in pics due to flash

also i went gren cos it looks wicked with black and no one else does it....its usually a red theme or some gay poofter yellow theme hehe

im also painting bar clamps same green

heres a pic of the graphics on plastics im gonna use for it..... pics are from a guy on PM

IMG_7507.jpg

IMG_7506.jpg

that looks awesome... love the green plastics with that sticker kit.. nice work (y)

how does the dhz go?

the dhz is one of the funnest bikes to ride.... its got enough power to have fun on, esy to get around the corners quick...

havent found any faults with it yet

Mate, there is absolutely nothing wrong with poofter yellow themes on bikes... the voting speaks for itself... it always comes second... ha ha ha ha...
But yeah, gotta agree, the green frame, black parts and green plastics with the sikfiddy graphics look pretty sweet... am looking forward to seeing the whole thing bolted up...

gonna be sweet mate... :)

ps: epic lolz at the TimeOut chair in the corner... need one of them for the missus.. :D

hahaha

*Update*

got the bike together now so heres some pics........

you wont be seeing the sik 50s and lime green it for a little while as im saving for my next bike more than likely a TTR roller from medina

PC200101.jpg

PC200102.jpg

PC200103.jpg

nice, looking better all ready, the new plastics are gonna be sweet

thanks rip

heres a vid of a little wheelie......im a just over 6 foot lank and fit on it fine if people wonder

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XdhGDbvyVk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5XdhGDbvyVk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Great little bike aren't they mate, heaps of fun to ride I enjoy riding mine more than the Pitster. One thing though is keep an eye on that frame as they are prone to start choppering out after awhile, mine hasn't yet but a few people i know have had their frames bend.

ok well heres an updated pic of it... yes its dark but will get some good ones tomoz this just to keep you all interested

P1170120.jpg

sweet looking bike dude...

oh and i just noticed your vid...

have you tried to ride the rear brake while doing wheelies? stops the bike from peaking its revs out and makes the wheelie last longer....

sweet looking bike dude...

oh and i just noticed your vid...

have you tried to ride the rear brake while doing wheelies? stops the bike from peaking its revs out and makes the wheelie last longer....

yes i have tied and it just dosent work with me :p

but i need to sell the current drum brake wheel i have (forgot to check if it was 12 or 15mm when i bought and i got 12mm) and i will get the one from dhz and setup a rear hadbrake which should be easier

Latest posts

Back