Vertmax name change

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
come to the aussie market and find a mini crf frame then? not some after market one, your wont find a 50/70/90cc stronger

and 1+ to Dreadful it aint just a walk in the part to get bikes over

Ok crew sneeky underhanded things have been afoot. As you know Russ and Thump are bringing the Vertmax bike over here to introduce some competition and as a wake up call to other dealers that THIS bike and spares kit was the standard and price we deserved.Well it seems to be working ... a few days ago Russ was contacted by dirtmax and threatened with aggressive legal action over the name vertmax which they thought was a bit close to dirtmax. With Dirtmax determined to spend whatever it took to stop Russ trading under vertmax he was faced with a choice ... spend thousands in a legal sh#tfight or change his name .Yesterday Dirtmax upped the anti and put the issue beyond doubt when they bought and trademarked the vertmax name as their own.Russ doesn't want to spend thousands in court as he'd rather put that money back into the scene or sponsorship not waste it in court ... obviously dirtmax don't.

See Dirtmax would rather spend thousands trying to destroy Russ because they know that

1 they don't want you bring you the value for money Russ is and

2 they just don't want the competition ... without it they can continue to rip us off simple as that.

they'd rather spend money eliminating the competition that way they can continue to do as they please,limit our choices and charge whatever they want.

But this isn't stopping or even slowing Russ it's no more than a pain in the arse ....
it just goes to proove what I have said above is true and has only made me more determined to support him ...and you should support him too ...

No one would argue ,Russ has a great bike at a fantastic price on the way and we'll just rebrand em when they land and it'll be happy days but Dirtmax have exposed their dirty underside to us and that won't go well for em .... dirtmax already had a reputation on here as a rude arrogant dealer before this .... now he'll also be known as the greedy dealer trying to take out the underdog ... way to go :rolleyes:.

I have already chucked Russ an idea for a name but can't post it because dirtmax will automatically buy the domain and trademark two minutes after I post it ...

why would they do that unless they were scared of the value Russ is bringing and their reluctance to bring a similar value to their customers.

Anyway if you think you've got a good idea for a name post it here .... and Russ can decide I guess.

Anyway that's the story so far .... I'll keep ya's in the loop

Well, well well.....im not suprised at all.

The VERTMAX branding IS INFACT a breach of our DIRTMAX trademark, and i guess if you cant see that then there is no point arguing about it.

We dont care about new Pitbkes been brought onto the market, infact we welcome it.
A Brand is built on reputation, NOT on how good its name sounds or anything else.

RUSS will have to do this also, just like everyone else has.

We did infact register the VERTMAX trademark, and it was done purely to save us all some money on legal fees and fighting this battle in court.

Some FREE Advise:

When considering a new BRAND NAME, Always check exsisting trademarks! they will tell you if you can use it or not, that is what RUSS should have done at the start and it would have saved him some time and money becuase they would have told him that its too close to DIRTMAX.

The problem is that the name is too similar and people may be confused about some relationship with the two companys to which there isnt.

Trademarks protect their owners from people using similar names on similar products. You just cant do these things.

We did infact ask politly for VERTMAX to change their name for ovious reasons to which they have agreed. the story is over and it should be left there.

We wish RUSS all the best with his new business venture.

P.S: I dont appriciate all the BS.

we dont appriciate all the shit engines you guys produced in the last 2 years. bad bearings, shit cases, butter cush drives in clutchs, weak 53mm cranks. i can go on for days. do us a favor and GET OUT of the PITBIKE buisness YX/DIRTMAX.

just out of curiosity, at what point in time did you register the VERTMAX trademark ? (dates would be nice) because if it was after you heard of it from this site... I would be calling it more of a dog act & very unprofessional business ethics... and I'm sure I wont be alone with this point of view.

PS: do you really think anyone here gives a toss whether you appreciate all this BS or not ?

we dont appriciate all the shit engines you guys produced in the last 2 years. bad bearings, shit cases, butter cush drives in clutchs, weak 53mm cranks. i can go on for days. do us a favor and GET OUT of the PITBIKE buisness YX/DIRTMAX.

DUDE that is just chinese crap, i didnt design it & i wasnt involved in the engineering part.

