What would you choose?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Yamaha would you choose?

• WR250. Year 2001. $2300

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • YZ250. Year 1999. $2400

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
i garrentee the wr has had a easier life! something more so trail then race... 2 strokes have 2 be thrashed to get anywhere

You have got to be kidding :eek: Yeh maybe a 50cc-125cc 2 strokes have to be revved hard. But a 250??? No way in hell.

The WR is 2 stroke also.

i think the guy is telling you lies sidney Coz to my knowledge they DID NOT make a WR250 (2-stroke) in 2001 because 2001 was the first of the 4-strokes

I would say it's just a YZ with a lighting kit in it

well if you put it like that, then you may as well call it a Ferrari aye?

he put the WR at the front and yz250wr was only made for a very short while.

2 Stroke WR250
a7bb_12.JPG

YZ250
131f_12.JPG

what shop are you getting this from?

that WR is a import so is that YZ... you will have trouble when you go to the dealer coz they won't want to know you

It's not a shop they are second hand from some guy.

What do you mean "imports"?

For $2400 it is definatly worth getting but you will have to fix up a lot of things on old bikes like this IE Swingarm bushes, steering bearings, reeds, the list goes on....

There's a few dings in the pipe and how tall are you? Because these bikes are very tall.

Also if it were me i wouldn't get it. The one thing i have learned with vehicle buying is never rush into anything, just keep looking around and while your doing that then your money can keep building up and you can get something a little more decent.

Since you said it would be hard to get parts for how would I go about doing a top end rebuild?

And I have made a deal with this guy. If it's worth it. Would I be better off finding a CR125 for about $2500 - $3000?

I am 173 cm tall

Why does it have to be out of these two bikes? Why not wait and try out a few bikes if possible. I would look at Suzuki RMX250(basically an RM250 with road gear) or a CRM250(cr250 with road gear), or KTM 380(learner legal i think). All these are race bikes made road registerable. Plus you can ride off-road legally. Personally I think a Two stroke is a much better bike to learn on(or work on). At the end of the day the purchase is probably going to be based on the look of the bike anyway( I know thats what usually swings my decision) also you can always sell it and get something else(good thing about bikes, they hold their valuer better then cars. Also dont buy anything pre '98(especially honda). Oh and I wouldnt ride a Kawasaki if i was given one. Stay away from KDX
My Fiddy2c

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking for a 125 2 banga around the 3k mark over the year 2000.

The problem with doing that is you don't know when you are going to find one lol

Check out any motorcross tracks/clubs in your area. Post a notice with them and keep looking. Often people will sell their bikes without much thought. If you see a bike you like make em an offer. (be reasonable of course). Knowledge is power.

Cheers for the info, I have to sell my MSO first.
I posted it up in Mini Classifieds

Latest posts

Back