Upgrade musts

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dunny29er

Reaction score
hey guys can anyone give me a list of stuff to upgrade that will give me more performance or better reliability or better yet both so far i am thinking

1. Race Cdi

Alloy High REV Performance CDI Box - DHZ Mini Moto

2. New carby if anyone can recommend the best

im thinking this

OKO 26mm FlateSlide Race Carby Kit - DHZ Mini Moto

or this

OKO 28mm FlateSlide Race Carby Kit - DHZ Mini Moto

3. Dress up kit (just looks cool but might scrap for something else)

PITBIKE LIFAN GOLD BILLET ENGINE DRESS UP KIT (eBay item 220680462841 end time 08-Nov-10 09:17:30 AEDST) : Cars, Bikes, Boats

4. Folderback Clutch & Brake Levers

Red Folderback Clutch & Brake Levers - DHZ Mini Moto

can anyone tell me if that brake lever will fit my bike.

I have a DHZ dpro 140

theres only 2 things on that list thats worth while..

the oko carb (26mm or 28mm on a 140)

and fold back levers..

another thing that is a good upgrade is cam and valve springs.. even just the valve springs is good as the zongers seem to valve bounce early.

the cdi units are a big waste of money.. there originally designed for a 50cc engine..

but seriously upgrades are sort of endless if you got the money..

but best upgrade is the z160HO engine... why waste money on a 140

also apart from upgrading the engine, the suspension plays a big part too specially if your racing..

i have only got around 300 to spend what about an inner rotor kit do u think that will do anything and which carby the 26 or 28

you have to spend more time reading on this site and less time posting.these questions have been answered dozens of times and people have put alot of effort into answering these questions.

While the weathers crap i felt like rumaging through threads on dpro140 to find stuff that could help me and i noticed sean saying something about valve springs. I always did think my bike revved out a little early. So ive been looking round and cant find any though, any help in showing me would were i could find them would be great and if fitting them is easy or would i be better off sending it of to a mechanic.
Thanks

theres a few places for springs...
AKUNAR MOTORCYCLE PARTS & ACCESSORIES THAILAND
::AHP minis:: | iShock, Honda Trail Bikes, Fast50s, Boyesen, and Sano
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
and the dreaded TBolt USA: Pit Bikes, Engines, Parts, Pitster Pro, SSR, Honda CRF50

you may even find that a member on here has some... lifan springs should be the same..

just remember tho, its xmas and shipping times will be terrible from the states

Legit 26mm carb and some valve springs for sure. Honda ATC125M inners with stock outers works great, is cheap-ish. Otherwise, DRP. All-around increase with a TB300 cam, too. There's better for racing, but not as wide a torque curve. Compression helps, even if it's just swapping the composition gasket for a shim-type when the head's off for spring switch. Proper porting is a big wake-up. Most stock jugs can be bored to 57mm for 146cc and higher compression. TB and Akunar both have good choices.

International shipping hasn't been slowed that much, I hear.
T-Bag is a clueless buffoon...:bump2:

the dpro140 is fitted with a zonger 140 so it already has the shim style head gasket..

but yeah just porting and adding springs helps heaps in these engines...

Thanks, Sean. You guys get some different stuff than we do, some times. Room to ditch the base gasket for a smear of Yamabond, then? I like squeeze:)

yeah i remove the base gasket in most engines, tho in the z155 9 times out of 10 the piston will kiss the head..
havent tried it on a z140 yet

Hi im geussing these dont fit but thought i may as well ask anyway.
TBolt USA, LLC

And also i have a small idea of what porting is but a good explanation of what it is and how to do it would be much appriecated. Theres no "how to" thread on it and nothing on youtube

Thanks

sorry for so many posts but i really wanna know how i can get that power. Know after having my bike for 3 months and hopefully start racing soon i feel i need it.

I had a good look for valves but couldn't find any to fit.
If i do find stiffer ones will i need a new cam aswell?

And about porting thanks kosta but the above link couldn't help me. Ill probably get it done professionally, does anyone now where i can get it done and how much it will cost, im thinking buzz bikes. I'm gonna email them later today to see if they can they can

P.S. WANTED: DOES ANY ONE KNOW OR HAVE STIFFER VALVE SPRINGS FOR A 140 ZONGER. I've looked everywhere.

thanks

Latest posts

Back