Vertmax name change

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you guys are determined to keep your name, I would highly urge you to go and see an IP Attorney. I work at a Firm that deals with this kind of stuff all day and are one of the biggest firms doing this thing in Aus.
Just give one a call and explain the situation and the Lawyer will be able to map this out for you and advise on outcomes if proceeding are taken to quash the threats and future action, or advise on what it may cost to fight it all those kinds of things. I would imagine an initial meeting and product search to cost no more than a couple of hundred. Then you can take the necessary course of action that you think would be best for your brand.

Yeah mate Russ has made inquiries in this direction but has deciced it's not worth it for a name no one likes anyway ....so we are moving on and renaming ... he has it narrowed down to a few contenders and as most didn't seem to like the name it would seem they've done him a favour ... because the new name will reflect the company better.

Muddy not much more than stickerkits are needed as there is no branding on the cases ... and we can sort logo's etc so no biggy ....The legal battle was gunna cost alot more than that .

So I'll let ya's know when the decision is made :cool:

Ok well i aint good at this but.

I have noticed alot of "3 letter" brand names.
DHZ, FMR, TDR, MSO, TTY etc etc.

so why not try for something like that?

Or even like a simle word? eg- Kaos yes its like kaos 50s but its just an example..

my 2 cents.

Funktion fifties HAHA, i like names that go together, like Fast 50s, Forty4Fifties HAHA !! damn no idea names are hard

well the thing about dirtmax is they made no attempt to contact Russ/Vertmax regarding this name issue apart from a threat saying tht if he doesnt change the name there will be legal matters to continue...

now they get on here and check wats going on so theres no reason they wouldnt of known about the vertmax bikes coming on the market... so they could of contacted him before hand which would of been a better approach and not made them look like a bunch of fukwits...

russ released the pics for the vertmax on the 21/03 and dirtmax registered the vertmax name on the 23/03...

so in in short, i really doubt the vertmax name has anything to do with dirtmax's name stealing.
i think its more the fact he's cut that russ has jumped in on the 2k bike range.

Hey guys, Thanks for all the ideas and supports its great!
Unfortunately I have made the decision to change the name.
Yes its a pain in the ass but with the help from you guys a new
name will be out and about very soon. Graphics will be changed.
New website will be up and running to. All the designs will remain
the same just changing the brand and name of the bikes.
It is my fault for not acting on the trademark side of things
in the first place and not getting the business registered side of things
tied down. Its a small problem which is easily fixed and at the end of the
day the bikes are still going to be exactly as they are. Definately
a good lesson learnt for me and thanks to all the people on here who
have supported and encouraged me from day one.

Muddy not much more than stickerkits are needed as there is no branding on the cases ... and we can sort logo's etc so no biggy ....The legal battle was gunna cost alot more than that .

So I'll let ya's know when the decision is made :cool:

Ah, good to hear it's not a great loss then! I looked at the bike pic & thought the metal cases were stamped with the logo (must have been a sticker)

Anyway, look forward to hearing what the new name is soon :)

lol i no that!! its just called a vertmax ttr155z yamahas got the name ttr so why cant he just make up that aswell. like pitsterpro have lxr and x4r...

Last edited:
We have narrowed a couple down so should be decided tonight.
Though I have to say it was Dreadys name idea that im keen on.
But shhhh dont say anything Dready might get trademarked

Just wondering dude, have you had any involvement with mini's before??

Because you came here wanting to know what boxes to tick on the "China Build A Bike" brochure, eg. ttr, linkage, 155z, oko, dnm sus. even down to the colours. Then you stole the names of 2 successful pit bike companies and stuck them together, now you have got in shit for doing that, now you want other people to come up with the name... Just wondering what you have actually done for the build other then pay for it to be made??

I can't believe there's a 6 page thread on "I can't think of a name"

this isnt a thread about i cant think of a name

dready stated at the start that they already have new suggestions for names Russ himself has stated it too

well lets see TyD hes importing bikes and a spare kit with it at an unbelivable price

and dunno wether you realised but motover is far from succesful they failed hence why there is no new models cos they went on the window alongside there ridiculous prices :D

and dunno wether you realised but motover is far from succesful they failed hence why there is no new models cos they went on the window alongside there ridiculous prices :D

There are new models coming, but unlike a lot of other bike importers they not ticking a few boxers to make another BSE bike with a new sticker kit, they designing brand new ones

ok, let me re-word that cos in a way every china bike is, they all get box ticked to what they want on them,

Motovert always used the top parts hence why they cost more. Ever tryed to drill a motovert axle? What other mini come out with solex fat bars? Plastic that bend around to touch them self? there endless list where mojo dont choose the cheapest option part for there bikes
They also involved in the design process with all there frames there no mini frame as strong as there mini frame.

The reason they got pit pro is to sell the cheaper side bike for the guys that wanta play less money.

...there no mini frame as strong as there mini frame.

sorry , but thats plain Bullshit:p

nice to see that somebody is loyal to his brand , but don´t get confused with

your arguments;)

Just wondering dude, have you had any involvement with mini's before??

Because you came here wanting to know what boxes to tick on the "China Build A Bike" brochure, eg. ttr, linkage, 155z, oko, dnm sus. even down to the colours. Then you stole the names of 2 successful pit bike companies and stuck them together, now you have got in shit for doing that, now you want other people to come up with the name... Just wondering what you have actually done for the build other then pay for it to be made??

I can't believe there's a 6 page thread on "I can't think of a name"

Wow you are a ray of sunshine are'nt ya :rolleyes:

Firstly ALL the stuff you mention was done before Russ came here ...even the colours :eek:

We just didn't like the bike and we told him in no uncertain terms sooooo .... he asked what we did want so Thump* gave him a shopping list ... and TO HIS CREDIT he went back to square one and started again rather than bring ANOTHER sh@t bike over here ...bludging ? I don't think so mate

Now I understand YOU see this as some sort of bludge but I see it as the first dealer with the intelligence to ask US what we want and as long as He keeps listening it'll be happy days.

This thread was never started as a " I can't think of a name " ...read my first post a halfwit could see that .....but like everything Russ is open to our opinions so he asked us for em .

And that's the difference here you think askin for our opinions is a bludge but I see it as a something that should have happened a while ago and the only way we'll ever get what we want at a reasonable price .... See with Russ we have a line to the factory and we can get what WE want ...everyone else just brings what they THINK we want.

Oh yeah besides the things you mentioned there are MANY things involved in bringing a bike over like customs , import duties and resulting paper work which by itself can be ridiculous , finding and dealing with a factory and many other things you wouldn't know about ... and the fact that he scrapped the bike he was bringing and went back to square one on our advice.

So I think to insinuate he has done nothing is also a bit of a misinformed opinion I think mate....

but whether I think it's misinformed or not you're entitled to it so all good we'll just agree to disagree :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back