Xr/klx mutant motor

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Jake's faster than your brother's? +R vs S3 head was the only difference, besides ignition? Did you write down the recipe for the backing plate?

Is Jake's faster than your brother's? +R vs S3 head was the only difference, besides ignition? Did you write down the recipe for the backing plate?

Havent had a chance to get a good gauge with Jakes when we got his done there was a bunch of snow and ice so it was a lil squeeilly to drive. Intial feel I would say yes. If it goes how I hope and my buddy picks up my Bros bike I can talk him into bringing it with me to Dyno along with Jakes and my mutant motor wheni get done. Im curious to see the numbers vs takies numbers. The ol dynojet doesn't seem as generous on numbers vs other dyno graphs guys have posted. Surprisingly I did sketch up a mechanical drawing. Of thatplate for future reference. Im doing one for a guy next week so im going to revise it a little since on that one I got dimensions from jake and as you see his dimensions weren't exactly correct. Do you think it would be worth looking into about doing a small production run on some backing plates? Word is a guy locally could cnc me some at a decent price not sure have not checked into it yet.

great work mate.i like to see ppl doin this type ov building thats the who point of bike building to c what u can do with the bike.good on you.i just built a yx 150 from scratch its the 1 in my picture.took me a few weeks but its a good bike

Yeah, I think it's worth making a few more, if the cost is right.

And, I found some nice, compact 90 degree 8mm banjo's for the head oil line, too, on the 'Bay.

Excellent work ! I'd say you'd sell a few of those stator backing plates to the XR crowd ...

I've started building up a CRF150R roller from new parts ...

who is the 1 who makes them plates?.how much would u sell 1 for?

yes i made that backing plate. i'm in the works with gdfp about trying make it a affordable package deal with options of either lifan or for the guys that wanna spend a lil more the daytona OR ignitions. he gave me a goal to hit on making the backing plates but i have to look into it to see exactly what it cost in material etc. maybe he'll chim in and give a ballpark what he would retail it for

Well, the Lifan parts retail for $119, in OZ, and with material, machining, and my addiction to extravagant ballerina snow-globes to support, I'm thinking they'd need to sell for aboot $225 as a 100% bolt-on, plug & play kit. But, depending on CNC quotes and raw stock sourcing, it could be a tad more or less. As long as mattiFRauD doesn't ship it to China...

i dont know terry i struck out today. the two places i talked to about cncing a run of these backing plates were pretty high. on a positive note the 100 backing plate is a lil easier to construct than the 80.

024.jpg

025.jpg

lil progress tonight. last week before indy i got another toy. my harbor frieght tumbler w/ media. well i didn't get to play with it til monday night. so i blew apart the secondary rack and tossed it in there and let it run for a while. didn't take me long to realize the ceramic media needed to be broken down to smaller pieces. so i pulled it all out and hammered the hell out of it through it back in there let it run for a day checked it worked alot better. so far i think it works pretty good just dont do it in a hurry this is after about 2 days of running and a lil hand polish work. what sucks it did all this **** just to realize the shaft is **** as well as the shaft.

002-2.jpg
right out the bike
053.jpg

056.jpg

058.jpg

Awesome job on the proof-of-concept run. Sounds like you're on to some thing:thumbup:
Tumbling Media, Deburring Media, Ceramic Media, Plastic Media, Vibratory Media
There look to be some easier options than hammering the big triangles in to small ones.
Silicon carbide, maybe?

Probably have an extra shaft or two, if you haven't got back-up's.

lol yes i see there is some easier options. least i know when i need more media i wont have to spend 30 mins beating on it with a hammer. i wanna try that silicon carbide see how it does.

my other 80 tranny looks a lil rough too. will the 100 shaft interchange?

Output shafts should be the same. Babbitt's would tell. I'll see what's in the coffee cans:)

Some days, it's nice to be able to beat the crap outtta some thing with a hammer, though...

I may have a solution or two. PM'ed one on MMU. The other is buy:
Cnc mill
I'm sure there would be ways to make it pay off:)

ok so you really got the wheels turning about this cnc its not as big as i thought. do you anything about it? i read and looked through their site and still have questions. it says for medium work. what is considered medium work? say im like i wanna make my own set of tranny gears will this lil cnc have the a$$ to do it? will it do triple clamps? and last question i'm pretty darn computer retarded how friendly is the programing for a rookie?

Ah, Chad, you're an easy one to lead astray:) Kidding. Ish...lol
I did a fair bit of searching and inquiring when I was looking at the Deepgroove. Seems pretty easy to program. The software is basic. Not sure it's got the arse for gear-cutting, but triples would work. It would take a lot more passes than a retro-d 2HP Bridgeport, but you said space is tight, and 3-phase 440v isn't in every one's garage. Over a ton of iron, too. My dad was going to help program mine, if I'd ought one. Retired GM machinist, so he makes pretty good coffee, and can toss chips ok too. Slimbo on the planet, John Lyter on my FB, does a lot of small-scale work and pointed me to that unit.

Ah, Chad, you're an easy one to lead astray:) Kidding. Ish...lol
I did a fair bit of searching and inquiring when I was looking at the Deepgroove. Seems pretty easy to program. The software is basic. Not sure it's got the arse for gear-cutting, but triples would work. It would take a lot more passes than a retro-d 2HP Bridgeport, but you said space is tight, and 3-phase 440v isn't in every one's garage. Over a ton of iron, too. My dad was going to help program mine, if I'd ought one. Retired GM machinist, so he makes pretty good coffee, and can toss chips ok too. Slimbo on the planet, John Lyter on my FB, does a lot of small-scale work and pointed me to that unit.

Lol what can I say im like a racoon like shiny objects and things that make shiny objects. Yea Iwouldnt have anyone to show me how to work so I might just hold off on this for a while. Ideally I would have a bridgeport and a bigger lathe. But a lil humble two car garage with my car bikes tool box and other equipment just no room. Lol trust me I tried like hell to find room but couldn't. So my first peak at the cnc you posted I looked and go to big no room. But later was like agh I can look and drool then looked at the dimensions and was like wow I think I can find room for that. Ha ha just gotta find a way to justify buying it to the lil woman and make friends with the geek squad from best buy to help me work the computer and ill be in there.

Latest posts

Back