Whats the Best 85 outta the YZ, RM, CR or KX?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which is the best?

• YZ85

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • CR85

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • KX85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • RM85

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pascal125

Reaction score
Hey,I'm expecting a decent report card which means dad will be getting me a bike and i am leaning towards an 85, only which is the best one? i like the looks of the yZ the most but in this situation i want which has the best life, quality and most of all performance. So anybody that has or does own an 85 if they could give them a little bit of feedback that would be appreciated.
Cheers

Did this REALLY require a poll!??????????? REMOVED.

soz foolsp33d, its just that some ppl just take a look at threads and can't be stuffed posting but still vote.
and thanks motoluver and jacko for the advice, i reckon either a cr or yz aswell. will have 2 check out some stores cos havn't seen any NEW yz85's or cr85's in person and see wat i think, also yamaha doesn't actually say wat forks and suspension thy have (the brand)

i would say CR85 but the new one's look like utter crap....

so the best 85 with out a doubt is KTM SX85!!! or the Gas Gas 85 & TM 85

im a yamaha boy so i say yz;)

soz foolsp33d, its just that some ppl just take a look at threads and can't be stuffed posting but still vote.
and thanks motoluver and jacko for the advice, i reckon either a cr or yz aswell. will have 2 check out some stores cos havn't seen any NEW yz85's or cr85's in person and see wat i think, also yamaha doesn't actually say wat forks and suspension thy have (the brand)

Understand that, but to determine what YOU want to get by what OTHERS are 'polling' is a bit of a dud idea...

Make your choice based on the 'fit' of the bike to you, how it rides(surely buying a brand new bike they will let you test ride!?) warranty, dealership backup, etc. Dont buy a certain bike because its faster than another, or it looks better, make a professional decision and determine EVERYTHING before handing over ANY cash/cheques.

Dont set your heart on an 85 when in a year or two you may have out grown and be more likely to be on a 125-250. plan ahead, think things through.

Another option is to keep what you have and put $ towards a car. (possibly the most expensive purchase you can make aside from a house)

Just my thoughts, and by no means heresay.

Yes i did require a poll ovisly the guy was trying to figure out wat everones opinion was on the 85's!!

Once you get the typing thing down pat, and can write a full sentance using correct spelling and pronunciation, i'll try and take a post of yours seriously..:rolleyes:.....maybe.. thank you for the concern and have a nice day
thefinger.gif

Last edited:
Damn pascal can you just make up your mind on a bike already, its not good to have a mindset on a bike, and then change which one you want every week, ive seen you wanting atleast FOUR different bikes now. Just stick with one already.

YZ, Don't save up for a car. You'll be a pro pilot then ;)

fools, im 13, a bit away from a car but anyway...lol.
and borci88, this is because mi dad is getting it for me dumb-nut, so im not on a reasonable budget of like 2k. its hard to decide whether to get a minibike or a japanese bike cos when u look at like motoverts and stuff u just can't take ur eyes away!
anway, now i hav made up mi mind, get dad 2 get me a japanese bike and maybe in a while ge myself like a motovert pro or something.
EDIT: oh yeh and fools i didn't think they would let ya test the bike, and also WHERE do u test 'em? cos im pretty sure they don't turn on the noisy things in the shop..lol. if they DO let us hav a test ride then i reckon i will test 'em and yeh see which one i think has the best style to what i like to ride.

Last edited:
How many bikes do you want, you've had a 50cc Foxico, your foxico now, dont you have some other 110 bike.. You now want your dad to spend his money on a Jap bike, THEN YOU WANT AN MOTOVERT PRO?

GREEDY.

lol, the 50 is mi lil bros and cost 200 bux, the 110 is his but he doesn't ride the bikes cos he's too little, mi bike is literally falling apart. dad was going to buy me a bike anyway but said i have to work hard so for 6 monthsi hav been trying mi absolute hardest at school trying to get good marks and this is a reward. he doesn't mind seeing how he gets aeroplane bills for much more than a japanese bike's cost, so he doesn't be greedy by also giving his family things they enjoy.

he just flies privatly, he has a software company for a living, flying is just an expensive hobby.

Get a kx 100 or a crf150r the kx 100's are the same size as the 150's and go hard as...but if your not interested in them get the yz, or as hillz said a tm or a sx :D

nah, i want a small 2 stroke, they are light, small, powerful and full of fun, nothing against the crf150r or the kx100 but im just not drifting that way right now. as for the ktm or tm, i mean eventually i reckon i will wonna do some rcing but until then i don't wonna set dad back 9 grand, that would seem kinda selfish...

Ive told you before man your gunna regret getting a NEW 85 in a year or so's time. your gunna loose thousands because youll want a bigger bike.

Latest posts

Back