Suspension options?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falco402

Reaction score
Just got myself a crf70, has tb 88 kit with race head and cam and sure does rip. I'm very happy with the motor side of the bike but not so much the suspension, I've done a lot of research but can't find a clear answer to anything. I have a set of 730mm Gpx inverted forks but am not sure how t go about using them,if I even can.I also have a+2swinger for it but need a longer shock for it. Any recommendations on shocks? Also I've heard that you need to modify the rake tooput longer forks on.is there anyway to get by without that?I've been told to buy a complete inverted kit for a crf50 and then I won't have the chopper affect and will still raise the bike up some with the extra travel, is that true?. The current forks are stock with crf80 dampening rods and klx110 rear shock. I'm not happy with the amount of travel from either. I want some more travel and definitely to raise the bike up some Thanks in advance any help is appreciated! Will get pics of the bike up soon it's super clean!

Gpx's or hornets won't disappoint for forks, if you have the coin definitely go for the Marzocchi's or even a late model set cr80 set of forks if you can get then to fit.

Rear shocks, again money is going to be the deciding factor. Ive heard great things about the Elka rear shocks, the D&M's are pretty decent too.

I've got a set of 730mm black labels and a D&M rear shock on my mid size and they hold my 90kg easy. Much more forgiving thank stock china ones.

But like I said earlier there maybe be a way to upgrade yours too! Longer fork legs plus heavier oil, all that kind of stuff. But tbh I don't know much about the Honda crf70's so the above mentioned options maybe the way to go?

if ure running a full mod setup! id go marzocchi if not gpx's and elka in the rear!! if i could get anything id like id get some cut down 85 forks! depends on ure plans. if ure keeping it stockish id get the current suspension worked if making a full mod id go all out! shes a honda i wouldnt mix china parts! just me though!

if ure running a full mod setup! id go marzocchi if not gpx's and elka in the rear!! if i could get anything id like id get some cut down 85 forks! depends on ure plans. if ure keeping it stockish id get the current suspension worked if making a full mod id go all out! shes a honda i wouldnt mix china parts! just me though!

I'd like to,go full mod, well as full mod as you can be with an a frame swinger,,and,I agree about mixing China parts but I'm,okay with throwing the gpx forks on until I can afford some,zokes, but what is the issue with rake on the 70? Do I need to worry about it when putting the forks,on? Its stock fram with no modification but I've seen lots of people change the rake angle before putting longer forks on. Do I need to worry about this? Also where can I get clamps? I haven't been able to find any inverted fork clamps for the crf70,but I've found clamps for the 50 will these fit on the 70 with my. Gpx forks?

First of all shot gun the forks and swing arm if you want to sell them.

The mods done to your bike are usually all you would do before going to full after market gear, if you've got the money you might better off going to something like this Honda crf 70 roller | Parts | Gumtree Australia Logan Area - Beenleigh | 1064456864 it's got all the good stuff on it.

other wise cr85 forks and a mono swingarm kit with elka shock.

Latest posts

Back