All pitbikes come from china, China builds mostly CRAP!

The difference now is that We are working directly with DIRTMAX (CHINA) engineers to bring better Pitbike products. IT WILL TAKE TIME. CHILL OUT!

We have just about nailed it and you will see this in a new engine from us over the Next few months.

We had one of these engines in the last Mini Race at LAKES (12" PRO)

This is pretty Low. I think I will tweet about this. :)

Yeah I'm one of Stu's best mates I was there too remember ... I never said anything about you bringing down the hood or have I read it here ....what has been said was it was lack of industry support ...if people assumed it was you then that's for them to decide but in my opinion saying you kept the brothrerhood running for a year is a joke but lets not drag Stu into this.

I'll be back to address your other statements and give you the reason for mine

Well, well well.....im not suprised at all.

The VERTMAX branding IS INFACT a breach of our DIRTMAX trademark, and i guess if you cant see that then there is no point arguing about it.

We dont care about new Pitbkes been brought onto the market, infact we welcome it.
A Brand is built on reputation, NOT on how good its name sounds or anything else.

RUSS will have to do this also, just like everyone else has.

We did infact register the VERTMAX trademark, and it was done purely to save us all some money on legal fees and fighting this battle in court.

Some FREE Advise:

When considering a new BRAND NAME, Always check exsisting trademarks! they will tell you if you can use it or not, that is what RUSS should have done at the start and it would have saved him some time and money becuase they would have told him that its too close to DIRTMAX.

The problem is that the name is too similar and people may be confused about some relationship with the two companys to which there isnt.

Trademarks protect their owners from people using similar names on similar products. You just cant do these things.

We did infact ask politly for VERTMAX to change their name for ovious reasons to which they have agreed. the story is over and it should be left there.

We wish RUSS all the best with his new business venture.

P.S: I dont appriciate all the BS.

you gotta be kidding mate....
you registered the brand name a couple day after seeing the pictures of the bike...

now you say its in violation of the dirtmax brand name, pigs fukn ass mate..
show us your brand name info where it excludes the use of certain brand names..

now im pretty sure if Russ wanted to he could haul yr ass off into court and sort this out, but as he said "your not worth the time or money"

if it wasnt such a big deal, why not contact him properly and ask nicely for him to consider a different name long before this stage.. just proves you dont welcome new bikes on the market, specially when there a sht load better and cheaper than yr POS's.

fark you cant even supply your bikes with updated engine case and gearsets... or correct dyno info...

mate dont know why you would be worried about a little brand name issue, you should have plenty of business with your 16hp @5500rpm yx engines...PFFFT fukn wanker

oh and for the record... the way you contacted him was not polite, you pretty much ordered him to change it or else suffer the consequences..

MATE YOU HAVE JUST MADE TO THE TOP OF MY FUKWIT OF THE YEAR LIST...

p.s.. werent you the sponsor in the HRI series tht fuked it all up.

copy and pasted for IP AUSTRALIA web site

Trade Mark : 1352136
Word: VERTMAX
Image:
Lodgement Date: 23-MAR-2010
Class/es: 12
Kind: n/a
Type of Mark: Word

Owner/s: Bill Sayed
PO Box 105
WOONONA NSW 2517
AUSTRALIA

Address for Service: Bill Sayed
PO Box 105
WOONONA NSW 2517
AUSTRALIA

Goods & Services

Class: 12 Chains for driving motorcycles; kickstands for motorcycles; motorcycles; saddle covers for bicycles or motorcycles; saddles for bicycles, cycles or motorcycles; saddles for motorcycles; twist grips for motorcycles; tyres for motorcycles; wheels for motorcycles

Wow you are a ray of sunshine are'nt ya :rolleyes:

Firstly ALL the stuff you mention was done before Russ came here ...even the colours :eek:

We just didn't like the bike and we told him in no uncertain terms sooooo .... he asked what we did want so Thump* gave him a shopping list ... and TO HIS CREDIT he went back to square one and started again rather than bring ANOTHER sh@t bike over here ...bludging ? I don't think so mate

Now I understand YOU see this as some sort of bludge but I see it as the first dealer with the intelligence to ask US what we want and as long as He keeps listening it'll be happy days.

