Tuning the carb

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok so ive got the OPBS X 125cc...i just ported it and now when i have the throttle wide open it keeps almost coughing(like it keeps cutting out every couple of seconds), like its not getting enough gas. also when i am decelerating it makes pops out of the muffler. what do i need to do to the carb? ive had it jetted once when i originally got the bike but now im not sure how to fix it.

also is it bad if the exhaust doesnt make a 100% seal at the head? if so how would i fix it without buying a new head?

thanks

The popping is an exhaust leak mate you need to get a good seal so try to level it up and get it to seal nice and tight you might be able to throw in another gasket to make up the difference, do this first before touching the carb as this will make it run lean. You will be trying to fix the carb when in fact it's the exhaust, the hesitation will more then likely go away when you get the exhaust sealed up, if not then richen the mixture or go up one on the pilot jet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Popping is running lean. Check your float level after you do all that Brendo suggested if it still does it.

^^ that will be why it is popping on decelleration then.
you need one of these type of copper gaskets-
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/exhaust-..._Parts_Accessories&hash=item4170325bbf&_uhb=1

the thick copper flange gaskets will compress when you tighten it up, and will seal it well on most motors.
fit it and do the 2x exhaust header bolts up tight.

if you still have problems with popping on decell,
you can buy some expanding exhaust paste too
it's called CRC Maniseal here in AU, costs about $6 a tube,
use it pretty thinly, it will expand and set when it gets hot.

1MANISEAL.jpg

Last edited:
also it may have alloy filings stuck in the valve seats too now ?

the exhaust had like and old spiraled ring in it but when i looked at i never thought that that could be the seal but i think it was... do like shops around have them or would i have to get them off the internet

Latest posts

Back