What Do you think of the Dirtmax Yx 150CC Version II

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah get them to use a standard bearing on the 3rd gear drum as 15x34 doesn't exist as a bearing and the ones they use are shitand most have had real issue's with em

and cactus my mates engine lunched because in the latest batch of yx 150 and 160's they haven't spaced the idler gear on the 3rd gear drum properly so when you kick start it the gear skews and bite into the caseing and part of the selector i think and snap's the shaft clean off at the shitty bearing

will happen to most of them unless you rip the clutch off and chuck a washer in there but in doing that the bearing will still lunch itself just as quick due to the quality of the thing

thats our experiance anyway

the problem is nowon that i know in the industry give the chinaman's this sort of feedback so it wont get fixed and well i spose even if you tell the china's they dont realy care so good luck to us

but the second go at this engine has been successful it's done a few hours and made it through a race day for the most (oil line split) but we have been push starting it

i own a gpx150(yx)and i have had two very hard motard track days and a bunch of thrashing and all up ive done 2 oil changes and mines just as good as they day it came outta box

still snaps 3rd on the rear wheel

Comments like this really shows what you know..NOTHING

I dont need to keep going over this dyno thing....for imbeciles like you.

mmm..sweet commend...no info only insults...nice work;)

ill end this for onece and for all
there sick engines nomatter were u buy from

buy 1 or ur all gay :)

wow bitta bitchin goin on here ay. every1 has there own opinion on everything and every1 has different experiences with everything not allways gunna be the same as ya mate.

spoonta i have a feeling the gpx are different but it could just be a cosmetic not sure

but my mate has a gpx in my old vert and it's been sweet to

but i've seen 3 160's lunch in under 2hrs

are you boys don^t get it...??? yx150 are from dirtmax ..no matter what(gpx,piranha,ogm) and they have serious trouble lately to put them together in the right way...in US and europe a lot of dealers refuse to import them in the moment because of that!!..has nothing to do with dissing the engine...its simply a quality control issue...maybe they fix it, maybe not..!...time will tell

mate...the first run were dodgy to say least but now theve ironed the bugs right out completly and failure is down to crappy maintnence on the owners parts..nothing more

i know that all the brands gpx,dirtmax,pirrana,ogm are all same same COMPANY....YX short for yoshiming ming sucky sucky or something

dirt max's engine are also same same no trick bits or crap just plain old yx 150 or 160 only diff is the jet kit they offer and they come with a carby also

the 160's are crap as they are a abortion and just not thought out right like the short stroke 150's

my 2 cents and im running before the gun fight starts again :)

are you boys don^t get it...??? yx150 are from dirtmax ..no matter what(gpx,piranha,ogm) and they have serious trouble lately to put them together in the right way...in US and europe a lot of dealers refuse to import them in the moment because of that!!..has nothing to do with dissing the engine...its simply a quality control issue...maybe they fix it, maybe not..!...time will tell

yep ya right quality control is the issue but it hasn't been fixed and wont be unless we can get dirtmax ciniworx motovert pitster all of them are haveing this bearing issue and assembly issue to demand of the chinamen to fix it

this is not happening well enough and even if it does happen do you really think the chinamen give a rats ass about a bearing in an engine i'd think not

i'll stick with my stock lifan 150 thanks the gears are crap like the rest of the motors in the world but it's done me justice

.. do you really think the chinamen give a rats ass about a bearing in an engine i'd think not

they would if all the major dealers buy their stuff somewhere else(Lifan,Zongshen,Daytona,maybe even Honda):p...but unfortunately the business isn^t that unite:(...so we have to bare with this shit!!

BOYKOTT DIRTMAX !!!:p

Yeah, all most of these problems are caused by poor care & abuse...........no doubt about that.

Some other problems including gearbox bearings and so on are been looked at, the problem has been that these issues have been rasied by various importers, but nobody has provided any solutions!

Dirtmax is looking very carefully at these various problems, and coming up with solution's including replacing the bearing in question with a steel / brass bush, etc......

Our concern always has been, that we do all this R&D for the benifit of Dirtmax, but YX applies it to all their engines including ones sold to our opposition. So we are not always happy to do this.

Soultions are sometimes hard & costly to come up with because the problem you might be looking at, is not always the cause.

the 160 engines are abortions
the long stroke adds massive movement and in return thay lunch themselves cos u gotta pull down twice as much

my gpx 150cc with flatslide and ork and oilsling eats yx 160cc on the track day in day out
because of the fact the short stroke adds to velocity and gearing is ment for a 150 not a 57 stroke 160cc

in short the 160 is for goons who think they have the biggest displacment in aus but the only thing big is the fool u are when u get eatin by a 150 with a small stroke of 53mm

Yeah, all most of these problems are caused by poor care & abuse...........no doubt about that.

thats a freaking LIE!!...its the poor craftmanship, that cause this incidents..besides the constructive mess ,they made with the flywheels(too much advance) and the missing slinger(and no oilfilter)...:p...some of this engines disintegrated in the first two hours of their lives... so please, give me a break!!..You don^t have to sugarcoat this matter anymore...this yx things are plain a waist of money!!!!:mad:

I am with spoonta...this engine is a abortion...period!!

Last edited:
OH MY GOD!

