which pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmm that 05 AGB21 of dads in the shed seems to be going quite strong with the original motor :rolleyes:

yer depends on how u take care of it if u look after it ,it will last longer like anything if u look after it it will look after u

im pretty sure for the 800 dollars a china is if its even lasts 2 years of great fun hu cares if it FCUKS UP

Because when you are out riding with other people it will break and then you wont be able to ride. And when it does break it will cost to fix it. In the long run its cheaper to buy a jap than keep a china running.

That is BS, the bikes that have been mentioned are good bikes and will not cost half as much as a modded klx110 to be as good performance wise. You dont have the bikes you mentioned so why bag chinas.

Ive ridden all the bikes Ive mentioned and Ive also had china's, theres nothing better than reliability. China's have been nothing but a huge waste of money for me, Ive spent almost a grand on replacing parts and Im never going near another china again. Plus you have to worry about your bike breaking on you every time you go for a ride, and when it does break you have to sit out for the day.

If you want an unreliable nightmare get a china, if you want the real thing get a jap.

Yea you might have spent $1000 in replacing parts but when you get a klx110 to the same performance or better your spending $5000 up.

If you look after your bike and ride to its capabilitys it lasts
If your thrash a bike within an inch of its life they break
Thats true of any bike, myself i would go a china any day

not every one has the money for a jap thats why most ppl have chinas for fun and there cheap alot of the ppl on this site are 16 and under so i dont think they cant just go out and buy a $3000+ mini bike if u have the money FLARRY go for it mate just alot of ppl dont

Flarry, You bag chinas so much but you still enter yours in fotm, you must think its an alright bike if you do that.

he's 15 year old, we better start agreeing with him before he crys to mummy

Flarry, if you do spend the right money on a china, such as the mso elite it will last. It has quality levers etc. so you don't have to worry about them too much when stacking. It has quality suspension and as seen in 50's brotherhood can do 50ft cliffhangers out of the box! It has a strong frame, strong swingarm and strong wheels.
What more can you as for??
As for the engine, it should last atleast 2 years with regular oil changes and maintenance. A new 140cc lifan is around $350, that's not too bad.
Plus, stock the mso has more power, 4 gears rather than 3, clutch etc.
Just my 2 cents.

His age has nothing to do with it. His opinion is just jap bikes are better and they are but still my opinion is that they are not worth the money. For big bikes its worth it but i think not for minis.

yes i agree not mini for 3000+ thats way to much but for a 250 etc i would buy 1

gee, what a delemer! what bike should i get with my $3000 to go with my other 2 bikes. lol

but anyways theres nothing wrong with china bikes, iv heard that the mso elete is good and the pitster pro

Look, everybody knows...
Reliability and engine lifespan generally:
China 3yrs tops
Some japs 20 years (ct110, z50 etc) but generally not that long.
But look at it this way, i could buy a pitpro and a year later it would only lose 500 bux yet a jap bike such as a yz over a year may lose 2 grand value...
The worst are crf50's...People buy it for like 2.5k or something, spend atleast 5k with frame mods, bore kits, exhausts, graphics etc. and then only sell it for like 3 or 4k
So they lose around 3k.....
If i was gonna buy a 250 or a reliable trail bike such as a crf150 or ttr, of course i'd get a jap but china's are cheap and fun. If you spend the right amount, it will also last!
Cheers.

thanks for the input guys, sounds like I might have to have a look at a few before I rush out and buy one.
if I can get one for under 3 grand, then great. The main reason for spending more would be better suspension and maybe slightly better build?

I've had a motovert and yes it ripped my mates 15g plus crf but his has never broken mine f@#k up so many times thats why i wish i put my money into a crf like flary that's why my bike was picked up for a steal just to get rid of it now im saving for a crf50 and only thing i plan to do for awhile is bar kit seat and suspension

buy a china

gee, what a delemer! what bike should i get with my $3000 to go with my other 2 bikes. lol

but anyways theres nothing wrong with china bikes, iv heard that the mso elete is good and the pitster pro

alright dude back on topic
if you got a spare 3g's sitting there for a new toy
you should go and buy a motovert 125r there a very tuff bike and mine has been very reliable the jailing engine will go foreva

or you can go out and spend your coin on an mso 140 from what i've seen there not to bad either but i personally have issues with the lifan bottom end

you realy dont need to go and spend 3g's on a china to get a good one but hey if thats what you want to do
go for the top 3
1. 08 motovert expert 2600.00
2. mso elite $2800.00
3. pitster pro ???????

have fun adding to your colection

pitster x3r/x4r, mso ellite/pro, thumpstar,motovert pro etc etc... (somepeople have had problems with motoverts so rule them out?)

pitster x4r $3200
motovert pro $4000

MOTOVERT PRO
X4R

you pay more for the same bike??? ohh wait it has a "japanese motor"

x3r would be anywhere under the $3000 and are a good bike (as i have heard from "cactus
jack")

there is also the terra moto (newer thumpstars) they have ugly plastics but you can modify crf style plastics to fit! they look a treat

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back