This is what happens when you Jump and Atomik....

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah... I dont know what to do now!
If I upgrade the parts on the bike, IE some decent forks and good rear shock, would I be OK jumping it again? I like the bike.. its got heaps of power and a good size for me.. but I really dont want something like this to happen again...
Am I likely to snap the frame? It looks pretty solid... Or the hubs or axles or something else?
Or am I better off saving up and getting a decent bike.. (thinking LXR or Cinworx CXZ175, or motovert Pro 160)
What do ya's recon? I know most are gonna say ditch the atomik, but it is been pretty good for the absolute flogging I give it... Any new purchases will have to get past the missus too, so a new bike could be a tough one...
I guess I could always play the safety card after this mess! ha ha

Heres what happened to my shock... snapped off at the thread inside the body...
I guess it holds some sort of plunger on the end... I can hear it all rattling around inside....

Attachments

• shock.jpg
    shock.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 50
wow thats wild it snapped off inside,i got a yx160atomik that i raced had some good fun and no problems with the bike,im not a big jumper but i do jump just upgraded my rear shock to a fastace all seems good,

a big one can t remember the model but its like 1000 pound,i tried to adjust the original shock and screwed the top right off it

OK, all done and ready to go again!
Just gotta get the gear now! Boots, Compression Suit, Knee Guards... Anything else you guys recon i'll need to hit the track?

new-shock.jpg

i would just get jersey, pants, gloves and boots, dont get full size boots either, they are way to big for minis

Full size boots require an extended gear shifter if thats the way you wanna go

Minifighter: Compression suit, Pressure Suit, body armour... got a few names...

fox.jpg

I like the Idea of full size boots with the full shin protection.... will see what is going to feel better...

Had jersey last time... just ripped up from the crash, along with the rest of my upper body.. might as well have just had a singlet on for all the good it did me... so I wont ever ride MX track again without this full protection suit...

Last edited:
Just picked up myself a backup bike incase the atomik isn't up to the job....
She was lonely in the garage all by herself... needed a big brother i recon...

bikes.jpg

I gotta say mate, that's the nicest atomik I have ever seen. Graphics are mint.

What's the kwaka? Looks like an 09 250.

Cheers! I love the Atomik... Sure, we have had our differences in the past (see beginning of thread), but we are working through it! ha ha

New one is an 08 250F... Was a deal I couldnt refuse!

Full size boots require an extended gear shifter if thats the way you wanna go

I measured the distance between the footpeg and gear shifter, and the distance on the atomik is actually longer than the 250... Why do I need a longer lever? My foot/boot is still the same length?
I thought Id just have to move it up a few notches to give some more clearance....

Cheers! I love the Atomik! As you can see from the beginning of our post, we have had our differneces in the past, but we are working through it!!! ha ha

New one is an '08 250F... Was a deal a couldn't refuse!

Yeah they are stepping there game up a bit lately. Goes to show with a bit of knowledge and the right setup a cheaper bike can go great guns. Woggy snapped his linkage on his LXR jumping!! It's just one of those things. Can happen to any bike really.

Nice mate. House mate has an 09. Pretty nice bikes. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back