This thread was never started as a " I can't think of a name " ...read my first post a halfwit could see that .....but like everything Russ is open to our opinions so he asked us for em .

And that's the difference here you think askin for our opinions is a bludge but I see it as a something that should have happened a while ago and the only way we'll ever get what we want at a reasonable price .... See with Russ we have a line to the factory and we can get what WE want ...everyone else just brings what they THINK we want.

Oh yeah besides the things you mentioned there are MANY things involved in bringing a bike over like customs , import duties and resulting paper work which by itself can be ridiculous , finding and dealing with a factory and many other things you wouldn't know about ... and the fact that he scrapped the bike he was bringing and went back to square one on our advice.

So I think to insinuate he has done nothing is also a bit of a misinformed opinion I think mate....

but whether I think it's misinformed or not you're entitled to it so all good we'll just agree to disagree :cool:

Well I guess I have missed the point of this thread??

Was it to make everyone go against dirtmax, because they done something a lot of other people would of done?

Can you please point it out?

PS. Woo 8 pages.

Well I guess I have missed the point of this thread??

Was it to make everyone go against dirtmax, because they done something a lot of other people would of done?

Can you please point it out?

PS. Woo 8 pages.

while this post has been used for people to winge about what dirtmax did, read the first few posts where it says the point of this thread is to help russ think of a new name for the bike.

Your first post saying that russ has done nothing was complete crap, your a fool if you believe that. and you clearly have no idea of the hasstle he is going through to bring a new bike to Australia.

For years people have come on here saying how they wish someone building a bike would come on here and ask us what we wanted. Now this has happened and your going to winge about it...

Lodgement Date: 23-MAR-2010

Well that satisfies my curiosity...... Dirtmax are just dogs.... pure and simple... obviously they could see real promise in this bike, and could see it being a fierce competitor to their brands....

Well this is somewhat true.... but you failed to point out that this was after you had turned around and STOLE the name and promptly registered it purely to STOP it from even taking off.

SHAME Dirtmax SHAME (Darren Hinch) :D

get all this crap off here. this is not helping any of the members on this site. it is all heresay as to who did or said what. NO ONE except two people actualy involved in this BS know what happened and what went down. everything else said here is very unlikely to be factual and is only members opinions, so calm down and get over it.

MATE YOU HAVE JUST MADE TO THE TOP OF MY FUKWIT OF THE YEAR LIST...

p.s.. werent you the sponsor in the HRI series tht fuked it all up.

I have to say, I am not a big fan on putting people down. But in light of the fact that we know the backstory with Russ, I have to concur with the above statement. :)

get all this crap off here. this is not helping any of the members on this site. it is all heresay as to who did or said what. NO ONE except two people actualy involved in this BS know what happened and what went down. everything else said here is very unlikely to be factual and is only members opinions, so calm down and get over it.

theres alot more people involved in this than you think.

in the case of the naming of the bike there is only two involved which is the owners of the respective companys. that is what this thread started off as and now it is attacking people on personal opinion and not facts.

ok the last word

i have nothing more to say other than what i said in the new playa thread months ago

the only people that should kick up a stink about the name

would be billy from DIRTMAX
and josh from MOTOVERT there a bit close but i dont think they could do alot about it and well mojo dont do motoverts anymore anyway they sell pitpro's and scooters

Why should they have a problem, dont you think Pitpro would get the sh*ts for Pitsterpro,
who copied who there. seems like Pitsterpro just added a 'ster' to the Pitpro name.
And whats the deal with all the Pit names Pit this Pit that anyway

they still have some

but they are concentrating on scooters but wont have another motovert model apart from the rx

and syd dirtmax are sooks they seem to think that yx are loyal to them and they reckon they design there stuff pfft: they might have a sook about the closeness or the name you've chosen but i dont think they can do anything about it was just a thought

so well i hate to say it and it doesn't matter how right any of you are but russ i told you so!!!!!!

i told you that bill at dirtmax is a petty petty man and would take you for it i told you all

but no i know nothing

anywayz i'm glad to see dirtmax shoot himself in the foot but he as nrg has done that a few times here

thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back