The worlds fastest....Atomik????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh, the beauty of decomp cams, top stuff lad. You have delivered and hopefully she's tuned up for a strapping on the weekend, run her in harder than normal for a fire breathing donk.:)

^^^spoken like a boss, after an hour or less let her cool for 30mins to 45mins before restarting. Do this a few times and it will be the guts of the duck;)

Well it looks like it's first run day is gonna be in motard trim at wakefield, so it will get a good run in i would think. They are 15min sessions each and i'll try and run it about 3 times during the day (the rest will be on the ninja) so it will be getting at least a 45min break after each run ;)

Good stuff mate, grab some pics for sure timeeh

Well last week was supposed to be the Wakefield ride day, BUT due to track upgrades which weren't completed in time, this did not go ahead :( (to make matters worse the track upgrades are so they can bring back the truck racing... Which in turn realy f's up the track, but is fun to watch) Anyway off to the coast this weekend so i'll chuck the dirt tyres back on and hopefully give it a good run/try. I did have an issue that i should mention, after altering the exhuast mount (shortening it by 10ml) the exhaust no longer fit correctly, so after i bolted everything up to the head i slowly bent the exhaust back to it's orginal spot, which in turn snapped the head off the exhaust....So off i went to a mates workshop last week and got it re-welded back on, after which we bolted back up to the head then heated the exhuasts main bend with the oxy then bent it back into place, now it all fits "properly". This was on tuesday so wednesday i took it for a quick spin up the street, however i have found a massive bog around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle so it will be a bit of playing this weekend and hopefully i get it sorted by adjusting the clip as i don't have any main jets that'll fit (apparently it comes with a 125 fitted, but i am yet to open it up)... Also before riding this weekend i have to get a new lens fitted to the GoPro because apparently they can be brocken, especially after your 200kg roadbike lands upside down and uses the gopro as a landing point :confused-smiley-013

Some more bad luck dude. The only prob with big bores and head work and upgrades is they don't come with a dyno for tuning, even my bike took quite a while to dial in, if you get it absolute 100% tuned without losing some bottom mid or topend along the way you have done extremely well.

Had a dyno day on the weekend, just a chance to run your bike (not tune) and see what graphs look like
IMAG0490.jpg

All set, needed to put the slick rear on as the knobs upset the dyno, but even with that on it still jumped a fair bit. Anyway here is the important photo;
IMAG0494.jpg

SO... 17.87 on the second run, the first run ended early as it wouldn't even register the air/fuel (notice the green flat line down the bottom of the page, Waaaaaay to rich) and it only peaked at 15.8. For the second the air filter was completely removed and away she went. I thought i would use the TB filter with no oil (fresly cleaned) as that should give me a good base point as different air-filters give different readings, even down to the amount and type of filter-oil you use, but even with the smallest air filter i own + no oil it was way to rich. So i'm now going to try out a 120 main (rather than 125 currently) and see how that performs, but i won't be putting back on the dyno any time soon unless they run another one of these days again, as $30 aint to bad, but at $150+ normally it's not really worth it.

17.87 hp is still pretty good, for something running rich.
rejet it and get it back down there asap!

i'm sure they would just do another Power Run for you.
it doesn't cost much for them to just do a couple of back to back runs
usually costs around $30 - $40 for the 2 Power Runs, especially now since you have had one done there.

I'll have a talk to him but i don't think he'll run it again. Iv'e been annoying him for ages to do another dyno day after his last one (last year when i ran the zx7) but he was never real keen, i think the only reason that this day was run was it was a Ducati club thing, so i think they paid him copius amounts of money :) At least i got a base point of where to start.

is that 17.87 with the 184 kit on it ?????

yeah i remember when the 155z first came out it was claimed to have 17hp i think.. its what im planning next for my bike when its time for the next rebuild...

no problems when you installed it??

yeah i remember when the 155z first came out it was claimed to have 17hp i think.. its what im planning next for my bike when its time for the next rebuild...

no problems when you installed it??

Minor setback with the Taki auto-decomp mechanism grinding away the cam cover, but that was all. Been rock solid ever since, probably got about 10hrs on it now.

yeah im on my second fresh piston in the 155z an really like the power it has but would still like more (as we all do).. but id also like to get abit more top speed an adjustable timing ork.. i dont like the way it revs out so quick..

That was one thing i meant to do b4 the dyno but didn't i have the adjustable ork and I meant to advance it a bit as when it's right up to (around 10k) it seems to misfire and carry on a bit. should of done it b4 the dyno, i have a feeling it may relate to the power dying out from 9.5 mark?

yeah iv advanced mine a tiny bit but dont want to go to much without the adjustable ork kit.. iv still got the standard one on an its ****tin me big time.. it revs out way to fast an on my muddy track i cant get any power down i have a small table top that i cant even clear cos of wheel spin...

yeah im on my second fresh piston in the 155z an really like the power it has but would still like more (as we all do).. but id also like to get abit more top speed an adjustable timing ork.. i dont like the way it revs out so quick..
you can putt stronger valve springs in.. and roller rockers or you can just go get the tb head..
just if you do look out because with the tbv2 s35 cam it will make heaps of power up high that is untill you put a bigbore kit on it

Latest posts

Back