v2 de comp option

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISEY13

Reaction score
alright guys i got a heaps retarted question..
on dhz website they selling a v2 de comp option..
i currently run a v2 head with a takagawa de comp race head on a xy160 pitsterpro lxr

i would like to fit a de comp valve to it.. one is it worth it or will it be waste of time and two how does the kit work..? is it a bolt on option or do i have to get my head machined to suit valve/ decomp button??

any help be awesome cheers guys..

if you have a tacky de comp cam and it's set up right you dont and wont need the de comp button thats the whole point of the cam

eh the button is better

but i know heaps of people wit the de comp cam and dont have an issue

decomp cam should be better and quicker to start your bike..

if its hard to start then start looking at the carb tune..

yeh it all lil hassle sumtimes.. it may even be the way i kick it.. but when i start others bikes no worries.. it may be just tuning.. i gotta do sum research on how to tune it properly.. i always try to get top dead centre before kicking but still is seams to be a pain n esp when back fires n coppin a whack from kickstarter underboot or shin is never good.. haha

s25 or s35 cam

we have found the s25 harder to start with the de comp cam but i run the s25 with the button and she fires no more than second kick

i not 100% which i will have to go down shed n check box haha.. it been a while since i checked.. but how does the kit from dhz work? is it a bolt bit or do i need v2 head machined? i not sure at all..

Have you done the YX timing mod? Grind the leading edge of the flywheel trigger bump back by 5mm or so. Your YX will start heaps better. TB push-button requires machining.

also so wat are u buying when u get the v2 de comp valve option from dhz or classic honda 50's? is that just the valve button or is that a replacement head or wat..? cheers

You get it with the head you buy off them. Once you have the head its too late unless you get it machined to take a de comp button. Stick with your Takky decomp

Decomp011.jpg

Decomp016.jpg

11-05-10005.jpg

with the grinding of the flywheels is there a set measurement.. like if i take to much off it,it fire trucked aye? if i grind it back wat am i doing etc.. like wat does grinding it back allow it to do.. cheers

with the grinding of the flywheels is there a set measurement.. like if i take to much off it,it fire trucked aye? if i grind it back wat am i doing etc.. like wat does grinding it back allow it to do.. cheers

It retards the timing a touch (which will reduce kick back), just measure 5mm on the leading edge of the magnet and grind away... Make sure flywheel is off the bike first and you stick it in some wooden blocks if you feel the need to stick it in a vice ;)

(Grinding the whole magnet off, or too much, will indeed knacker it.)

cheers mate.. nah i be sweet with the whole grind thing.. i play wif em all day haha.. im pro.. just ask me haha.. but thanks fo ya input fellas.. much app.. i let ya know hoe i get on.. n if i stuff it.. u prob here goin off sum where haha

Latest posts

Back