Vertmax name change

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i only shop with sponsors and that left crapmax out off my wallet anyways

I support what russ is doing and think it's awsome buuut well i told him so, and so did heaps of others....
Dirtmax have every right to be pissed about the name... even tho they are a bunch of wankers

I still really wanna buy a gunshot tho! I'll give dirtmax that! the gunshot is the only decent 10" china on the market... maybe russ should get onto that market too

Hell yes Russ should make a 10" for us total light weight short arses that don't want something big ha ha. Call it the shotgun lol.

Anyway I'm not giving dirtmaxs any support coz rip had told me about the gunshot and I was getting keen on getting one... but they can shove it now! Plus yeah vertmax is a weird name!

im just wondering why didnt he register the name when he first started advetising it was kind of silly to not do that b4 you advertise and promote a product save all this hassle further down the track , hope they get it sorted out iam keen to see them out there and at events

Yeah mate I hear ya and I'm sure in hindsight Russ would probably agree ... but you'd be suprised how many businesses do not secure there trademark straight off the bat ... the reason is it's expensive especially internationally and the chances of some bottom feeder coming along and stealing your name is really quite remote .As a result alot of companies secure a domain name first and look at trademark and copyright further down the track. Also 99.99999 % of the time a company is defending itself against a cheap low Quality rip off not the other way around .

In my opinion that's what these laws are set up for ...to stop cheap rip offs ... and not to eliminate competition. At the end of the day we know it's not about the name it's about the bikes and the value for money they offer to us .. the name doesn't matter we'll nail down a better one for him what matters is this ...

Compare any bike on the dirtspak website to Russ's bike and tell me which one you'd have mate ...at 2,000 with THAT spares kit it's no wonder they are sh#tting themselves .... but yeah bruz in hindsight maybe a trademark application would have been a good idea .... but I don't begrudge him that, I know what it's like to get caught up in your product when you are starting out and I'm sure he's learnt from it.

By their own admission most major companies either ignore or avoid this sight and the members here let alone sponsor it before he's sold a bike like Russ. Many of us have talked about an importer askin US what a good deal is for years ....To get a line to the factory ... to CHOOSE what WE want .That's what we will get with Russ he's already shown he is listening and with Thump* on the job we are in good hands.

We got over 14,000 members here ..sure we are not all active but not many of em go anywhere else for all info on mini's. That makes us the biggest mini community of miniriders in the southern hemishere by far AND the biggest bunch of potential customers as well. So I think it's about time some one asked us what we wanted because between the lot of us we have this locked down all day.

Straight back at ya Thump*:cool:

And to everyone else with words of support cheers there's my pay right there it's easier to have your 6 knowin ya got mine :cool:

You guys are right this is a very low un-Australian way to act, dirtmax will never see a cent from me or anyone who listens to me for more than 30 seconds. Considering we run 2 race bikes and numerous dirt bikes in this house hold alone, and I am personally working on two new builds at the moment as well as coaching several other people with their builds I’d say dirtmax has shot themselves in the foot very well.

Tina

this will probably get me hated here, but why compair the "vertmax" to the "dirtmax"

we all know that most of the mini bikes out there are over priced not just dirtmax's

fair enough they spat the dummy about the name dilema, but does it really matter if they
are over priced? People still buy them, there making a killing, if people didnt think it was
worth it they wouldnt buy em, dont get me wrong, i wish "vertmax" all the best with there bikes
and for 2g's im pretty sure ill end up with 1 one day later down the track, but its pretty childish
draggin on the whole " YEAH WE ALL HATE DIRTMAX CAUSE THERES SOMTHIN NEW COMIN ALONG"

this aint a crack at you dreadmaster, but personally, i would keep the talk of the "vertmax"
on the downlow, its better to understate and over deliver instead of overstating and under delivering

thats my 2 cents, im not comin back into this topic lol

this will probably get me hated here, but why compair the "vertmax" to the "dirtmax"

we all know that most of the mini bikes out there are over priced not just dirtmax's

fair enough they spat the dummy about the name dilema, but does it really matter if they
are over priced? People still buy them, there making a killing, if people didnt think it was
worth it they wouldnt buy em, dont get me wrong, i wish "vertmax" all the best with there bikes
and for 2g's im pretty sure ill end up with 1 one day later down the track, but its pretty childish
draggin on the whole " YEAH WE ALL HATE DIRTMAX CAUSE THERES SOMTHIN NEW COMIN ALONG"

this aint a crack at you dreadmaster, but personally, i would keep the talk of the "vertmax"
on the downlow, its better to understate and over deliver instead of overstating and under delivering

thats my 2 cents, im not comin back into this topic lol

I'm right there with you mate, the problem won't be because they are threatened, it's probably because it's virtually the same name!!

