Trains's Atomik Comp L 160 Build.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the exhaust tip with some high temp paint. The anodising had discoloured and become brown.
d521e1980c19319950e5691c44e4c357.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

So ive been riding my bike for the past month (pics to come when i take them) with no problems thankfully. Although i feel really guilty riding at private properties where there are neighbors. I'm wondering if a 250 pitbike silencer could be adapted to work on the comp L?

You used to be able to buy a rubber slip on exhaust extension year's ago that dropped the sound but didn't really affect the power.
These Jardine DB killer's are supposed to be good too.

506722.jpg

I took the oem spark arrestor out of my mates' Honda XR400 and it increased the noise out the muffler by about 30%
The oem spark arrestor looked almost exactly the same as the jardine one, real fine stainless mesh

Ive seen those around! They were especially popular in trail riding as they snaked around and essentially formed an S bend so it was harder to sink your bike. Hmmm i might get some SS mesh and put it between the end cap and muffler body to see if that gets rid of some sound. Otherwise ill try make up a SS mesh cone like pictured above.
Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

When i repacked my Foxico muffler i put some brass mesh as a spark arrestor, it's a bit coarse though
I don't know if it made it any quieter though as half the packing was gone before i redid it.

l bought a cheapie muffler from ebay . Pulled the end cap off and installed a metal washer between the end cap and the muffler .. ended up with a 12mm exhaust hole ... quite as.. but did not run that well .. fitted the scalvini back on ... I noticed on the scalvini it has a rubber grommet with a thread .. so I will be looking into that ... When l was using the ycf original muffler with the PE 28 it was a pain to tune because it needed to be tuned independently with the bung in or out .. so l gave up .

It's been a long time since ive updated this thread. Im currently repairing my engine after this happened.
c040f91f3f5650252b5aaf07e1e36319.jpg
2c3492c4576018e6ad754b732aad2441.jpg
bcca1c2f7309778b43cb9ad5c8dc2a2f.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it was from kick back Stu. I have never seen a gearbox shaft shear like this one has.

It has been a while since any actual work has gone into this kit L. Comp should make it look great. Still need a new seat to fit and ill be happy with the aesthetics of the bike.

It has been a while since any actual work has gone into this kit L. Comp should make it look great. Still need a new seat to fit and ill be happy with the aesthetics of the bike.
I got a new seat made for it man. I just havnt got any decent photos of it since then. Motor is still out getting rebuilt. Been too busy with big bikes.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back