which pitbike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had a motovert and yes it ripped my mates 15g plus crf but his has never broken mine f@#k up so many times thats why i wish i put my money into a crf like flary that's why my bike was picked up for a steal just to get rid of it now im saving for a crf50 and only thing i plan to do for awhile is bar kit seat and suspension

Yep, exactly, Im doing the same thing, all I want now is somthing reliable.

I support flarry on this topic.

Notice that pitbike's are a COPY of genuine brands? Yeah sure it might go good if you look after it but if you pump a lot of money into your import you are still only going to sell it for $1000 max.

The fact is that with japanese bikes you can get GENUINE PARTS from dealers and none of this "kitaco copy" whatever merchandise.

Even if you do still go against our advice and get a china, one day you will be wanting/getting a japanese bike.

May as well make the step up now.

no mater how much money you pump into a bike you will never make that money back if you use the product! and i mean never, you may make more then the bike originally cost of the bike but i assure you with genuine parts and the prices for those parts you will not see your money again!

you will only need to spend a couple hundred on a china where as something genuine is going to cost in the thousands!

and on another note as he mentioned they have already got big bikes, and there looking for something that will be fun! pumping money into a bike is not fun!

you will only need to spend a couple hundred on a china where as something genuine is going to cost in the thousands!

Quality comes at a price.

I want to see a china sell for $5000 like some crf50's and klx's go for.

those klx/crf have had atleast 5+k spent on them... china? what 3k off course you wont get 5k for something which only cost 3k!

we all no thats we aint gunna see a chna sell for 5000 but thats not the point there cheap good for the money and if they last 2 years of good fun for 800 its worrth it then if u put mods on it u can put them onto the new bike wehen that one breaks it dont matter if u loose abit of money its only money guys for 800 plus lets say 500 for mods and it lasts 2 years its well worth it

Are you saying that spending 10k plus on a mini bike then selling it for 5k doesnt matter. Maybe you dont know much about money because losing more than 5 grand on a mini bike is alot. Also I think your forgetting his budget is 3k.

I'll keep an eye on ebay in the coming weeks to see if a decent crf pops up.
if I bought a stock crf it may end up costing too much by the time I change frame and forks etc.... if I can find one half done it wont be as bad.

cheers

IMO dont buy a minibike at all.
If you do you will only wring its neck to get any kind of decent performance( its ok calm down he also has a big bike which many of you dont).
Personally after spending $3500+ for a ptibike that has been nothing but trouble i am telling all and sundry to steer clear. if u wanna go fast on a small bike, buy a cagiva mito 125 roady, or aprilia rs125.
wont break down on you.
nothing worse then having a ride day lined up only to find your bike decided to take the day off. My fifty 2 cents.

You can get an 03 - 06 klx110 for $1500 to $2500, thats enough of money left over for mods. And you can jump them stock.

Sure if you are about 12-13 you can jump em stock,otherwise it will need major upgrades just like a crf!
Thats why us guys who are 30+ with good jobs and can actually afford to buy them (with our own money ,not mum and dads)still opt for a GOOD china and save our dough for more important stuff.

20yrs from a jap engine is a bit unrealistic unless its been putted all its life,even good jap bikes still need a rebuild at least once a year if its raced or ridden hard ,which most guys reckon they do.

If you hate chinas with such a passion you should change your avatar to a KLX!!
As for 50ft cliffhangers straight out of the box,if a bike can handle 20ft it can handle 50ft the landing is the same unless you go to flat,and not even the best bike will survive that too well.

bloody oath buy a china and u wont regret it im sure if u get 2 years outta it u will be happy i will if mine lasts that long

IMO dont buy a minibike at all.
If you do you will only wring its neck to get any kind of decent performance( its ok calm down he also has a big bike which many of you dont).
Personally after spending $3500+ for a ptibike that has been nothing but trouble i am telling all and sundry to steer clear. if u wanna go fast on a small bike, buy a cagiva mito 125 roady, or aprilia rs125.
wont break down on you.
nothing worse then having a ride day lined up only to find your bike decided to take the day off. My fifty 2 cents.

Thats because you buaght a china bike.

Sure if you are about 12-13 you can jump em stock,otherwise it will need major upgrades just like a crf!
Thats why us guys who are 30+ with good jobs and can actually afford to buy them (with our own money ,not mum and dads)still opt for a GOOD china and save our dough for more important stuff.

20yrs from a jap engine is a bit unrealistic unless its been putted all its life,even good jap bikes still need a rebuild at least once a year if its raced or ridden hard ,which most guys reckon they do.

If you hate chinas with such a passion you should change your avatar to a KLX!!
As for 50ft cliffhangers straight out of the box,if a bike can handle 20ft it can handle 50ft the landing is the same unless you go to flat,and not even the best bike will survive that too well.

I guess if you dont take riding your mini seriously then go for a china but I want somthing good that wont let me down.

I ride every day and so do all my neighbours, I ride atleast an hour a day so maybe thats why my bikes die so fast.

But my mates 1970 Z50 K2 is 38 years old and still running perfectly, its never been restored and its never had a problem ever and he rides it hard haha, those things are bullet proof!!

Wait untill your china bike has a good amount of hours put into it then tell us how good it is.

Anyway, having a china vs jap argurment is pointless and stupid.

Is the guy who created this thread even coming back??

see my post above chief,

of course I'm keeping an eye on things, I just need to look at a few before I make a final decision. I'll also keep an eye out for a crf

honestly (and i know ill get flamed for this) i think crf50's are a joke even when they have 88's they have no chance against a china
plus smoking sum1 thats riding a honda is funny as hell not only do they feel like shit they look funny too,unless ur 5 foot nothin u look like a monkey riding a tech deck i mean cum off it
as far as i know the jialing in my bike is on its 3rd??? year (sean will clear that up) and still goes hard
u cant expect to buy a bike from china and expect it to be better quality than i jap bike
thats like comparing a virago to a harley
what im trying to say is
buy a china,look after it'and it will look after you

honestly (and i know ill get flamed for this) i think crf50's are a joke even when they have 88's they have no chance against a china
plus smoking sum1 thats riding a honda is funny as hell not only do they feel like shit they look funny too,unless ur 5 foot nothin u look like a monkey riding a tech deck i mean cum off it
as far as i know the jialing in my bike is on its 3rd??? year (sean will clear that up) and still goes hard
u cant expect to buy a bike from china and expect it to be better quality than i jap bike
thats like comparing a virago to a harley
what im trying to say is
buy a china,look after it'and it will look after you

Have you ridden one with an 88 kit? A crf50 with an 88 will be fast and have alot of power it just wont have the top end of a 125, 140.

There was a video on youtube of a crf50 beating a 140 in a drag race, Im trying to find it.

And that engine in your bike probably isnt a jailing since it didnt come off a genuine thumpy and neither did those forks you sold me.

Latest posts

Back