Wiring this regulator?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spicerack

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting lights on my son's Chinese pitty. The bike never came with them but the stator has the coils there for it- two yellow wires in this case. (it's a 6 pole stator).

I've got a 5 pin regulator but no idea what the wiring is meant to be on it- I would love to use it- has anyone wired one of these? I've searched but there's nothing clear that I can see so far...

It's got green (ground?), yellow (one of the stator yellows?), black (battery neg?), pink (??) and red (batt pos?)

Any ideas?

I have been doing a little more research into your Regulator/Rectifier, and you may be able to use it after all.

Wiring
Green - Earth
Yellow - Yellow from Stator
Pink - White from Stator
Red - Battery Positive +
Black - Battery Negative -

test the voltage at the Red and Black wires with a multimeter to make sure there is a minimum of 12.6 volts at idle speed, and a maximum of 14 volts at higher rpms

Craig, thanks so much mate. I had almost come to the same conclusion but was just a bit worried about connecting that pink wire... I've also just got a reply back from the supplier and they think the same too. I shall give it a go!

if you wire it all up and don't get 12.6 + volts from the red and black wires, try swapping the yellow and pink wires around at the regulator.
so pink- yellow from stator, and yellow- white from stator
then try it again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back