the next project.......

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah decent brand vice grips will get them, don't let them slip

vise-grip-pliers-needlenose-bb.jpg

irwin-visegrip-curved-jaw-locking-pliers-with-wire-cutter--10in.-length-model-0502l3.jpg

so i havnt made many posts on the progress lately, but i have sorted everything out, even had it running for a couple of minutes :clap: cradle kit is in, new dnm shock in (need to get a raiser i think) just need to throw the chain on and locktite everything off for his birthday tomorrow.

anyone no were to get some jets for the oko's? dhz dont have the ones i need in stock, and ch50's didnt have anything either.... pretty sure the 96 main i have in the carb atm is to big, just doesnt seem to make any power or like to rev out. Good enough for him to ride today, but he wont be happy with its performance if i cant sort the carb out... pilot is good no hesitation, runs best with the a/f screw all the way in so i figure maybe a 92 main?

anyone no were to get some jets for the oko's? dhz dont have the ones i need in stock, and ch50's didnt have anything either.... pretty sure the 96 main i have in the carb atm is to big, just doesnt seem to make any power or like to rev out. Good enough for him to ride today, but he wont be happy with its performance if i cant sort the carb out... pilot is good no hesitation, runs best with the a/f screw all the way in so i figure maybe a 92 main?
dhz has some.. not sure what there equivalent to

got a inbox from someone on here saying they had a heap, just waiting to see what he says in his reply. I need the oko/keihin hex jet mains. spark plug was so black it wasnt funny...

Stu,
is the new OKO a 24mm?
does it have the powerjet ?
if so and it's running too rich, try disconnecting the powerjet, take the hose off where it connects at the top and plug the hose

ah yes, i would do that if i hadnt just snapped the idle screw off level with the carb, with it screwed all the way in :( im buying the 21mm pwk from motorman, and i will try source a new idle screw and slap this one on the gpx for my sis on law

ah yes, i would do that if i hadnt just snapped the idle screw off level with the carb, with it screwed all the way in :( im buying the 21mm pwk from motorman, and i will try source a new idle screw and slap this one on the gpx for my sis on law
PARTS AND ACCESSORIES - OKO Motorcycle Parts and Accessories
not sure what difference the pwk has.. obviously smaller that may help the carby atomise the fuel better
I guess you do have to remember your moving about the same air as some chainsaws :p
These motors are pretty damn reliable i put mine through hell a couple of times

Last edited:
Personally I think the PWK is going to work better for you anyway bud.

Might be a blessing in disguise? :)

thats the way i see it to motorman, i only bought the 24mm oko for the engine mods i had planned, but i cant afford the correct cam for a few months so its completely stock atm.

As for reliability zwebx, i reckon that has a lot to do with the dished low compression piston, i laughed when i took the head off

Last edited:
cheers for the links craig :) i reckon i will buy the whole kit, spares are always handy.

whats the piston and bore like on the three valve? might be interested in that in the future, when this one is up for new rings etc.

Ordered the shock raiser today to, lift the bum up a bit, sticker kit went on it as well

chucked the pwk 21mm on today, and im having a world of trouble trying to get it to rev, same symptoms as the 24mm oko.. i have tried a 96, 92 and 88 mains and no matter what i do it still breaks up really bad when getting past half throttle. I have read that guys are running between 88 and 95 on the mikuni's, any one know what that relates to with oko/keihin jets? starting to wish i just bought him a brand new bike from the start now grrrr

try putting a strand of wire through the smallest main jet you have, put a small right angle bend on each end to stop it being sucked into the emulsion tube.

edit;
you could try oiling the air filter a bit more too to lean it out
guessing you've tried the top notch on the needle too ?

Last edited:
haha thats a wicked bush repair, top idea craig ;) any one have any idea's on what jet size i need to buy? I now have a large collection of oko jets that are useless.

have just noticed a large difference in the holes in the emulsion? tube between the pwk 21mm and the 24mm oko. The oko only has two lines of holes directly opposite each other, and all the holes are very evenly spaced. The emulsion tube from the 21mm carb has 4 lines of holes laid out in quarterly quadrents on the emulsion tube and they are very unevenly spaced out. Is this normal? should i try using the 24mm oko emulsion tube in the pwk?

Latest posts

Back