You really do my head in.......HOW DO YOU Know all this?

Have you ever had a YX150/160 engine, or do you just keep repeating things over and over that youve read in forums........?
Gathering from the number of posts you have, i'm guessing the later..........

Quote: "thats a freaking LIE!!...its the poor craftmanship"

NO, NO, NO ITS the stupid idiots that expect these engines to rev to 15,000 rpm straight out of the box!!!!

My mate BOB can also destroy an engine within 2 hours, but hes a stupid retard...............

We work with these engines DAY IN DAY OUT and i can tell you we have only ever had a few engines that presented these problems..........................and you talk about it as if it was happening on MAMMOTH SCALE.........!

I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS FOR YOU, SINCE YOU CLAIM TO BE A 'MOUNTAIN' OF INFORMATION

Why are more & more Pit bike importers using these engines, if their soooooo crap?
Why are more & more people fitting mod's to gain more power, if these engines cant handle the power they already have?
Where are all these people with these broken engine's?
Why arent we getting calls in droves for replacement parts, or are they just throwing them in the BIN, and buying LIFAN 150's? please educate me because its sounding more like your spreading shit.....and to tell you the truth, you are really giving me the SHITS.

THE BULLSHIT DOESNT SEEM TO STOP WITH YOU! so you can remove that statement from your signature!

Last edited:
dude

high horse you've gotta fall off it

i do understand that yx are traitors like the rest of china but what are you gunna do about it when it comes to the crunch Aussie importers are little fish and there not gunna give any of us exclusivity

the bearing thing is not that hard to fix the problem is your china mates use a bearing they call an 6202x3 it's 15x34x10

this is not an iso standard size and the bearing they use is shit it's outer ring is ground down from 35mm (which is a 6202 standard) this warps the bearing which makes it fail quickly running metal frags through ya donk

now the fix that we have come up with is to use a 6002 15x32x9 and sleeve it out
so if you can get the china boys to fill in the casing to suit this bearing you might even eliminate 2 issue's with the yx motor bearing and casing strength
i have a feeling that in the old lifan engines this bearing was a needle roller but this would be no good from a speed rateing points of view
the steel/bronze bush is a stupid idea the wear rate of sinterd or phosphorus bronze would require to much maintenance.
This is my job mate i'm an sales engineer for a bearing company

the only other real problem with the engine are the dog lugs on the gears but even the jap engines have this problem so user pays on this one

the only fix is to make mega hardend steel gear instead of cast ones but price will go up and how do ya think ebay vermon will take that

nrg man i reckon ya need to let the kiddy's have there say i mean it's only an opinion mountain knows his stuff and has alot to do with the mini scene over in eu so he probably see's alot

i know i dont like the yx engine because of these 2 issue's i'm happy with the lifan
i dont like the daytona engines i reckon there more junk than the yx
hell i seen a few yx motors and daychina's lunch on race day at shep (the lifan never missed a beat)

so it's your choice you either take from this and make your bikes better regardless if it helps everyone else
or you can keep bashin ya head against a brick wall trying to defend yourself against kids the are to cheap to buy a bike of the quality yourself and others produce

choice is yours!!!!

I HAVE A FEW answers FOR YOU, SINCE YOU CLAIM TO BE A 'MOUNTAIN' OF questions

Why are more & more Pit bike importers using these engines, if their soooooo crap?

The novelty of the flea bay bandit being able to say "i've got a 160 look at me"

a little birdy tell's me pitster over in the us have stopped importing the 160

Why are more & more people fitting mod's to gain more power, if these engines cant handle the power they already have?

Some people have more dollars than sense" same reason so many people bought those electric turbo's off ebay

Where are all these people with these broken engine's?

I can show you at least 5 (should note 160's only the 150's had some kick start gears and case issue's but this is an abuse issue)

First of all, those questions were not meant for you.
Secondly, i was looking forward to some VALID answers, not MORE SHIT to add to the pile.

Thirdly, Dont defend MOUNTAIN........., ive read some of his post's, he is as dumb as dogshit.

and thats the thing with this place, everyone has an opinion regardless of who they are..........and i dont have a problem with that, but the thing i have a problem with is that some people here think they have the right to crap on & on......GET REAL

Post replies with some validity, and not crap opon crap...........

High Post count doesnt reflect your intelligane, capabilities or repect you deserve here, it only reflect's how much free time you have, which more so means that your not out riding.................

Hmmm im about to drop $600 on a gpx160 next week. Should I just get the gpx150?

First of all, those questions were not meant for you.
Secondly, i was looking forward to some VALID answers, not MORE SHIT to add to the pile.

Thirdly, Dont defend MOUNTAIN........., ive read some of his post's, he is as dumb as dogshit.

and thats the thing with this place, everyone has an opinion regardless of who they are..........and i dont have a problem with that, but the thing i have a problem with is that some people here think they have the right to crap on & on......GET REAL

Post replies with some validity, and not crap opon crap...........

High Post count doesnt reflect your intelligane, capabilities or repect you deserve here, it only reflect's how much free time you have, which more so means that your not out riding.................

:p HAHAHHA...You are such a poor Sod!!:rolleyes:...but your posts are funny ...keep them coming:D

Latest posts

Back