The worlds fastest....Atomik????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timeeh

Go Go Gadget Moderator
Supporter
Reaction score
Due to me slowly upgrading all the bits on the nitrous, i fugured this would be the next step :) It started as stock from the box (Nitrous 160)then the upgrades went something like this

1) Pro Taper bars
2) DNM adjustable forks and triple clamp
3) GPX Twin pot front brakes
4) Daytona/Lifan ORK for adjustable timing inc Race coil and CDI
5) 26mm OKO + Unifilter
6) DNM adjustable rear shock
and somewhere in the middle i also attained a set of 12" slicks :) Only used them once so far though...

NOW a parcel arrived in the mail today which hopefuly should improve the performance, slightly :laughing-smiley-002
IMAG0247.jpg

in the pic is my bore kit to take it to 184cc, a V2 head + TB cam and rockers and to top it off with a PE28mm. Hopefully make a start on it either this weekend or next week. Wish me luck ;P

the worlds faster atomik is the one i ghostie off a cliff :)

nah parts look sweet tim!

Last edited:
the worlds faster atomik is the one i ghostie off a cliff :)

nah parts look sweet tim!

LOL i think you might be right... The new setup cost me more than the enitire bike brand new...Inc delivery. Oh well, should be a slight improvement on previous, next step will be taki rollers + taki auto de-comp cam. But the missus i'll kill me if i spen more atm + My ZX7 goes in for suspension upgrade this weekend + I need a new rear on it which will set me back around the $300 mark too (hit the wear markers on the side b4 getting anywhere near the centre markers LOL) So no more money yet, oh + i noticed Terry now has 201 kits in stock for around $200... BUT NOT YET :(

hope you got some of this with the parts

images

my guess is you new found power will rip the swing arm off the bike & inbed it in your spleen some where :)

Last edited:
hope you got some of this with the parts

images

my guess is you new found power will rip the swing arm off the bike & inbed it in your spleen some where :)

Unfortunately/fortunately i think your right :p should look something like this when in finished though
suri_cruise.jpg

Nice upgrade Timeeh. Can not wait to hear your feed back when you take it for its first white knuckle ride

wow timeeh
i thought your bike was fast anyhow!! did surprise me just how much see already had :) , wount see which way ya race bike went now!
Cool man, always fun getn parcels in mail n upgrading your bike n make faster or just cooler

^Yea man, can't wait. Should have a few more ponies afterwards :). More looking forward to putting it together more so than riding it :)

^Yea man, can't wait. Should have a few more ponies afterwards :). More looking forward to putting it together more so than riding it :)

Bull****, you can't wait to ride it timeeh. Dont say such silly things dude:banghead:

Hahaha accomplishing the engine build is the best part!
Besides holding it pinned in 4th of course!

Haha that's right, as the exhaust note changes to screaming and the wind is louder hitting the helmet you know you are on a good thing lol

Hillz - are the atomik a still bad for rear ends? I had 2 motoX and a Reign in Qld and the only issue rear end was the swing arm bolts shearing which I made up new ones with HT rod and a mate knocked up poly bushes. Oh and std rear shock collapsing on the reign...

hmm is there something wrong with atomik vs other chinese brands? I'm new to the whole chinese thing but I see a lot of atomik's on ebay, and a few for sale locally. Infact I missed out on a 250cc atomik midsize by a smidge, ended up with an apollo orion 250cc midsize instead which 'was' a bucket of crap when I got it. Took to it with a hammer and an 80's montage scene and it came out riding great

Is it a case of the owners being crap, the bikes being crap, are they not competitive or whats the go?

did i read the title right fast atomik no such thing lol just jokes big guy cant wait to see it at vcm and good luck with the build

hmm is there something wrong with atomik vs other chinese brands? I'm new to the whole chinese thing but I see a lot of atomik's on ebay, and a few for sale locally. Infact I missed out on a 250cc atomik midsize by a smidge, ended up with an apollo orion 250cc midsize instead which 'was' a bucket of crap when I got it. Took to it with a hammer and an 80's montage scene and it came out riding great

Is it a case of the owners being crap, the bikes being crap, are they not competitive or whats the go?

Pretty much, there in the rubbish pile of chinas, top of the rubbish pile but still there :p It more so comes down to frames and build quality as most of the engines are pretty similar. But as is the case with most toys, there only as good as the pilot, which in my case means it's terrible :)

lol dont worrie mate im starting mine soon doing rebuild and putting in sum extra bits

Back when my mates and I were into the minis about 10 of us had bikes from various brands. One other and myself had Atomiks and had the least amount of issues, they copped a hiding and like I wrote above minimal issues.

Pretty much, there in the rubbish pile of chinas, top of the rubbish pile but still there :p It more so comes down to frames and build quality as most of the engines are pretty similar. But as is the case with most toys, there only as good as the pilot, which in my case means it's terrible :)

I was thinking of picking up a 140/150/160cc atomik off ebay. Given the price (about $700 including postage) is it really a bad deal?
I mean the atomik blitz I have is AWESOME for what it is. I'm genuinely impressed by it, and prior to that i've only ever owner jap bikes. The blitz has fairly good suspension, better than a stock XR/TTR/DR which are generally undersprung and underdamped, I can hold the blitz tapped out in 5th and whilst its a bit bumpy in the front (the fork guards are causing a lot of stiction which i believe is the main culprit) it tracks and rides pretty well. Brakes are well above standard, ergo's and ride position is akin to a YZF250 (though a lot heavier). Engine feels solid and has more punch than those bikes. Have overheated it in slow moving sand but overall it held up on-par or better than an equiv water cooled jap 4 stroke. I'd say its an awesome bike

edit: oh should mention the rear shock linkage has rubbish tolerances, it slaps around cause its too loose so a -1 there. But the rest feels very well built for what it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back