Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for finding the stuff mate. I'm not a really tight budget so i can't really buy any more stuff for this bike. I'm going to try and fit a pair of pit bike pegs on it.

Also I think I took the front brakes off because the cable was too short with the big bars, I can't remember. I might work something out though.

No updates yet for parts or the frame. It's just a waiting game really. thanks for your help mate :) I appreciate it

Hi all. I got my re build kit today. The positives.. every thing is there, it was fastish postage, It will do the job and has nice paint.

Negatives. There is a lot of left over material in the exhaust port and in one of the intakes. It has a little chip out of one side of the mounting face but it won't cause problems.. There is sharp and rough edges on all the entry's to the ports and it didn't come with instructions or recommendations of running in times ect. That's not really needed but would still be handy for some people.

The plan is to port and polish it all and clean it up a bit and also smooth out the entrys to the ports so I don't catch a piston ring on them.

Over all it's a great kit for the price. With a bit of a clean up it would be way better and for cheap builds like mine, it's a great fix to what could have been an expensive rebuild if I got yamaha parts. I will let you all know how it goes when I put it all back together. I'm hoping to get it done by the week end but that depends on when I get my frame back and when I can pick up my rotary tool.

Hi all. I painted the forks candy apple red to match the factory stickers. It's hard to get a good photo because I used a silver metallic base coat and it shines in the sun.
10321124_10201912467845701_9105555030823119678_o.jpg

906263_10201912468005705_1167016723676551589_o.jpg

your plan sounds good, which kit did you end up getting the 50cc or 60cc ?

paint looks sweet too, have you done a clear coat on them ?

your plan sounds good, which kit did you end up getting the 50cc or 60cc ?

paint looks sweet too, have you done a clear coat on them ?

I got the 50cc kit. I was going to go with 60cc but money was an issue and then I didn't want to have problems with fueling and also the cost of making it work if I needed bigger jets ect. So I went with the 50cc kit to save money and problems basically.

The paint did come out nice. It's a tiny bit patchy but it's hard to paint candy colours. Still looks really good though :)

I end up taking the whole bike apart tonight. I thought that if I clean up one thing on it, the rest would look bad so i'm going to re paint it all. The engine looks ok but it's not glossy any more so the new parts will make the engine look old. I have some left over paint there so it's still going to budget :)

I also got the frame back today. I will post photos up after I clean it up and paint it. All the cracks got fixed and a plate got welded in under it. I will strip it all back, prime it and paint it tomorrow. He did a good job on it :)

I'm also going to clean up the rear brakes and make sure it's working ok and then start putting it back together. I want to clean up the cylinder before I put it on so that depends on when I get my rotary tool. Hopefully it goes back together with out a problem :)

Hi all. I have done some more work on the peewee today. Starting by opening some parts :) I also decided to paint the engine and every thing with it. I was going to polish the center part or paint it but in the end it was really hard to mask up so i just did it all black.

Also it's been colder then normal here so I got a ship load of orange peal :action-smiley-033: So after sanding it all again it's ready for another coat of paint. There is still some left but i'm over it lol.

I also started to clean up the weld job on the frame. It's not the prettiest frame ever made but it will do the job nicely. i'm also going to re paint the wheels as well and then it should be about time to put it all back together. Such a mission but hopfully it pays off :)

Hi all. The peewee is coming along nicely. I'm going to wait to port it because I can't pick up my rotary tool till later. So i'm going to put it all back together, run it in and then take the cylinder back off to do some porting work. At least that way I can see the difference.

Also what oil mix should I do to run it in. I was thinking more oil so maybe 30 to 1 ?

The only thing holding me up atm is a damaged thread on the forks. So I need to fix that up before I can put the rest of the bike together. I'm also waiting for a mob of paint to dry. I re painted every thing so it all looks brand new.

I'm so keen to see if it runs :D Oh and what spark plug do these take ? I have a mix here and forget what one goes in it.

BP4HS is the standard spark plug

i ran Cj's in at 25/1. 2.5 litres fuel, 100mls oil

That looks cool with the bigger bars on it! It also brings back memories of when we were young, I would sleep over at my mates and we would get up at 2am and wheel it around the corner start it up and ride the streets of the suburb!
His dad was a cop, and we eventually got busted by another cop who lived a few streets away. haha good times.

Thanks for your help. They didn't have the NGK one so I got the one like it.. think champion ?

And yes we have taken the peewee for a ride late at night after a few beers aha. Good times.

The peewee is going back together well. I'm stuck on the piston rings though. I think I have them in the right order and also do I need to use that expansion clip or what ever that smaller thing is ?

And now I don't know how to compress the rings so they fit inside the cylinder. Is there a trick to do this or do I need to buy a tool to do it ? I got the new studs in and the pistons on. just need to get the rings inside the cylinder.

there are 2x tiny pins in the ring groves of the piston,
make sure you fit the rings and compress them with the pin lined up in the ring gap
oil the rings and bore, then gently compress the rings with your fingers as it goes into the taper

you don't need the expansion spring under the bottom ring

check out this video

[video=youtube;JuRglHt04rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuRglHt04rY[/video]

Last edited:
wow thanks. I think I did it right but didn't even check the grooves for the arrow :/

I will go try it again

I'm not going to be able to start it tonight. Such a let down :(

Hi all. I need some help. When I kicked the bike over to test it out I got a shock though the bars ahahaha.. I don't know what I did wrong :/ Any ideas ?

Ready for a start up and it's still shocking me though the bars :/ What have I done wrong. I think i'm missing a part or I grounded a wire that I shouldn't have.. Any help would be great

I think it was from the kill switch not being on the bars. I had to stretch the mounts so it would fit the bigger bars. i have spark i'm pretty sure but i think it's flooded.

Does any one know the stock carbie settings ? I think I changed it last time :/

I found the problem. The top bit that holds the needle to the float is missing. I'm guessing thats why it was flooding... More money and more time.

what part is missing?

images

don't you have your old carby still ?

The little needle thing that joins onto the float. The top of that is missing so it can't connect to the float. My old one had a broken float needle too so that's why I got the china copy. I have about 5 pit bike carbies here but none of them have the right part.

So I need to find a new needle for the float for what ever that thing is called. Thinking I should rig up a pit bike carbie

Latest posts

Back