What would you choose?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Yamaha would you choose?

• WR250. Year 2001. $2300

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • YZ250. Year 1999. $2400

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
hey sid for what you want to do i would sugest the yz 250 and if you are not confident with a 250 you could always look at a yz 125 a two stroke will take a bit more maitnence than a four stroke just by putting new piston & rings in it every now & then it should last you a fair while but if something goes wrong with a four stroke its probably going to be big dolar$$

I don't get it??? People think 2 strokes require more maintenance then 4 strokes.... If your not racing it will be fine to change the ring(s) every 6 months and piston every 12 months.... And thats just about the only maintenance 2 strokes require. 2 Strokes are very very basic reliable engines. Todays 4 strokes are very technical and have a lot more moving parts and also run much hotter. When something brakes its going to cost a fortune.

Why a yz250 y don't u get a yz125 it cheaper n you would be able to get a newer model you won't be able to use the power of the 250 id only upgrade from a 2stroke 125 to a 2stroke 250 you won't be able to control the power there's one think of jumping but getting traction is another 250 2 bangers are hard to get traction soon as you hit band your sliding everywhere unless you've riding 2 strokes a For ages and know how to use band and controll the bike not spinning before hitting jumps i suggest the 125 as its more controllable compared to the 250 and i don't think you can ride a 125 2 banger flat like you ride a china thumper the power difference and control is 10 times better and faster. As for what bike it all depends on what riding you do if your going to do bush riding id go the wr other wise track id got a yz my honestly i would get a 125 anyways good luck of choosing a bike

Yeah I'm gonna take a look at an RM85 2002 for $2850.

Now your thinking more clearly, I recon it would be ideal and you will enjoy yourself way more.
If you wait for the right bike at the right price you may even get a better deal....

Does anyone know if this is a big or small wheel RM85?

W123825533885.jpg

Sick I'm pretty keen on that but thats only a 2002 and its $2850 and I found one in the trader which is 2003 for $2300.

Latest posts

Back