The worlds fastest....Atomik????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
might just upgrade springs an roller rockers instead then.. probs work out abit cheaper too

might just upgrade springs an roller rockers instead then.. probs work out abit cheaper too
if you have the cash things like http://www.minimobracing.com/store/...-Rocker-Set---+R-Superheads/product_info.html and http://www.minimobracing.com/store/...--CRF50-Monkey-+R-Superhead/product_info.html make quite a large differance to the rpm range the retainers making the largest difference so i have been told.. although i only really hit redline with my stock head coming over the jumps and its quite high as it is.. but as soon as i have the cash i will go atleast the retainers
if you want to get some cheaper parts and dont mind waiting i would call akunar or email.. for my lifan 150 i got double valve springs a large cam for 70 inc postage (abouts)

Last edited:
cheers zwebx.. thats cheap man.. waiting isnt the problem having money that im able to spend on my bike is the problem

yeah man money is my main issue so that akunar stuff would be the go if its good quality... you have any probs with putting your stuff in.

yeah man money is my main issue so that akunar stuff would be the go if its good quality... you have any probs with putting your stuff in.
they have had bad reviews in the past.. but my experience was good.. cam was well machined (would not say perfectly but you get what you pay for) valve springs were hard.. he has a large selection of cams i would probably go for a tb valvespring because when i researched him i got stories of broken valvesprings but for all i know there the same as akunars.. he also has 7mm lift cams im not sure if you would want to run them though so i would stick to the same grind as the s25 or 35 cam.. he also has bores for 115 and that equates to 150 with shipping to melbourne from 60mm (your stock) to 70mm (crazy) it took 2 weeks for the parts to come in the mail and they were packaged well

also i can recommend getting a valve spring compressor like this one http://tboltusa.com/store/valve-spring-compressor-tool-p-935.html mine were literally a full day struggle (but the klx heads are not so bad and can be done with some grease and a socket and a g-clamp)

yeah but with the bigger bore do i also need a new crankshaft or will mine be ok.. iv taken out the retainers on my yx head with a hammer an a larger socket.. give em a wack an they pop out... abit dodgy but it worked..gettin them back in was the tricky part..lol

Nope, you can go to a 64mm bore with out any extra engine work (no splitting the cases or machining) you may be able to go to like 65mm but then the skirt is dangerously thin
if you wish to go larger you need to get your cases machined to accept the bigger sleve up to around 67mm and to go to 70mm you need to get a machinist to make up spacers for the gudgeon pin and crap like that..

a 64mm will give you a completly different motor and with a good cam (eg s35 cam) will give power all round
67mm will give you almost untractable power but heaps of fun (a little bit more than the 64 but will prolly not inprove lap times)
70mm.. well i have not been able to do it yet (funding) but if i do i will edit it in here

the 64mm or '184 kit' will make your 155 (55mm stroke) a 177 if you wanted to make it 184 then you would swap a slingerless crank into your motor (if yours is slingerless) all that that means is you will make a little more power but is not worth the time nor the extra 100 bucks unless you have to strip it down anyway..

most of the racers i saw at vcm rnd 1 were running a 184 kit and if you look at timmeh's channel/video you will see what a 184 tb headed auto decomp monster is like in a atomik nitrous (pitbike sized bike) but in a midsize it is heaps more manageable

man i swear my bike is faster an way crazier than that thing but then mine revs out so fast i think i might need to get rid of the 1/4 turn throttle an that might make it abit more managable out of corners an stuff..

just added 50 ponys to the outputs :)
IMAG0502.jpg

3gKMAg14tez_-2Fyi8c9CbzAiFfn00UP3k5DZG1XwQQ=w1358-h766-no

So had much of chance to try bike out before big vcm rd on weeknd? tim

Latest posts

Back