The New TTR style 155Z by RevolutionMX

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Londin - This is what I've been hanging for! Can't wait to hear how it handles...

Is that a VTR 1000 SP1 in the background? Can I have it? :D

Thats an SP1 alright but it's my flatmates until tomorrow, he's sold it! I "only" have a 848 and a hypermotard :cheer2:

When will you be testing it londin? Really interested in how it handles on tard because of how big it is....

Hey guys, our site is almost up and running and you can now register accounts on the site to purchase from our online store. More products will be added shortly. Cheers :D

Only 8 bikes left guys, New stock coming in soon. Whoever wants one of the last few bikes let me know asap! :D

cant wait until the 175 revmx is out
the only thing that turns me off is the wheels they are steel with 3 piece hubs
well when i get the 175 I will put some pitster pro lxr wheels on it

any one heard of east 50 great shop but they dont sell revmx

ahhhh, u dont know east 50's they are horrible cheating c*nts!
i have stoped going there for DHZ, much better. and will soon be trying out revMX as there billet throttles are cheaper :)

Just a quick bonus point to Russ from RevMX - today a small box with the missing parts from the spare part kit showed up.....and i didn't even tell they where missing!

Russ - that's top dollar service, I do appreciate that a lot :)

been looking at the New RevMX and it looks pretty beasty, ive also read the review on here but all ive really heard thats "great" about this bike is the linkage.

So i was wondering, Is the RevMx just good because of the linkage? is the engine realiable? this will be my first chinga bike ive owned since ive always ridden big bikes and i want it to be atleast half decent.

Also, i was wondering if anyone had the dimensions of the bike (seat hight, Wheelbase,etc) because its not on the website. And one last thing, has the problem with the fuel cap leaking fuel been fixed yet?

Cheers

Hey Miles, welcome to MiniRiders! :)

The RevMX has far more "great" features than just the linkage. I was part of the design process, and given i had a bit to do with the bike's inception, i was pretty picky with it in my review... I'm also possibly a little picky owing to the fact i've been riding 28 years, with the majority of that spent on Jap MXer's... so as far as reviews go, i might be a bit more condemning than most...

HOWEVER, the Revmx has a many brilliant features, and is a very well appointed, and excellently priced bike, particularly when compared to similarly priced bikes... If you can find a linkage bike with high end suspension and 155z motor for $1900, grab it...

From a handling perspective, the Revmx is a huge leap above non-linkage minis. Traction in the rear is a long way from what a non-linkage bike is capable of, and while the forks are pretty stiff, it's a simple fix to soften them up, and get them tracking as well as the rear...

Braking is very very strong on both ends, strong and progressive in the rear, and the front is capable of standing the bike on it's nose with one finger... so far i've not had an issue with the brakes...

The engine is the second generation 155Zongshen motor, also known as the 160HO... upgrades include cam work, head work, closer internal gearing and a six plate clutch... so the chinamen tell us....
Starting is very easy, and it would appear to have a decomp cam in it...
So far i've found the engine to be reliable, and offer very strong performance right through the rev range, and is ample in power for the bike.

Being a relatively new motor, long term reliability is yet to be determined, but if it's anything like the 155z it's replaced, it will be a good motor if cared for properly, like any other motor...

Another "great" part about the Revmx is the general appointments of the bike... billet 1/4 turn throttle, OKO26mm Flatslide carby standard, DNM M200 forks, UD-DHL Hi-Lo shock, on the fly alloy clutch and perch, Braided lines on the brakes, strong frame and nice half-waffle grips... compare prices with other brand new bikes, and then compare the parts lists, i think you'll find the Revmx comes out on top by quite a bit.....

As for the fuel cap issue, i'm not sure if that's been rectified, you'd have to ask Russ from Revmx...

measurements are as shown below... the bike looks big in pics, but it's decieving... it's about the same height as a midsize mini, but longer wheel base...

Seat height: 820mm
wheelbase: 1185mm (approx, depends on chain adjustment)
bar height: 1100mm
width:790mm (bars) 430mm (pegs, very narrow. :))
weight: approx 72kg i think

hope that clarifies things a bit...
For the price of the bike, the spares kit, and the performance of the bike in general, you'd be hard pressed to find an equal bike for the same money...

^^ cheers for that, im reall interested in buying one, but i also want it to be reliable. Ive owned jap bikes for half my life now, and know that changing oil, cleaning air filters, valves, etc is key to making an engine last more than a month or two, but is it the same with these chinga bikes? keep up the general maintenance and it'll keep going? Also, thanks alot for your help, really appreciated.

^^ cheers for that, im reall interested in buying one, but i also want it to be reliable. Ive owned jap bikes for half my life now, and know that changing oil, cleaning air filters, valves, etc is key to making an engine last more than a month or two, but is it the same with these chinga bikes? keep up the general maintenance and it'll keep going? Also, thanks alot for your help, really appreciated.

within reason, china bikes are as reliable, or unreliable as you want to make them..
While the engines are very basic, they do need the same sort of maintenance the jap bikes do... air filters, oil filters and changes, valve clearances, and the same initial set up a jap bike does, just with a bit more loctite and a bit more grease... :)

I've got an 04 thumpstar 110, and an early 05 Atomik 125, both bikes are still running strong... so yeah, with proper maintenance and set up, the chinas can be reliable bikes... mind you, treat em like shite, they wont last past the first couple of rides...

The other thing to remember, is that chinas generally need something done to them as part of initial setup... ie parts upgraded, something changed etc etc... no different to jap bikes needing decent bars, chains and sprockets straight off the showroom floor, just a hell of a lot cheaper...

In the case of the Revmx, it needs the fork oil changed, which is a half hour job, the engine oil changed for something of better quality, and moving parts greased properly..... oh, and the fuel cap replaced.... but that's about all they need to get you up and running for more than the first ten minutes.... :)

Miles now is a really good time to buy too, Russ has dropped the price of a new TTR155z to $1899 plus postage... good deals on 175 big block motors too.. :)

Latest posts

Back