Dozens of people from the very start said that vertmax was a stupid name.. I know myself if I ran dirtmax and some new person came up with a bike called vertmax I would be pissed too!

Every other pit bike company can figure out their own name, vertmax shouldn't be any different. Ciniworx, mso, dhz, atomik, dirtmax, orion and so on, all came up with their own name, except for 1 that I know of, pit pro stole the name from an overseas company...

If Russ wasn't on this forum sponsoring and wasn't a good bloke, and dirtmax was sponsoring the forum, you would all be pissed off at vertmax trying to steal dirtmax's name...

Monkey say, monkey do.

Fair enough guys entitled to your opinions and I respect them ... but I stand by what I said .

hey dready..don´t get grey hairs about that....its pathetic how dirtmax think to "protect their reputation"...lol...if they had any...for me a clear sign that the ch!nks still try to learn ,how to rule with capitalism...well , they are what they are..the goofballs from southeast !!
Anyway, I didn´t like the name in the first place either , so it not that bad, me thinks

Rock on brothers

im just wondering why didnt he register the name when he first started advetising it was kind of silly to not do that b4 you advertise and promote a product save all this hassle further down the track , hope they get it sorted out iam keen to see them out there and at events

I thought the same. Anyone serious about entering into the marketplace should have the foresight of registering their business name & trademark before going public with an advertising campaign. At least by applying for a trademark Dirtmax would of had the opportunity to lodge an appeal if they had an issue with it (and that's even if they were notified by IP Australia)

Having said that though, it's probably best to come up with a [edit] different name & not have people confusing the two... I still get PitsterPro & PitPro mixed up :D Isn't Dirtmax a glorified Atomic anyway?

Last edited:
well here goes
coyote pitbikes one of the fastest animals and eats anything
prowler pitbikes
motoworkz
motowerkz
protech
protek

Actually, I'm surprised the name "motoworx" isn't trademarked.

On another note, it was my understanding that anyone with a business/trademark must also trade products under that name. I wonder if Dirtmax will be offering Vertmax bikes soon?!

If Russ wants to keep the name, I'm sure there are grounds to get it back? (since he's spent $'s on sign work & also has the domain name) I think Dirtmax are bluffing. I'd be calling IP Australia & at least stating my case & maybe lodge an intervention?

well here goes
coyote pitbikes one of the fastest animals and eats anything
prowler pitbikes
motoworkz
motowerkz
protech
protek

protech and protek are more than likely trademarked as theere is a helmet brand named protec

PRO-TEC - 2009/2010

Actually, I'm surprised the name "motoworx" isn't trademarked.

On another note, it was my understanding that anyone with a business/trademark must also trade products under that name. I wonder if Dirtmax will be offering Vertmax bikes soon?!

If Russ wants to keep the name, I'm sure there are grounds to get it back? (since he's spent $'s on sign work & also has the domain name) I think Dirtmax are bluffing. I'd be calling IP Australia & at least stating my case & maybe lodge an intervention?

yer but he could spend thousands on legal fees just trying its not worth it

Last edited:
IF you guys are determined to keep your name, I would highly urge you to go and see an IP Attorney. I work at a Firm that deals with this kind of stuff all day and are one of the biggest firms doing this thing in Aus.
Just give one a call and explain the situation and the Lawyer will be able to map this out for you and advise on outcomes if proceeding are taken to quash the threats and future action, or advise on what it may cost to fight it all those kinds of things. I would imagine an initial meeting and product search to cost no more than a couple of hundred. Then you can take the necessary course of action that you think would be best for your brand.

what about
ThumpstarDesertPitbossSdgGpxBSEthumBstarAtomikOrionPitproDirtDogPuzeyFmrMsoDmxTerramoto
PitracerBraapMotovertCiniworxDirtmaxPisterpro?
I proberly forgot a few haha Just another china bike :)

yer but he could spend thousands on legal fees just trying its not worth it

He could also be spending thousands on re-branding bikes with set up costs for tooling; logos, stickers, advertising etc. Just have to weigh up the difference I guess. I'd take Barnesd09's advice and at least get some information from IP Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back