Your opinions on lifan 140cc & 150cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah thats another thing i might just work my *** off and buy a cr,yz or a rm125.

Just trying to decide ay

yeh im comparing it to the china engines....

jakey.. i got a cr125... cant go wrong... i decide to save up and buy it... havnt looked back

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah but a 150cc lifan compared to a yz or cr125cc alot of difference

if use think a 140 or 150 is fast... ride a 125 2 stroke... u will be left for dead

you really cannot compare a pitbike with a fullblown MX bike, a pitbike is a small toy compared to the MX bike, but with the right rider you can kill a big bike with a small bike, example: I was out riding with a friend a while ago, I brought along my loncin 110cc and my KX125, my friend borrowed my KX and we raced on everything from open gravelroads to tight forest trails and I killed him on everything except the straights, even in high-speed corners I killed him, that's 7-8HP versus 30+HP and shitty china suspension Versus Jap quality supspension.

What I'm trying to say is that power only helps when you've got room to use it, try honing your skills on the 125 a bit more before upgrading, it's OH so satisfying to beat bigger bikes with a bike that's slower...

if use think a 140 or 150 is fast... ride a 125 2 stroke... u will be left for dead

I used to think a 125 2 stroke was fast then I rode a 450 4 stroke. U will be left for dead haha.

150 lifan is light years ahead of the 140 , check the 50s brotherhood feedback on it in last years shoot out.

no point buying something you cant ride and no where to ride it

I can ride it.
There are alot of places were i can ride in Ormeau.
Think before you post :)

you really cannot compare a pitbike with a fullblown MX bike, a pitbike is a small toy compared to the MX bike, but with the right rider you can kill a big bike with a small bike, example: I was out riding with a friend a while ago, I brought along my loncin 110cc and my KX125, my friend borrowed my KX and we raced on everything from open gravelroads to tight forest trails and I killed him on everything except the straights, even in high-speed corners I killed him, that's 7-8HP versus 30+HP and shitty china suspension Versus Jap quality supspension.

What I'm trying to say is that power only helps when you've got room to use it, try honing your skills on the 125 a bit more before upgrading, it's OH so satisfying to beat bigger bikes with a bike that's slower...

Yeah true that.
I have stanmore race track right behind my house thats were i rode my friends cr85 there quite alot of room in ormeau

Last edited by a moderator:
if you got a full sized MX Track close to you and you wanna ride that, you might consider getting a big-bike, but if you wanna keep it mini, find other places to ride, the tighter and more technical places are where the pitbike shines, any place where room is abcent.

Whats the point about this post...?? If you want a big bike get one...don´t waist your time (and ours) and money to hop up your pitty....it will never be compareble to a big bike....so get over it and go on!!

Lifan150 will rule the world!!:p :p

i think you guys got me wrong.
i just saying a 125 2 stroke will smoke a lifan.
yes a big 450 etc will eat all of them..
im just doing a camparison.
no trying to make all these arguements

but making the comparison between a 450 and a 2 stroke 125 is on the same scale as comparing your 125 to any pit bike there is none

we are showing justification of spending the extra coin and getting the 150 over the 140 not getting a 125cc 2 stroke and putting that in a pitty!!!

why not go all out and put a 450 in a pitty?

It might need some minor frame modifications.....

I wana see that run too post up a link

Another good reason for buying a Lifan 150 is that all the mods have been sorted out by the factory which equates to higher reliability over modding up a 140 engine ...

On the other hand , you could buy a ceramic 143 cc BBK for your 125 ... as long as the bottom end is still in good condition ... but if it's a non kick in gear engine ... FORGET THAT IDEA .... :eek:

Latest posts

Back