SWD 125cc turbo question

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
one day will be when fuel injected mini bikes are common.

cant wait! what bits u got now? throttle body? TPS sensor? oxygen sensor? :)

yer well the names Billy not silly lol
i want my bike to be the first efi mini

when that is done i will let you have the first injected/boosted mini

sound like a deal

Dj their are already efi mini's in chain honda made a kit for the z50's

back again, succesful on the fitment of the t28, spools ok-ish... swapped for ball bearing t25, now it spools hard like it were the right size turbo, so it would seem that it is feasable, i used a side plate for an oil cooler to run the oil lines, and ill be doing a front mount carb setup. its going on a buggy so for me a little lag is no problem. ill keep posted and put up a few pics.

back again, succesful on the fitment of the t28, spools ok-ish... swapped for ball bearing t25, now it spools hard like it were the right size turbo, so it would seem that it is feasable, i used a side plate for an oil cooler to run the oil lines, and ill be doing a front mount carb setup. its going on a buggy so for me a little lag is no problem. ill keep posted and put up a few pics.

lols i run a T25 on my SR20DET, over sized much?

lols i run a T25 on my SR20DET, over sized much?

he he, yea it is just a little big but its the smallest i have and can get for free. i just finished sealing the turb manifold so i gave it a brief rev tonight and it spools up quite well under full throttle. under pressure (its not currently attatched on the boost side) it should spool more id like to think that above 4-6000 rpm it should see about 3-4 psi which in theory should make about 30hp with the right carb and a/f ratio.
so my next question regarding fuel, iv been told that just enlarging the main jet should see an increase in fuel only at full throttle???

heres another problem you will face, due to it being a suck through setup, the fuel which is a solvent will eat the seals in the turbo.
need to get a carbon seal.

^^^thts right...

also im guessing your testing this turbo setup while revving the engine in neutral?
lol thats not testing anything... very little if any boost will be made with free revving the engine..

and 30hp with 3-4 psi... lolz

also wat have you done with the compression and ignition? and what carb are you running?

i better be totally honest with myself first i think,
im playing with this engine and the turbo first because im also building a vr v6 commodore engine with a t70 turbo so im doing this first so if i really stuff up i havent just wasted 5g on an engine..

on the bike, iv discovered its a ducar 125, its using its original carb, a fresh honed cylinder, ported/polished head (bout 130% size) matched to a ported manifold. just from porting the head i had to adjust the jet needle to the bottom notch just to get it to idle due to the extra air flow.

i want to get an IRK for it so i can adjust the timing, but it has an electric start so im not sure if im able to keep that And fit the IRK.. so i may have to modify the case where the pickup lives.

with the compression, i plan to double up on the head gasket (being a small capacity engine even raising the deck height a couple mm will have a good decrease in comp ratio).

so thats where im up to. my next step is to hook up the carb to the front of the turbo and make a pressure pipe from the turbo to the head.

as i work at repco, i get to learn a fair bit about seals, fuel line, oil line etc, and according to GCG turbos, most turbos can handle a little bit of atomised fuel running thru them.

so thats my story so far :) so please note im not just sum noob who thought it would be funny to strap on a turbo, its genuine experimentation and ill post up some pics a little later in the week

Latest posts

Back