thumper and head light?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett26

Reaction score
hello people, only new so sorry if this has been covered.

i have lookied but can't find any threads on putting some head lights on a little thumper. any tips on what i need to look for before they go on would be great.

this is the kit i'm looking at getting. Front mounted LIGHT 4 thumpstar pit bike high low beam - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 08-Jan-10 20:20:35 AEDST)

i know its ugly but its all i can find.

the bike is just a cheap 2nd hand one with a loncin 110cc with elec start

Attachments

• 28112009 [1600x1200] [1024x768] [800x600].jpg
    28112009 [1600x1200] [1024x768] [800x600].jpg
    67 KB · Views: 20
using the search feature of the site works great..

http://www.miniriders.com.au/tech-talk/25872-headlight-wiring-diagram-i-did-search.html

there are more but all say basically the same thing...

now to add to that and to try and make it clearer your bike already has all the needed electrical components...
just take a look at the diagram in the post above to see where you plug or wire the needed wires in..

basically all your doing is splicing into the 12v dc output (hot wire) of the rectifier/regulator, also connecting to the charge wire should be good enough...
or if you not keen to go cutting and joining wires then connect it directly to the + side of the battery...

also note tht some of the wiring in the kit you linked wont be needed as you already have a regulator...

its going to be a little more involved as to wat i have said but that will get you started..

and also if the kit hasnt got a fuse for the power wire it would be a good choice to fit one, and get a hand full of fuses to too. id rather blow a couple of fuses then blow a component on the bike.. id recon 20-30amp would do

good to see ya got it sorted bloke. I cant copy and paste links or threads atm, so unfort. That makes it hard for me to help. Open the search in a new window and try a couple.. Keywords are the trick..rec rego, Electrics, wiring, etc

well i got a kit off ebay. now i have a problem. half the wires change colour when going through the plugs but thats not the problem. my rec only has 3 wires going into it.

its missing the red and in the wiring pics up here is wired to the lights (power/ charge) do i need to put this in and wire it into some thing?

Attachments

• rec.jpg
    rec.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
yes, a red + to your lights or battery circuit.

the white and yellow is the stator coil.

and the rectified DC comes out the green (negative) and red (positive) that u need to add in!

Latest posts

Back