turbo mso 140s

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait till they start mass producing fuel injection kits so they can use the blow through method

theres no reason why it wouldnt be a good thing if you had a small enough turbo and the right carby setup (either blow through or draw through)

a small turbo and 2psi boost kicking in early...and j pipe off the motor
...as said above.. at least oil for the turbo is a piece of piss ...at least on most 140's its all there ready to go

heat wouldnt be bad either...the biggest thing that kills turbos is heat...and being aircooled will be awesome for it unlike in a car

just dont go crazy on the boost levels

but yeh i agree with most people...

if you you are purely doing it to have a turbo bike GO FOR IT!

but if you are doing it to get more power...do cam and irk etc and get power quickly cheaply and easily

Last edited:
I like his final comments ... [This project is on the back-burner at the moment due to the turbo having sprung an oil leak and needing returned to America for rebuild. Oh and it didn't really work anyway! 20th Aug 2005]

If a turbo that small didn't work with a 120 cc motor ... then anything bigger 'aint got a chance in hell of working on the same or smaller cc'd engine ...

I wonder what happened to it ... maybe he put it on the burner out the back ...:p

ahhh

IMHO it will be hard to get it running well and be beneficial. BUT if you wanna do it then fine.
I would choose suck thru, because i can guarantee a china carb will not handle any boost without blowing it ass all over the place. Next It not all about exhaust pressure but also gas expansion that will help it spool, that is why testing it NOT under load will not give you any answers on how it will work.

next the picture of the turbo that was shown was a waste of bandwidth, the reason being is that we are looking at the wrong end of the turbo...we need to see the turbine side. the size of the compressor (cold) side doesnt mean an awful lot when it comes to boost threshold. The size of the turbine wheel and housing will be the determining factor here. that turbo kinda looks like one off a 1gtte they will spool on idle on a 1300cc engine but would take a guess and say not so good on a pitbike sorry but if you like try it. what you should be looking for is a turbo off a KEI car preferably something under their 600cc limit ;)

oh also if you decide on suck thru i suggest a much larger carb and run methanol cos u cant run an intercooler ;)

oh also 2psi wont help at all itd be lucky to increase hp by 1hp in teh top end and also drop power in the lower/mid rpm ranges.

Ill stand back and wait for the flaming :)

Last edited:
i forgot one other thing u need for the turbo is an un obstucted oil drain(no bends ect and no restriction u would probally need a 2-2.5cm drain i would probally end up putting it in the oil filler hole and make it removable) if u don't have an unobstucted oil drain u will blow your turbo oil seal out and cause overheating of the turbo

iuno if any one has heard of ditch wich but anywho they have a smaller turbo for the ditcher should work nicely cant remember modle but if your curious let me kno ill find out

and i think if you go witha small exhaust turbine and a larger intake turbine it will work better with lower rpm's tune it like a carb'ed blower

Latest posts

Back