Uncle Thump's "Desert-mini" Build... :D

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nah mate, keeping the KTM style.. that will make four "yammies" in my shed, and two "KTM's"... Of those six, two are gin-yoo-whine.. lol..
hmm... orange bling... *makes Homer drooling noise*...
Thinking this bike may require a lot of matte black, a lot of shiny anodised orange.... :D and carbon fibre... the ebay partslist is growing more and more epic (and expensive) by the second... :D

It's ARRIVED!!! :D

ok, so i get dragged out of a meeting to be told by the lady at the front desk there is an large irate StarTrek express truckie sick of waiting for me to sign for my bike.. Turns out to be a nice chap, and signs the Con-note to show that the bike was damaged when he picked it up, before delivering to me, in case i have any issues...

Must say, from an Ebay purchase point-of-view, i'm very impressed with Cobb and Co.. Paid for Tuesday arvo, received the bike Thursday morning.. Melbourne to Adelaide.. pretty quick in anyones language... Second bike i've bought from them, and both times their delivery times have matched DHZ, so i'm impressed...

Gear lever copped a wee bend in transit... no biggie, got plenty of spares.. what concerns me is that it's forced the lever and done the shift forks in... wouldnt be the first time it's happened... Again no drama, as the stock motor wont be in there long.. but would be nice if it still works for testing and review purposes... Meh... Oh, and for the curious, it's a 125 start in neutral Zongshen... nothing special at all. again, dont care... obviously the 150 model is their flagship...

So anyways, i thought i'd put up a pic of the first thing i will change...

Friggin Homo Monster Energy Rip Off Men's Store graphics kit... Gayer than Hillz on a cruise ship in a hawaiiain shirt and sawn off denim shorts, sipping a cosmopolitan...
(which is pretty gay...)
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-4.jpg

pretty kool, Menstor ftw! hehe,

Big is fricken huge though!!!

ha ha, no prizes for guessing what i'll be doing tonight... Blitz will just have to wait for additional blinging up... :D
Once it's assembled, i'll post pics of it side by side with the BlitzKrieg and the Bling-40 for comparison size-wise..

ha ha, no prizes for guessing what i'll be doing tonight... Blitz will just have to wait for additional blinging up... :D
Once it's assembled, i'll post pics of it side by side with the BlitzKrieg and the Bling-40 for comparison size-wise..

*waits for pic's*

ok kiddies, here's the pics... got home at 5pm tonight, had the thing running by ten to six... VERY impressed with this bike... needed the usual china attention before hand, but once oiled and set up, it fired on the second kick...
Motor is old school zonger 125... 1 down 3 up start in neutral... and a gay 19mm junkie carby or something... Heaps of room in the engine cradle for a 150 and OKO though... really looking forward to modding this thing...
Long seat is great, being a bit taller, and the suspension seems good for my fat ass... brakes are typical Mikilon.. ie: Friggin strong... nose wheelies should be fun with this one... No Rattles, everything is very solid, but it's HEAVY... bout 80-85 kilos i'm guessing... definately gonna need the 150 in there soon... :D
Oh, and it's big.... well, for a mini it's huge... definately a bigfoot without the weird ergos... She sits around the same size as a CRF150R, and the actual layout of the bike is brilliant... doesnt feel the slightest bit cramped....
Bloody impressed... Plus cob and co got it to me from Melbourne the day after i paid for it... Pretty quick by anyones standards...
anyways, heres the pics so far... Last one has the Bling-40 parked infront to show the size a bit...
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-5.jpg

25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-6.jpg

25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-7.jpg

bike looks sick, need to get rid of the monster sticker kit or you will need to ban yourself.

Bike seems to look normal, like nothing seems too small or too big for a china, if you can see what im saying...

how does it ride?

Yeah the graphics need to go.... quickly... you're right, i'll have to ban myself otherwise... I've found a mob of aussie dudes living in spain selling graphics on ebay... All their kits are stuff i havent seen before, so something rare or unseen might be the way to go...
Yeah i know what you mean about the proportions of the bike... Doesnt have the bunched-up look usually associated with BigFoot minis... It feels more like a scaled down big bike, than it does a blown out mini... I'm a shade under six foot, and i fit on it easy.
As far as how does it ride, i've only taken it up and down the driveway, played around on the gutter halfway up my driveway and the step into the back yard, and the suspension seems to cope with square edged bumps quite well... obviously 8'' gutters arent a motocross track, but let's just say Mikilon did a better job with the suspension on this, than they did with the Blitz... ha ha!

ok got a few different choices for replacing the Men's Store graphics...
what do people think?

1:
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-8.jpg

2:
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-8.jpg

3:
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-9.jpg

4:
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-10.jpg

5:
25307-uncle-thump-s-desert-mini-build-11.jpg

pick number 2 my lord number 2 (its of shreck) lol yer number 2 i like

yeah i'm liking the 1st and last ones so far... other ones a lil bit too much black.

this one for sure, it's clean simple looking an no homo energy drinks, redbull is almost as homo as monster. but at least monster is affordable and tastes good.
minblitz4-1.jpg

the last one's not too bad either, I hate the first & second one's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back