Stunter in the works

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbk

Reaction score
well some of you may remember a cople of months back i was looking for a crf50 A style swinger frame to build a mini.

I bought this thumpstar (genuine) roller off ebay for 200 bucks and im going to tun it into a stunter, hopefully a stunter under 600 bucks.

My plans are: paint swinger black
paint frame lime green
lifan 110cc semi auto for donk
10 inch drum brake rear wheel
setup a hand brake for rear brakes
12 o clock stunt bar
pegs (from old pushy)

if anyone has any seuggestions or has any of the above parts shoot us pm or post in here

here are a couple of pics of what i got for 200 bucks
the pics are from the ebay listing

t3.jpg

t2.jpg

t1.jpg

tell us what you think about.

as soon as i get will be cleaning it and hopefully getting ti ready to paint, i will probly just do the paint myself just get some spray paint but firs i will sand it and use a primer

nice roller i would liked to see it finshed and good luck building it

lol harry, that's how the OG Thumpstars looked... sat real low in the ass... but you could chuck em round like a frisbee or a skinny girlfriend, and the extended frame near the headstem gave them good ergos, for a small mini...
shame the motor is missing, those old FYM motors were bulletproof... obviously that one wasnt, but for 110 or 125 three speed slushies, they offered a hell of a lot of bang for your buck compared to the manual offerings you see nowadays.... ahhh, back when i was a lad.. ha ha ha...
mate if your looking at stunting it, get it to take up smoking...
oh wait, wrong sort of stunting...
perhaps upgrade the footbeg bar, the stock ones bend pretty easy on the Thumpstars, and perhaps a wheelie bar...
Give Hillz a reach around, he'll be able to steer you in the right direction to make a good stunter...

it has that chopper look to it
front high back low and the forks look like there sticking out

yer it does look a tad choppered i was thinking of maybe a 10 inch wheel on the front to fix it....

what do you mean by the foks sticking out5

Looks like a Good Start! Will be cool to see what you do with it :D Keep us Updated

PM Sent about a few Parts!

yer it does look a tad choppered i was thinking of maybe a 10 inch wheel on the front to fix it....

what do you mean by the foks sticking out5

they look like there on an angle

oh i don't see thumpstars alot i only see jumpstars ,atomiks ,pitpros

were the thumpstar's good and they don't anymore right
one of my cosins have one i haven't seen it tho

yes they were the BOMB back in the day.....they were the first decent china minis from memory back in 04 and 05 and they had a big price tage of about 4gs

yeah the OG Thumpstar HUngetens, 70cee cee's and the Hunge25's were utter weapons... really solidly built, the motors were far more reliable and put out more power per cube than the motors you get nowadays... Frames, even the single downtube ones were braced in all the right places, and quality wasnt really that far from jap bikes... i got an 04 model brand new for about $3200... so they werent cheap... but then, the 110 motor from mine still rips, has only had the valve clearances done once since 04, and that was a month ago... i only did them to check on em, and they were actually right!!!
put it this way... my 5 yr old 110FYM motor kept up with the 140 lifan when it was stock standard... so they WERE quick...
Oh, and PBK... the thumpstars were designed to have equal wheel sizes front and back until i think the late 05 models... put it this way, the one you have, should be running 10/10's or 12/12's... not 12/10... that might explain the bum-low stance on it, but they also sat low in the ass stock...
Oh, and the 05 (which i'm pretty sure yours is, going by the Hunge25 stickers) has a heaps tougher swingarm than the original 04's did... dont think you'll need to replace it, unless it's shagged, cracked or bent... they were pretty strong little units.. :D

there is a full carbon fiber plastic thumpstar sm not sure what cc 110,125:confused:
with alot of gold stuff on it looks pretty cool tho its been there since before i got my bike 2 years ago..
wow in 3 days i've had my bike for 2 years:D

thanks thump

yer the owner said no bends or crakcs, just the rear shocky bushes are gone so im thinking of replacing with some bearings

Dont bother replacing the bushes,replace the shock the standard ones were garbage.
Like Thump said the original Thumpstars were the ****.I bought one back in 04 when they first hit the market thats a 110cc 3 speed semi auto and its now done almost 4000kms and will still lift the front wheel with a snap on the throttle.
If only they made bikes like that these days.Or if it only had 4th gear it would kick a 150 to the kerb easily.

Make sure the drum brakes will work first , they need that metal tab welded to the swingarm , sometimes it has them to hold the caliper mount , but can be to short to hold the drum brake tab. easy to fab up tho i suppose.

Nice pickup mate .

How much would you want for that Head/manifold and Carb :D . curious

im not sure i wanna sell the head and carb yet as i may use im not sure yet as im not sure what engine im gonna use....

il keep you in mind if i dont use and will send you a pm

Sick they were the Bomb!! I've got an 04' 70cee cee and it'll blowmost 125 chinas to the kerb lol, and have only done the valves once in that whole time still going strong.
I might give her a birthday sometime then post some photo's!!

Latest posts

Back