The transformation is finally complete! SDG 107

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustint209

Reaction score
Got the bike for free from a friend a few years ago. The motor was shot and obviously the bike was pretty ratted out. After stripping the bike down to every nut and bolt I bought a new Lifan 125cc motor, new wheels, new plastics and a few other random parts. After a little paint and elbow grease she came alive!

What do you guys think? Not too bad huh? Questions, comments welcome

Come up well! Red and white color looks way nicer then before

Wow that came up unreal!!!

Makes all the effort worth it.

Gotta be happy with that. :)

Nice job man
Can I ask what paint you used on the frame and what process you went through and how has it held up
I am currently doing the same thing with a free bike lol
Funny thing is it gonna look very similar same plastics ordered going red and polished same grips already on lol

I used combination a aircraft stripper, metal brush and sandpaper. It took some time for sure. I coated it with Rust-oleum professional primer and Rust-Oleum Professional safety red. The paint has held up excellent. Just make sure you use a strong degreaser before you paint.

Picture 010.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

And here is a trick if you plan on painting your wheels too. Index cards!

Picture 009.jpg

Cheers I will see how it looks when I have all the parts ready to go on and decide from there

i think Minirdiers now has the quickest/shortest build thread out there !! lol
+ reps for the good work

BjBarsted, have a look at a couple of my build threads too, the Custom Orion, my PW50, and the Jianshe PY80
builds, the links are below in my signature

cheers, craig

Latest posts

Back