wheelies ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranga

Reaction score
hay guys

i am new to the dirt bike scence i have ridden road bikes before but wanting to know whats the best method to do wheelies on these bikes

i have tried but can only get wheel up just a bit before it comes back down...

sit further back:) till your arse is on the mud guard. should see my mate on his crf50... doing bloody figure 8's, bastard:mad:

like a bmx, balance is the key;)

jst drop the clutch lol
nah uull prob got head over heels lol

ok m8.

find a lil uphill slope, but not too steep.sit back on the seat, get it into 1st gear , just don't rev it too hard before you do a wheelie, once you are ready just rip it open, not too hard the frist timje, but a little trial and error will be needed. just keep practiceing and you will get there.
once you get better trty to put your foot on the back brake, so if yo go too far just tap the brake and it will come down

take feet of and do toe drag wheelies there fun for in back yards
lol

On a short bike it helps if you have a long straight front fender or a fender extension ... I fitted a white YZ 125 front fender to my XR75 years ago and I could wheelie for as long as I wanted to with it on ... I used the tip of the guard as a guide similar to a gun sight ... With a short guard you tend to come up too high and flip easily ... After that , I found it easy to wheel stand XL350's , TT500's , PE250's etc since I used throttle control and sight ... not balance and brakes ... When you learn the right way , you can do smoothly controlled wheelies at either low speeds OR under full power and that helps you to ride crazy powered bikes without sh*tting and backing off all the time ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_3DIjvmd2m5o/SWdnIZWsitI/AAAAAAAABV0/zKl0eBNMybU/s400/yz+c1.JPG

You probably haven't heard of a LOT of things dude ... LOL ... When I refer to a long guard ... on minis that means a KLX 110 style guard rather than a short CRF50 type ... I've seen heaps of people who've busted the rear loop off their china bikes from over balancing during a wheelie ... Of course balance is always involved but learning by getting the bike on the edge of balance is a bad idea ... I've been riding for over 35 years including racing ... when you're accelerating hard during a race with the front wheel only one foot off the ground ... you 'aint using balance ...

yeah man dont worry about the front fender stuff just keep practicing and you get the hang of it then it will be easy.
(fd1 thats a sick photo props)

:p
If you think your way of running a long fender, to stop punters Looping out there chinas then thats ok. Just means your skills are Lacking if you need a big front fender!.......Good luck with it!

I said it can HELP beginners ... ie people who have zero skills because they see the fender tip and that helps them to not let the front get too high ...

IF you have to use the rear brake as a f*ck up lever then you haven't got very good body weight transfer skills ... You're obviously over balancing then needing the brake to save your ass ... Put a pair of MX boots on and try doing it your way ...

Last edited:
Tell me ... did you KISS that "Look at moi , look at moi , look at moi" love me do pic of yourself AFTER highlighting yourself in colour on a black and white back ground ?

Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to Write a sentence that actually makes sense?

I cant kiss a Pictue of myself..Its inside my computer. Im not sure how i could do that? Maybe you might know, seeing as you seem to know absolutely everything.

Do you have an issue with me Editing a Picture of Myself?

Your a Punter get over it...

Tell me ... did you KISS that "Look at moi , look at moi , look at moi" love me do pic of yourself AFTER highlighting yourself in colour on a black and white back ground ?

LOL
dont worry bout him he probs got a different way of learning to do wheelies than you do.

Yeah he's on an unregistered , uninsured little kiddies bike riding in a 'manner dangerous' on a public street ... and he THINKS he's smart posting a pic of it on the internet ... especially since you can read the number plate of the car in the back ground :p

Last edited:
ok back on topic for my sake...

so would the best method be..

sit back come to a slow stop in first gear and accelate hard

or just pop the clutch and hope for the best ???

i really dont care about front fenders or anything like that i just want to know the basic

Yeah he's on an unregistered , uninsured little kiddies bike riding in a 'manner dangerous' on a public street ... and he THINKS he's smart posting a pic of it on the internet ... especially since you can read the number plate of the car in the back ground :p

haha that aint my car or my familys car.... its at my friends house... If we both have different idea's then so be it. Im over it, i just want "ranga" to be told the right way...

-Ranga_ Go try both ways, and if either one works better for you, Then thats the way to do it. Personal preference i guess...Some like it one way some like it the other....Thats it. Finished.

Last edited:
hay guys

i am new to the dirt bike scence i have ridden road bikes before but wanting to know whats the best method to do wheelies on these bikes

i have tried but can only get wheel up just a bit before it comes back down...

First off , you haven't stated WHAT type of bike you've got ... ie China or Jap , what type of suspension , engine size , auto or manual , midsized or mini ... Remember this ... Depending on the type of bike ... You can damage your frame , steering bearings , engine mounts , forks , front wheel etc by getting the front up too high then panicking and smashing it down hard repeatedly ... and depending on the engine you've got you can also run it dry if the oil pulls away from the pickup when the bike is ridden at a steep angle ... In some cases people add more oil to the crankcase and move the end of the rear breather hose up higher on the bike to prevent that from happening ... It's best to start off doing small wheelies and try to carry the wheel for as long as you can while concentrating on putting it down gently , then go higher and further as you get the hang of it ... In a nutshell I don't give a rats ass how you do 'em ... but at least you can't say you haven't been advised ... :p

The guy at the bottom of this link knows what he's on about ...

Wheelie Pics - DRZ400SM - ThumperTalk

This link is pretty informative with some really sound advice ... a bike is a bike whether on road OR offroad ...

"Wheelies 101" - Sportbikes.net

i just preload, hold the clutch hit the gas and drop the clutch at the same time.

but im riding a DR200 atm :p

Different technique on different bikes.

On my 50 , I just lean back a bit and give a little tug of the bars and a little gas and it pops up no worries in the world. No need to have it bouncing of the limiter. On my old mso I just gave a quick flick of the clutch and a bita throttle and it got up fine. On my big bike , same thing just a fan of the clutch and a tiny little bit of throttle. Its all about feel , power wheelie's are super gay on a 50 where you just rev the shit out of it and pull like your on heat , they last for about a second and look like a corn in the process. Find an old shut down derro round perferbly away from civilisation and go for it , they are soooo much fun and never get boring. Power wheelies are cool on a big bike if you are pinging , they require a great deal of skills to hold like wise with a slow wheelie.

I got poor balance , so I always find a good wheelie a rewarding challange. Its all about technique , though I understand what Cactus is saying about having short fenders. Be it physchological or not I reckon it feels that much better on a big bike to ride with short fenders ( I.E cut down , super mulisha haha but feels better!!!)

Latest posts

Back