Vertmax name change

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreadful

Mini Riders Legend
Reaction score
Ok crew sneeky underhanded things have been afoot. As you know Russ and Thump are bringing the Vertmax bike over here to introduce some competition and as a wake up call to other dealers that THIS bike and spares kit was the standard and price we deserved.Well it seems to be working ... a few days ago Russ was contacted by dirtmax and threatened with aggressive legal action over the name vertmax which they thought was a bit close to dirtmax. With Dirtmax determined to spend whatever it took to stop Russ trading under vertmax he was faced with a choice ... spend thousands in a legal sh#tfight or change his name .Yesterday Dirtmax upped the anti and put the issue beyond doubt when they bought and trademarked the vertmax name as their own.Russ doesn't want to spend thousands in court as he'd rather put that money back into the scene or sponsorship not waste it in court ... obviously dirtmax don't.

See Dirtmax would rather spend thousands trying to destroy Russ because they know that

1 they don't want you bring you the value for money Russ is and

2 they just don't want the competition ... without it they can continue to rip us off simple as that.

they'd rather spend money eliminating the competition that way they can continue to do as they please,limit our choices and charge whatever they want.

But this isn't stopping or even slowing Russ it's no more than a pain in the arse ....
it just goes to proove what I have said above is true and has only made me more determined to support him ...and you should support him too ...

No one would argue ,Russ has a great bike at a fantastic price on the way and we'll just rebrand em when they land and it'll be happy days but Dirtmax have exposed their dirty underside to us and that won't go well for em .... dirtmax already had a reputation on here as a rude arrogant dealer before this .... now he'll also be known as the greedy dealer trying to take out the underdog ... way to go :rolleyes:.

I have already chucked Russ an idea for a name but can't post it because dirtmax will automatically buy the domain and trademark two minutes after I post it ...

why would they do that unless they were scared of the value Russ is bringing and their reluctance to bring a similar value to their customers.

Anyway if you think you've got a good idea for a name post it here .... and Russ can decide I guess.

Anyway that's the story so far .... I'll keep ya's in the loop

dirtmax are a bunch of gimps
i knew when i first met them that they were underhanded and dirty and now thanks to u dready ,there underhanded ways are now for all to c

boycot dirtmax coz
1)there bikes are crap
2)coz there trying to strong arm a decent and honest person

That news does suck, and i feel for russ.

But when we all herd the name that was the first thing we said and doesn't shock me that dirtmax did it to him.

:O 3500 for that cnc bike! that ridiculous. they are way overpriced yea i can see why there so scared of russ now.

Dirtmax the pathetic *****

I say its a good thing for russ because vertmax was pretty weak :p

That news does suck, and i feel for russ.

But when we all herd the name that was the first thing we said and doesn't shock me that dirtmax did it to him.

Yeah Corey I had a similar thought but mine was Russ may have a negative reaction from crew because of the similarity to dirtbags .... but Russ had the name picked so I didn't say anything and focussed on the bike .Members will remember when Russ first came here talking about the bike he was importing we fed him his own arse ...to his credit he approached Thump and asked him to help bring us what we want ... and yeah I think they've killed it so I'm in Russ' corner .:cool:

I take my job here seriously and I dunno about you guys but I'm sick of the bullsh#t and when I smell it I'm gunna tell ya's .... Braap know that and now Dirtmax .

Thanx for the support boys I'm sure Russ appreciates it :cool:

as always dready u are a straight shooter and all these pink and and purple fags can go eat a dick

You could look at this as a good thing. Dirtmax have just lost any respect anyone had for them and it's just ganna make people wanna support Russ even more!
We gotcha back Russ :p

post up like 20 names, so dirtmax buy them all, dont dont even use em HAHA, then there just throwin cash away and we can just sit and laugh at em, honestly tho, i think vertmax is to close to dirtmax, if it were the other way round russ wouldnt like somthin so close to his name comin out and undercuttin him !

end of the day, rock a new name, and get these bikes out here !! mega keen

post up like 20 names, so dirtmax buy them all, dont dont even use em HAHA, then there just throwin cash away and we can just sit and laugh at em, honestly tho, i think vertmax is to close to dirtmax, if it were the other way round russ wouldnt like somthin so close to his name comin out and undercuttin him !

end of the day, rock a new name, and get these bikes out here !! mega keen

there is a difference between undercutting giving a fair price (in this case pribly too fair)

dirtmax just whack a bit more on there pricetag, and as dready has said dirtmax have always been like this i rang them up to find out some info on there bikes and the whole they were explaining how much better theirs were then pitster pro and theres had been fully tested and blah blah bullshit bullshit

but i do like your sugsestion :D

figured i'd weigh in on this one... whilst this is very clever of dirtmax, i'll give them that, it's also a dirty dog c*** underhanded act, purely to break the competition...
there's a few of us working with Russ to come up with a new name.... Russ has got a few options, one of them will stick in your head.... guaranteed, and like any good name for a product, will still be easily related to the product itself....

As for Dirtmax, this is another black mark against them.... they arent a site supporter, but they do come on here to push their wares, and bag anything else... sadly, we're even seeing some false information from their corner, in otherwise bloody handy threads...

Crew will slowly learn about all this, and the already poor reputation of Dirtmax, will suffer... Given the youthful socio-economic group of this site, i dont imagine anyone will really see this as an unfair, but very clever act on the part of Dirtmax... they'll see it as a dirty underhanded act, purely to take away the ability of Russ to provide an animal, that IS going to revolutionise Minis, and value for money as we have known it in Oz in recent years... Russ is more determined than ever that the bike formerly known as *..........* is still gonna be a giant killer, and Mr Russ is still going to be filling the hole left by the champions at MSO....

warnings shots have been fired Dirtymax, you're "Dominatrix" bike is gonna have it's ass handed to you on a plate.... in every sense of it being a saleable product....

Exciting times kids, exciting times... you're seeing the changing of the guard as it happens... :D

Dready, mate, ne'er a truer word, hath been uttered by your good self. :D it's mods like you, that make MR what it is... :D

im just wondering why didnt he register the name when he first started advetising it was kind of silly to not do that b4 you advertise and promote a product save all this hassle further down the track , hope they get it sorted out iam keen to see them out there and at events

Well im sure Dirtmax will suffer anyway before they kicked up all this stink they were under threat by what Russ was putting out in bikes and prices, And now this has just made it even worst for them. I hope they go down and go broke. Acting like little kids. Just shows how scared they are of Russ's bikes and what they will achieve. So good try to Dirtmax you just stuffed yourself up even more :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back