whats all this noise about

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the bike runs fine cranks up though all gears no problem just sound like something is loose banging around in there. and I know its not a normal sound

a noisy clutch basket can sound a bit like a big end bearing knock, or if the rubbers are really shot there are metallic noises

Got all the clutch out in spected everything and nothing looks stuffed actually looks really good in there no metal shavings and the cleanest oil I ever did see. The main shaft in the middle has a little play in and out not sure if thats normal. These rubbers that you are talking about what am I looking for there

you need to hold onto the alloy part of the clutch basket, and try and move the big gear on the back
if there is any movement there the rubber are probably shot inside.
a brand new clutch will cost you about $60 - 5 Plate Manual Engine Clutch Assembly Lifan YX 140cc 150cc PIT PRO Dirt Bike | eBay

have a look at the shaft where the clutch and gear sits, see the bearing, on the right lower side at about 4 o'clock
the Lifan 150 cases can crack there from being started wrong.

I will check to see if there is movement over the weekend but while I have the clutch out can I put the clutch cover back on so no oil can leave the engine and start the motor to see if the sound is still there that way I can rule out it being the clutch at all if it still makes the same sound

I will check to see if there is movement over the weekend but while I have the clutch out can I put the clutch cover back on so no oil can leave the engine and start the motor to see if the sound is still there that way I can rule out it being the clutch at all if it still makes the same sound
you will not be able to kick start it..
However in therory and if you started the bike from the flywheel with a rattle gun yes this would work.

Ensure the camchain is tight.

Latest posts

Back